We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Space is an illusion Options

aliendreamtime
#1 Posted : 9/10/2010 3:20:02 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I and three of my very close friends acquired a gram of DMT, which I and another friend split. The setting was in my other friend's apartment in a rather popular city, on a warm June night. We turned on a single corner lamp for some dimly-lit feng shui, and pulled out the bong. I was the first to go...

The first time I smoked DMT was with parsely. I took app 50mg in two hits. AACKKK! Oh yeah, there's parsely in here!Wink and I proceeded into hyperspace. I exhaled the second hit and moved my eyes quickly from side to side. Tracers emerged from the cd rack across the room. Immediately I noticed the somatic/analgesic effects I get from psilocybin, where you can literally feel the chemical coursing through your limbs and torso. I then focused my attention on the music playing(Cortez the Killer by DMB with Warren Haynes- great stuff!)The first visuals began appearing as this undulating network of triadic moleculecules interwoven with eachother, a motif I often get with mushrooms, began to form. I remember thinking, uh oh, you've done it again, as I figured I was about to lose my ego. This may have been from my frequent earlier mushroom journeys (4-HO-DMT), or dreaming states, but I remember thinking this place feels/seems incredibly familiar- serious deja vu. To be honest I was expecting a much more phantasmagorical array of wild fractals, but instead was this rather simple, non-ornate, living cathedral of ever-morphing fractal- humans in geometric form. The colors mostly were black, grey, purple, and greens. I remember watching this cathedral emanate out before me, as I breathed it in deeply. As I looked out and up into this cathedral I soon realized that I was one of these bodies, amongst a seemingly infinite amount of other bodies, all connected and morphing into each other, collectively constructing this organic cathedral. As I looked out, I realized that all the other bodies out there were also me,but they are also everyone else who isn't me. Everybody then was WE, as WE looked out onto ourselves, WE being all humans I supose. Then at some point, I think I may have opened my eyes and then sat down and relaxed again (not a complete breakthrough btw) and shut my eyes once more. This time this mostly light green, yellow, red, and purple fractal scheme erupted into sight, with one of the main fractal 'centers' getting into my face and shoving a bulging eye against mine. This didn't look like your average human eye, but it seemed to be behaving like some type of sense organ, coming to check me out. At this point the visuals began to diminish and I was back to baseline in no time. As soon as I was back to baseline this concept struck me- the whole time I was in this fractal world disconnected from my body, there was no such thing as space or seperation. Everything was one and I was everything. (Egocentric huh?) As I came down, I remember thinking, "whats this happening now? THIS seems familiar too! Oh YEAH! me and my external reality are two seperate things! How much easier this is.

Conclusion: DMT is waaaaay too fast for me to get much out of it. It is spectacualar but highly disorientating being slammed in the face with an intense psychedelic experience such as this. I had much better results with a DMT/Rue oral combo, and am looking forward to an Ayahuasca experience, la purga and all. Just got some vine today!

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

aliendreamtime
#2 Posted : 9/14/2010 2:56:53 AM

DMT-Nexus member

My friend kept saying this to me as well, but the truth is, as far as I am concerned, that you cannotreplicate a smoked DMT experience, (except maybe IV or IM) by ingesting it and taking it through the digestive system. The whole process is slower, and therefore, far less traumatic. I have smoked very small amounts of dmt, 5-30mg, without any fear or anxiety. Therefore, IMHO, the DMT isnt causing anxiety, its is the sheer force of the experience that causes anxiety on a typical smoked DMT trip, and as we know, anxiety and fear are very negative things to be feeling while under the unfluence of God, adding to the "I don't want to do that ever again" feeling after smoking a heavy dose. SWIM tried ~50mg DMT + Rue, which was nothing at all like smoking 50 mg DMT, and more akin to psiloybe mushrooms. However, CEV's were exponentially more detailed comp'd to psilo's.

I think I personally dont like being in the DMT hyperspace because I can never figure out what the F**k just happened, am I dead or not? Is being human real? This happens to me less when I have time to integrate myself into the space over aperiod of say forty minutes to an hour.

