We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Shroomahuasca trip report Options

Electric.Sight
#1 Posted : 9/15/2010 7:20:22 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I know it's not DMT, but it's an ayahuasca analog so I believe it's relevant.

Shroomahuasca:
3g syrian rue seeds crushed up and swallowed.
1g fungus + 1g more an hour later

This report is being written long after the experience so all this is recited from memory.

I have read about potentiation of mushrooms with Syrian rue and thought it sounded real interesting.
I started the night by crushing up 3g of Syrian rue seeds and swallowing the powder with some cola.
Waited half an hour as was recommended in online reports.
This was to be sure my mao enzymes had time to be inhibited.
I noticed the slight effects of harmaline and harmine taking hold at this time,
which consisted of a slight stoning, dissociation and a spaced out feeling.
It was then I decided to eat 1g of dried mushroom of unknown strain, however previous bio-assays showed them to be of good quality.
I read to start very low when using maoi's because it not only potentiates the trip incredibly,
it also changes the nature of the trip entirely.
This includes a longer length of absorption, resulting in a longer comeup, and longer over-all experience.
I wasn't aware of the longer come-up time and by the 1h point I wasn't feeling much.
I made the mistake of taking another gram of fungus. (Looking back it wasn't a mistake at all, I had a wonderful experience!)
As soon as it was swallowed I heard the carrier wave coming on and instantly knew I was in for a heavy ride!
30 minutes later I start tripping quite heavily, in a much more dmt-like headspace than the usual shroom-space.
Heavy visual effects that I could compare to non-breakthrough dmt/pharma were being experienced for a good portion of the trip.
When the second gram kicked in I was pretty far-gone.
I was experiencing significant ego-loss and feeling incredibly spiritual and mystical.
Realizations were forced upon me similar to dmt and less like mushrooms which can be more forgiving.
I recall at one point I was so far gone from reality I could not remember where I was sitting in my room,
So I visualized myself in multiple places at once and seemed to be having OBE's that were coming and going at random.
The trip lasted close to 12 hours after which I slept fine and awoke with no hangover,
but the normal shock that comes from deep trips lasting 2days up to a week.
After this shock is integrated however, it turns to pure gold!
Tryptamine after-glows are so enlightening to the mind it is worth every struggle, be it good or bad.

Edit: This thought just occurred to me. If you have experienced 4-aco-dmt before, that is a good comparison to the visual effects I experienced with this shroomahuasca trip. I would say shroomahuasca is a lot more forceful than 4-aco-dmt, which I find to be a very gentle but deep psychedelic.
Disclaimer: All Entheogens and other research materials are not for Human consumption! I have researched by text the effects of consuming such things in case of accidental consumption. I have never actually consumed any of the materials I speak about and it should be assumed I'm speaking hypothetically. I have a wild imagination.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

ms_manic_minxx
#2 Posted : 9/17/2010 5:10:13 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Mushrooms and harmalas are definitely a fun combination to explore! I find the mushroom potentiation 2-3x with sufficient MAOI.
Some things will come easy, some will be a test

polytrip
#3 Posted : 9/17/2010 12:50:28 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Location: A speck of dust in endless space, like everyone else.
I hardly ever use shrooms these day's, without MAOI. The effects of shrooms with caapi are virtually indistinguishable from ayahuasca, especially ayahuasca made with mimosa.
It seems that not every type of shroom combines well with MAOI because of other substances present in them. I have only had one bad experience with the shroom/caapi combo, where i felt nausea, shortness of breath, muscle cramps and coldness. That was with sclerotia sold under the name 'purple rain'.
I read a few tripreports here from people who ahd very bad experiences with shrooms and MAOI's, and most of the times this was with p.cubensis and/or rue as source of MAOI.

I would therefore recomend people not to use p.cubensis in combination with rue or caapi but only shrooms of excelent quality like copelandia cyanensis. I find the experience quite heavenly, but it can be extremely intense.

Bancopuma
#4 Posted : 9/17/2010 2:34:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

^^I find myself agreeing with you often Mr polytrip. In my experience, while I've had many amazing and beautiful experiences with cubensis mushrooms, I believe them to sometimes give a foggier, muddier, more unstable trip compared to the other species I have sampled, as I've described in another thread. However liberty caps, and Copelandia cyanescens mushrooms especially feel very 'pure', clean and crystalline in comparison.

I believe the MAOI's can make the impurities and less desirable traits of some mushrooms more apparent. And Syrian Rue contains its own impurities and toxins (not knocking it though). Thus, I would recommend people also consider sampling caapi (which lacks these toxins) with some Copelandia or liberty cap mushrooms.

Electric.Sight
#5 Posted : 9/17/2010 8:36:02 PM
DMT-Nexus member

These were some good shrooms, I didn't experience any toxic side effects, at least that I was aware of.
It should be noted Rue has always been pretty good to me, I've never experienced any nausea when eating it.
I do have some caapi laying around but I'm going to save that for a real Ayahuasca experience.

I also have something which may or may not be Tetra-Hydroharmine.
Any experience with using this as a MAOI with shrooms?
It seems pretty clear minded, almost stimulant like in my experience with THH on it's own.

Disclaimer: All Entheogens and other research materials are not for Human consumption! I have researched by text the effects of consuming such things in case of accidental consumption. I have never actually consumed any of the materials I speak about and it should be assumed I'm speaking hypothetically. I have a wild imagination.

Ur
#6 Posted : 9/17/2010 10:21:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

So B. caapi and P. semilanceata would be a good combo I suppose... Can anyone think of any other good herbs to potentate with? Maybe passionflower or licorice?

Bancopuma
#7 Posted : 9/18/2010 3:53:38 PM

DMT-Nexus member

^^I had a particularly beautiful experience with this combo. About 12g of caapi and 40 liberty caps I think it was, but the experience was very blissful and beautiful.