We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Stories and Metaphors for Ego Death Options

Ur
#1 Posted : 9/17/2010 10:05:40 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I found episode 6 'Tree Trunks' of the show 'Adventure Time' to be rather like a metaphor for ego death/enlightenment. I've also encountered ego death themes in Spiderman Comics. It was a short series called FEVER, 3 issues I think. I'm not really a Spidey fan. A friend just had them and they piqued my interest, as the spider things kinda of resemble Tibetan death gods.

Anyways you can watch the episode here, The relevant par begins at 11:26. Rolling eyes

Anyone know of any others?

I find them useful for illustrating the concept of ego death.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

aBore
#2 Posted : 9/18/2010 11:09:03 AM

Elbow

I never thought of the show as relevant to ego death, but now that you point it out, the end part where they are fighting crystal copies of themselves for a bite of the apple definitely can function as a metaphor for ego-death. Smile I really love Adventure Time so I had to reply.