Just my thoughts. Can anyone else add to/refute this?

camdemonium
#3 Posted : 9/14/2010 4:00:20 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Its all an illusion! You create your own reality, there are monks in the jungle right now living on nothing but air!
http://www.digitaljournal.com/article/284464
Om Mani Padme Hum

Infundibulum
#4 Posted : 9/14/2010 4:15:10 AM

Kalt und Heiß, Schwarz und Rot, Kürper und Geist, Liebe und Chaos

ModeratorChemical expert

[quote]=camdemonium]Its all an illusion! You create your own reality, there are monks in the jungle right now living on nothing but air!
http://www.digitaljournal.com/article/284464[/quote]
I call BS on people who claim to live on just air. It also seems that this is a common thing to claim for wannabe enlighteneds in these geographical regions.

Need to calculate between salts and freebases? Click here!
Need to calculate freebase or salt percentage at a given pH? Click here!

clouds
#5 Posted : 9/14/2010 4:16:41 AM

Human

camdemonium wrote:
Its all an illusion! You create your own reality, there are monks in the jungle right now living on nothing but air!
http://www.digitaljournal.com/article/284464

Oh! here we go again Smile

camdemonium
#6 Posted : 9/14/2010 5:31:55 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Believe what you wanna believe, but just know that what you believe is the truth to you alone Smile
Om Mani Padme Hum

JIM
#7 Posted : 9/14/2010 6:29:25 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Believe nothing, no matter where you read it or who has said it, not even if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense
Buddah

Enoon
#8 Posted : 9/14/2010 12:21:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Harm reduction, Analytical thinking

Is there really such a thing as an absolute truth? To me it seems that nothing is truly absolute...
Believing in something/anything to me seems like a trip in a sense. It can reveal do you things about yourself, about the nature of reality, psychology, god, etc. But if you don't come down eventually... you will only experience that one lesson. While there are so many more out there. Belief to me is a tool that I apply to tighten or loosen screws for example. I try to live in a constant state of utter gullibility and scientific/rational scepticism. To use the QM-duality image (which I don't intend to use as pseudo proof but rather as a metaphor) - Reality to me is a wave, and our beliefs are the interaction that make it manifest and particle/solid like. Believe everything, question everything, be open always.

That being said, yes DMT is scary fast and sort of accelerates you into a different head-space so fast you lose your bearings, and end up really bewildered and thinking, wtf is happening, and is this really happening? How can this be?
Personally I like it. What I get from it happens later. Not by contemplating what the experience showed me, but by existing after the experience and letting it merge into my being. As one more layer of my existence. I think it's great.

cheers
Enoon - eternally bewildered!
Buon viso a cattivo gioco!
---
The Open Hyperspace Traveler Handbook - A handbook for the safe and responsible use of entheogens.
---
mushroom-grow-help ::: energy conserving caapi extraction

Virola78
#9 Posted : 9/14/2010 5:52:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

aliendreamtime wrote:
I and three of my very close friends acquired a gram of DMT, which I and another friend split. The setting was in my other friend's apartment in a rather popular city, on a warm June night. We turned on a single corner lamp for some dimly-lit feng shui, and pulled out the bong. I was the first to go...

The first time I smoked DMT was with parsely. I took app 50mg in two hits. AACKKK! Oh yeah, there's parsely in here!Wink and I proceeded into hyperspace. I exhaled the second hit and moved my eyes quickly from side to side. Tracers emerged from the cd rack across the room. Immediately I noticed the somatic/analgesic effects I get from psilocybin, where you can literally feel the chemical coursing through your limbs and torso. I then focused my attention on the music playing(Cortez the Killer by DMB with Warren Haynes- great stuff!)The first visuals began appearing as this undulating network of triadic moleculecules interwoven with eachother, a motif I often get with mushrooms, began to form. I remember thinking, uh oh, you've done it again, as I figured I was about to lose my ego. This may have been from my frequent earlier mushroom journeys (4-HO-DMT), or dreaming states, but I remember thinking this place feels/seems incredibly familiar- serious deja vu. To be honest I was expecting a much more phantasmagorical array of wild fractals, but instead was this rather simple, non-ornate, living cathedral of ever-morphing fractal- humans in geometric form. The colors mostly were black, grey, purple, and greens. I remember watching this cathedral emanate out before me, as I breathed it in deeply. As I looked out and up into this cathedral I soon realized that I was one of these bodies, amongst a seemingly infinite amount of other bodies, all connected and morphing into each other, collectively constructing this organic cathedral. As I looked out, I realized that all the other bodies out there were also me,but they are also everyone else who isn't me. Everybody then was WE, as WE looked out onto ourselves, WE being all humans I supose. Then at some point, I think I may have opened my eyes and then sat down and relaxed again (not a complete breakthrough btw) and shut my eyes once more. This time this mostly light green, yellow, red, and purple fractal scheme erupted into sight, with one of the main fractal 'centers' getting into my face and shoving a bulging eye against mine. This didn't look like your average human eye, but it seemed to be behaving like some type of sense organ, coming to check me out. At this point the visuals began to diminish and I was back to baseline in no time. As soon as I was back to baseline this concept struck me- the whole time I was in this fractal world disconnected from my body, there was no such thing as space or seperation. Everything was one and I was everything. (Egocentric huh?) As I came down, I remember thinking, "whats this happening now? THIS seems familiar too! Oh YEAH! me and my external reality are two seperate things! How much easier this is.

Conclusion: DMT is waaaaay too fast for me to get much out of it. It is spectacualar but highly disorientating being slammed in the face with an intense psychedelic experience such as this. I had much better results with a DMT/Rue oral combo, and am looking forward to an Ayahuasca experience, la purga and all. Just got some vine today!

thx for sharing
i always like to read about comparison between mushroom and dmt experience
your comparison has some interesting details

"I was back to baseline this concept struck me- the whole time I was in this fractal world disconnected from my body, there was no such thing as space or seperation. Everything was one and I was everything. (Egocentric huh?)"

Or paradoxical?
“The most important thing in illness is never to lose heart.” -Nikolai Lenin

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

Electric.Sight
#10 Posted : 9/14/2010 10:30:04 PM
DMT-Nexus member

aliendreamtime wrote:

I think all methods of ingestion are useful in their own way.
Smoked DMT is pretty fast and out of this world, it is training our minds to perceive on a faster level.
I agree though I am often left with "What the hell just happened?" directly after smoking, but it's in the weeks to follow that the insights will come.
I have not experienced Ayahuasca yet, however I have had a pharmahuasca with rue experience and a shroomahuasca with rue experience.
I would say these were much easier to integrate, and both got me feeling incredibly spiritual.
I am interested in pursuing oral doses more often in the future, as well as the real deal Ayahuasca.
I agree the extra time and longer length of absorption reduces the trauma effect smoked DMT can provide.
But maybe the trauma effect is what gives smoked DMT it's magic?

camdemonium wrote:

I also believe we create our own realities, power of imagination!
This is not to say there are monks living on nothing but air currently; but not saying this is impossible either.
By evolution, this ability would be able to be attained with deep focus and meditation.
However not everyone can do this, it would have to occur across generations and generations of people.
So I probably couldn't go out and start living off nothing but air and sun,
but monks practicing this technique for generations very much could have attained this skill.
Just like if I practiced this skill, perhaps my child's child's child's child could start to use this ability, as long as they continued practicing.
Disclaimer: All Entheogens and other research materials are not for Human consumption! I have researched by text the effects of consuming such things in case of accidental consumption. I have never actually consumed any of the materials I speak about and it should be assumed I'm speaking hypothetically. I have a wild imagination.

camdemonium
#11 Posted : 9/14/2010 10:43:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Exactly Electric.Sight! The reason each and every one of us is on this Earth is because our souls CHOOSE to be. We manifest in this reality only because we choose to, now the tricky part is to figure out how to manifest myself in hyperspace Laughing Laughing
Om Mani Padme Hum

Electric.Sight
#12 Posted : 9/14/2010 10:55:52 PM
DMT-Nexus member

camdemonium wrote:
We manifest in this reality only because we choose to, now the tricky part is to figure out how to manifest myself in hyperspace Laughing Laughing

This is also possible! I don't believe hyperspace is a seperate dimension,
I believe it is this dimension we're in, reality. We are always in hyperspace, we can't perceive it yet because we haven't evolved enough.
However our personal interpretations will color the experience as well,
so it is difficult to say what is "real" and what is our minds. I suppose it's all different degrees of "real".
By introducing DMT to our brains, I believe in time it may swap out serotonin entirely as a neurotransmitter.
I'm aware both are present in the brain at once, but we don't know what endogenous DMT is REALLY used for do we?
Maybe its endogenous presence will increase across generations until sufficient quantities are available to replace serotonin completely.

Ever wonder what the world would look like if we had atomic perception?
Pretty damn complicated with all that gas and whatnot we can't even see right infront of us!
Light is the only form of electromagnetic radiation we're perceptive of.
What if we could perceive(visualize) heat, gamma, or even radio waves?
What if we could perceive illness?
I find these to be fascinating questions!

This is pretty heavy speculation lol but I thought it was interesting.
Sorry for de-railing this thread!

Disclaimer: All Entheogens and other research materials are not for Human consumption! I have researched by text the effects of consuming such things in case of accidental consumption. I have never actually consumed any of the materials I speak about and it should be assumed I'm speaking hypothetically. I have a wild imagination.

camdemonium
#13 Posted : 9/15/2010 1:06:37 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hyperspace is home, me and my twin flame found that out through the spice Smile Smile Smile. We realized this when we blasted off for the first time, that we had been THERE, not HERE, but in hyperspace together for eternity. This world is a learning zone and hyperspace is where we return when we are finished learning in this body.

Oh and i think i might be the king of derailing threads, sorry guys!
Om Mani Padme Hum

aliendreamtime
#14 Posted : 9/15/2010 2:06:37 AM

DMT-Nexus member

"Oh and i think i might be the king of derailing threads, sorry guys!"

Indeed Wink

"Its all an illusion! You create your own reality, there are monks in the jungle right now living on nothing but air!"

Camdemonium, I used to think this way. However, you create your reality to an extent. This means that, say, you walk into a bar, you've had a lousy day, your girlfriend just dumped you right before your favorite grandma died, and all you want to do is take the emotional edge off with a couple of drinks. So you walk into the bar and catch eyes with the most beautiful girl you've ever seen. However, your in such a foul mood, you dont care, can't pretend to be happy, and it never goes any further than that.

Scenario # 2

You just won a 10,000 dollar scratch ticket, on the way out of the store you redeemed it at, you narrowly escape death by city bus after stepping off of the curb. You decide to go to the bar to celebrate. On your way, a group of young college girls starts yelling profanities and whistling at you. So you walk into the bar and catch eyes with the most beautiful girl you've ever seen. You feel like you're on top of the world right now, so you walk straight up to her and begin a conversation. 5 years later you are married with kids. 60 years later you are married and happy.

You create your reality to an extent. Not to the extent that you can move things with your eyes, chop off your finger with a hatchet and grow a new one, or grow anything new for that matter, or live on air(You CAN live on air, just not very long! I'm sure living on air would seem like a lifetime by the time you die of starvation!). You can influence your reality, you do not create it. Living on air is a load of crap that I will never believe, unless I take fifty days out of my life (depending on how fat you are, you wont live past 40 days without food, nvm water) to sit and watcdh a monk day and night without sleeping to make sure he doesnt eat. Even if he didn't attack me and steal my food at day 29 as he watched me chow on a double cheeseburger while I made certain he hadnt eaten anything yet, I might believe it. However, I would never invest that amount of time in doing that anyways.

I understand where you're coming from, don't get me wrong- Quantum Physics is heady stuff. However, it seems like you're trying to take it to a level that just doesn't exist.

Edit: To be fair I must mention...
A: This reasoning is mostly due to some troubles I had letting my sanity slip away with "you create your reality, what you belive is real"-not really
B: I would never have believed something like the DMT flash until I experienced it for myself
C: Stan Lee's "Superhumans" has some seriously unbelievable abilities in it, with the science to back it up. There is a science to EXPLAIN everything, try doing it backwards though! Its easy to come up with reasons why seemingly impossible things happen, rather than to create the impossible.

"We realized this when we blasted off for the first time, that we had been THERE, not HERE, but in hyperspace together for eternity. This world is a learning zone and hyperspace is where we return when we are finished learning in this body."

That I am more apt to believe, that is what I meant when I said it feels incredibly familiar. Kudos to camdemonium for explaining better than I could.

"Ever wonder what the world would look like if we had atomic perception?"

Electric Sight- I doubt we are moving, as a species, toward higher levels of endogenous DMT. This would make inhabiting this earth useless or at least very difficult, which flies in the face of evolution. It couldn't/wouldn't happen. I'm with camdemonium on this one. Ever wonder what the universe looked like before you were born? Before you had eyes to see it? ears to hear it? a mouth to taste it? etc.

I think this is what the smoked DMT experience brings us toward- how it feels to be... without being anything in particular. This i imagine, would be pure atomic sensory input. Not seeing or hearing atomic input, but percieving one's own being as atomic flux. This is what DMT feels like to me. This is when space becomes an iullusion.

Virola- Touche!

"Not by contemplating what the experience showed me, but by existing after the experience and letting it merge into my being. As one more layer of my existence. I think it's great."

This is something I've missed, but as you say it I believe I was experiencing the same thing. Thanks Enoon

Sidartha Knew

aliendreamtime
#15 Posted : 9/15/2010 2:59:49 AM

DMT-Nexus member

After re-reading this friend under the influence of a plant ally, I must mention one more thing that runs a thread through a lot of the things all of you are saying. Food for thought at least.

Even as you 'percieve yourself to be in your body,' i.e. this is my hand, leg etc, you are, in reality, 'percieving yourself in your body' in your mind.

For example...

...when you see the front side of your body (excluding your face/head) sitting in a room, that whole scene- your body inside the room- is actually in your mind. Your brain just reads external code, and makes it into you sitting in this room. Whether humans are unable to access certain incoming code while only focusing on others, I think, is where DMT comes in.

In this essemce, life is a trip on serotonin, dopamine, norepinephrine, catacholine, etc.

This is the simplest I could get it, if it doesn't make sense read it one more time, repeat as needed.

aliendreamtime
#16 Posted : 9/15/2010 3:10:51 AM

DMT-Nexus member

aliendreamtime wrote:
"Oh and i think i might be the king of derailing threads, sorry guys!"

Indeed Wink

"Its all an illusion! You create your own reality, there are monks in the jungle right now living on nothing but air!"

Camdemonium, I used to think this way. However, you create your reality to an extent. This means that, say, you walk into a bar, you've had a lousy day, your girlfriend just dumped you right before your favorite grandma died, and all you want to do is take the emotional edge off with a couple of drinks. So you walk into the bar and catch eyes with the most beautiful girl you've ever seen. However, your in such a foul mood, you dont care, can't pretend to be happy, and it never goes any further than that.

Scenario # 2

You just won a 10,000 dollar scratch ticket, on the way out of the store you redeemed it at, you narrowly escape death by city bus after stepping off of the curb. You decide to go to the bar to celebrate. On your way, a group of young college girls starts yelling profanities and whistling at you. So you walk into the bar and catch eyes with the most beautiful girl you've ever seen. You feel like you're on top of the world right now, so you walk straight up to her and begin a conversation. 5 years later you are married with kids. 60 years later you are married and happy.

You create your reality to an extent. Not to the extent that you can move things with your eyes, chop off your finger with a hatchet and grow a new one, or grow anything new for that matter, or live on air(You CAN live on air, just not very long! I'm sure living on air would seem like a lifetime by the time you die of starvation!). You can influence your reality, you do not create it. Living on air is a load of crap that I will never believe, unless I take fifty days out of my life (depending on how fat you are, you wont live past 40 days without food, nvm water) to sit and watcdh a monk day and night without sleeping to make sure he doesnt eat. Even if he didn't attack me and steal my food at day 29 as he watched me chow on a double cheeseburger while I made certain he hadnt eaten anything yet, I might believe it. However, I would never invest that amount of time in doing that anyways.

I understand where you're coming from, don't get me wrong- Quantum Physics is heady stuff. However, it seems like you're trying to take it to a level that just doesn't exist.

Edit: To be fair I must mention...
A: This reasoning is mostly due to some troubles I had letting my sanity slip away with "you create your reality, what you belive is real"-not really
B: I would never have believed something like the DMT flash until I experienced it for myself
C: Stan Lee's "Superhumans" has some seriously unbelievable abilities in it, with the science to back it up. There is a science to EXPLAIN everything, try doing it backwards though! Its easy to come up with reasons why seemingly impossible things happen, rather than to create/manifest the impossible. For some reason we as a culture think science means we know what won't happen, when really science only tells us what most probably will happen.

"We realized this when we blasted off for the first time, that we had been THERE, not HERE, but in hyperspace together for eternity. This world is a learning zone and hyperspace is where we return when we are finished learning in this body."

That I am more apt to believe, that is what I meant when I said it feels incredibly familiar. Kudos to camdemonium for explaining better than I could.

"Ever wonder what the world would look like if we had atomic perception?"

Electric Sight- I doubt we are moving, as a species, toward higher levels of endogenous DMT. This would make inhabiting this earth useless or at least very difficult, which flies in the face of evolution. It couldn't/wouldn't happen. I'm with camdemonium on this one. Ever wonder what the universe looked like before you were born? Before you had eyes to see it? ears to hear it? a mouth to taste it? etc.

I think this is what the smoked DMT experience brings us toward- how it feels to be... without being anything in particular. This i imagine, would be pure atomic sensory input. Not seeing or hearing atomic input, but percieving one's own being and everything outside of it as atomic flux. This is what DMT feels like to me. This is when space becomes an iullusion.

Virola- Touche!

"Not by contemplating what the experience showed me, but by existing after the experience and letting it merge into my being. As one more layer of my existence. I think it's great."

This is something I've missed, but as you say it I believe I was experiencing the same thing. Thanks Enoon

Sidartha Knew

Scunch
#17 Posted : 9/15/2010 3:35:57 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I just gotta chime in and say that stan lee's superhumans is full of bull. Not that there aren't people on there that have amazing abilities, because there are, but they showcase people doing inane stuff as if it's abnormal. The human beatboxer, for instance, was a good beatboxer, but he wasn't anything like they made him out to be. There were no violins. There was no woodwind or brass. It was just a guy beatboxing. And the science they use is incredibly misrepresented. With the beatboxer they analyzed the sounds he was making, and were identifying different levels (I don't know what they were measuring exactly) as different instruments. While the sounds he was making may have had the same pitch or something as a violin, they sounded nothing like a violin, but they claimed it was a violin. Another example: The guy who drew his guns really fast was talented, sure, but not superhumanly so. They tried to make it seem that way by saying that he was moving faster than brain synapses can fire, but that completely ignores muscle memory. Almost all the people they showcase are just people who've had a lot of practice or physical conditioning, and most of their abilities could be achieved by almost any human with a little dedication and training. Ex: They had a guy who had an abnormally thick head. They claimed he was superhuman. He smashed it on some stuff, it was pretty thick. He had been hitting his head against crap since he was 16 years old. The body is an adaptive thing. When you injure something the body heals it thicker and more resistant than it was. You repeatedly injure the same thing over and over again in a controlled manner and it will get thicker and tougher. It's not some magical talent, it's biology.

TL;DR: The people on stan lee's superhumans are neat and all, but the majority of them just had a lot of practice. Some were exceptional (the monkey climber, for instance) but the show makes a living off of misrepresenting talent or physical conditioning as superpowers.

Electric.Sight
#18 Posted : 9/15/2010 3:00:33 PM
DMT-Nexus member

camdemonium wrote:
Hyperspace is home, me and my twin flame found that out through the spice Smile Smile Smile. We realized this when we blasted off for the first time, that we had been THERE, not HERE, but in hyperspace together for eternity. This world is a learning zone and hyperspace is where we return when we are finished learning in this body.

I used to think this, but now I believe DMT destroy's the ego enough to get us in touch with the energy within that is the same for everyone, the spirit we all share.
I think we all share the same spirit instead of individual spirits.
When we die, everything that is "I" seizes to exist entirely.
We live on through our atoms which are recycled, and our energy spirit which is always flowing through everything all the time.
Nothing lasts...but nothing is lostWink
All the information we have processed our entire life is stored in the collective consciousness for some unknown purpose.

I find many similarities with the human brain and a computer.
Just like a computer is plugged into the wall, we are plugged into the universe.
If you unplug the computer, it no longer can "survive" however the energy that was powering it still exists, powering many other computers at the same time.
This is how I envision death to be like, our brains get unplugged and we are gone, but our shared energy will still be shared.

aliendreamtime wrote:
Your brain just reads external code, and makes it into you sitting in this room. Whether humans are unable to access certain incoming code while only focusing on others, I think, is where DMT comes in.

In this essemce, life is a trip on serotonin, dopamine, norepinephrine, catacholine, etc.

This is what I was attempting to explain in an earlier post.
I believe by introducing new chemicals to our brain like DMT, we may be finding new neurotransmitters in nature.
If a chemical is more suitable for it's purpose, the brain will swap the neurotransmitters over generations,
and perceptual changes will follow.

DMT feels like truth, this could be because it's revealing a previously invisible reality that's been right before our eyes the entire time!

scunch wrote:
You repeatedly injure the same thing over and over again in a controlled manner and it will get thicker and tougher. It's not some magical talent, it's biology.

Exactly, by controlled physical sacrifice and alterations to our nervous system, we are adapting to new environments.
That is essentially what evolution is all about!

aliendreamtime
#19 Posted : 9/16/2010 2:00:48 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I agree with you Scunch, I think Superhuman is a bad show. But I think you have the point of the show confused. They are superHUMANs, not SUPERHEROES with SUPERPOWERS. Really most of the people on there, I agree, are just physically conditioned to do something etraordinary, which perhaps with enough dedication and training, I agree fully with that too. However It still makes them "superhuman," or beyond what your average human being can do. And to be honest, you picked all of the examples that made your point and ignored some others. The ones I was thinking of was the Indian man who had exteremely high resistence to electricity because he aparantly tried to commit suicide by electrecuting himself on a high tension wire. This is closer to how fictional "superheroes" got there power-in one freak accident or incident. This guy simply couldn't die from being electrecuted when other average human beings wouldn't stand a chance. Also, I'm not sure if you saw these ones, but there was a guy who could roll fairly good-size alumin pans into a cylinder. I tried it, and i'm no weakling, but it wasn't happening. I think the science behind this guys super strength was that because of his physiology he was able to activeate his muscle cells in unison creating more instantaneous force than your average person. I doubt this is something that can be conditioned for anyway. But I agree, that show is kind of a ripoff. I wouldn't be surprised if it didn't last long. I'd say 1 of every 10 people on there actually fit the bill and are worth watching, 1 per episode at best. Anyways there are natural abilities that people are born with that are extroadinary. Nevertheless, breathing in air as food is far from not dying when electrecuted or bending pans. You win.