We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Fear and ignorance Options

mew
#1 Posted : 8/11/2008 3:50:36 PM

huachumancer

i have come to a juncture in my psychadelic development,
how do i know im ready to experience DMT smoked Hyperspace, is it any different from Ayahuasca hyperspace? or High dose of psilocyban hyperspace,

id like to do it, but im scared outta my mind, and i have no smokable dmt, so at the moment im not really progressing

any encouragements, thoughts, or recommendations.

i also have scared the living **** outta me with psychedelics recently, how do you overcome that fear?

each time your ego dissolves do you accept it easier?
i really wish i had a shaman guide i could learn from, instead of marking my own path, but thats why im here!

feedback if you will!

psst. send me some spice from dune!

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Cuitcell
#2 Posted : 8/11/2008 4:25:31 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey, i might not know much about trips, cause iv never have any, but "http://www.thegooddrugsguide.com/info/bad_trips.htm"

Might help, maybe just try to think on something nice, lay down, try to focus in your mind, be strong, if there is signs of a bad trip, try and relax, or do anything on the link ^^ remember being in a good environment, and to have your mind cleared, while tripping, thats all i know. Goodluck on dmt!

mew
#3 Posted : 8/11/2008 5:03:19 PM

huachumancer

i trip about 2-6 times a month, thanks for the general advise and the link, i had actually been to that site about 4 years ago when i first heard of psychedelics. it is not particularly helpful to what i had inquired,

you should really try a psychedelic

mescaline is particularly unintense at medium/low dosages, give it a go

back to the basis of this thread

will i ever be able to be ready for Smoked Dmt or is it like Ayahuasca and there is no amount of getting ready that can prepare you for what you are about to experience?

obliguhl
#4 Posted : 8/11/2008 5:08:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

My experience concering "bad" experiences is: Don't stop there..analyze it and then go back to verify your answer or to be proven wrong.

I have very limited experience, but once I had this loop in my head ..a thought that was looping. I know, it's pretty common but it scared me because I heard this thought in my head and couldn't stop it for the first time...but if I were think about it more, I'd come to the conclusion, that this also happens in waking consciousness..while experiencing intense fear and panic for instance.

tryptographer
#5 Posted : 8/13/2008 4:50:30 PM

tryptamine photographer

I agree: don't let fear stop you. Nothing wrong with some healthy fear if you're face to face with immense powers, nothing to be ashamed of either; just don't let it rule!
My own limited experience from the last few weeks tells me that the rewards for going back despite the fear are beyond the wildest dreams! Maybe it's some kind of test... if you dare to come back despite a heavy experience you prove your commitment and 'They' appreciate that. A few fearful experiences increase respect and make you realize you can never EVER underestimate the spice. Just treat it with the utmost respect and allow yourself to integrate all of it and be grounded well before traveling again. Happy trailers!

obliguhl
#6 Posted : 8/13/2008 6:36:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I think it has also to do with trust. If you're in a relationship, you know that your partner can tear your heart apart at any point, but you still accept it because you trust and lover your partner. It's the same with substances. You have to trust that every feeling, is beneficial in some way and that you can only profit.

I also like to remind myself that "everything is alright, it's just intense"

I don't know how good that works in deep dmt realms, but it's still a good mindset I think.

acolon_5
#7 Posted : 8/13/2008 7:32:51 PM

The Great Namah

If you can handle a solid aya adventure you are more than ready for a smoked DMT trip.

There is always some fear when confronted with death (even ego death) but it does become easier. A high dose of shrooms is "kinda" close to a breakthough on DMT, sort of...

Because vaporized DMT only lasts 4-7 minutes there really isn't much time for a "bad trip"....you can have a very intense experience, but it is over too quickly for it to turn really bad. Respect it and it will treat you right.
The Spice extends life
The Spice expands consciousness
The Spice is vital for space travel
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
Never underestimate the power of STUFF!

I am certifiably insane, as such all posts written by me should be regarded as utter nonsense or attempts to get attention.

I don't know SWIM and personally don't trust him at all. If SWIM is posting, most likely I will not respond...as I said, I don't trust the guy. YOU I trust, but never SWIM.

Dwhitty76
#8 Posted : 8/19/2008 4:08:22 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Swim posted his first dmt journey in this forum back in may.Swim has much experience w/ other psychedelics going back 15yrs but never had the opportunity to try dmt untill swim figured out that he could extract it from a root.In your post you said something that reminded me of swims first sentence that he wrote explaining his first dmt experience and it was "there is absolutely nothing i could have done to prepare myself for something like this",and of course that was after the word WOW!! was written.Although swim has no experience with ayahuasca either and dmt has only made him want to experience thst with a shaman.Since may, swim has smoked dmt around 10 times and still has apprehension before every blast.His first trip BLEW HIS MIND but swim has to go foward and face the fear and it gets a little easier each time and it's only the anticipation of the experience,when he's in dmt world,he has learned to smile and let go,although strange things do happen,whenever he comes back there is always an overwhelming sense of well being,love and grattitude for the experience.For some reason swim is extremely sensative to the molecule.He can smoke half as much as other folk and have a much more intense experience and it last a lot more than 4-7 minutes for swim.Mabey the absolute peak is 5-10 minutes, he is usually there for sometimes up to a half an hr (mabey swim is just lucky).Coming down off it almost feels a little mdma'ish just that strong sense of well being.My guess is that if you have experience w/ aya like acolon_5 said,you can handle the molecule via smoked dmt and fear is normal.Swims first lesson was to face that fear and 10 times later it's definately getting easier.There is no going back for swimVery happy
" Freedom from the desire for an answer is essential to the understanding of a problem." - jiddu Krishnamurti

mew
#9 Posted : 8/19/2008 2:31:14 PM

huachumancer

ok wheres the spice im ready now, and when im not in the future ill refer to this thread, please continuing posting your positive truths, much obliged for the answers.

its time to retrieve some jungle spice!

i didnt handle ayahuasca well, i just handled it better than the ego death experiences before it (mushroom aborts). this time the shards and fragments that identify themselves as me, were pulled away it was easier to let go until i got down to my love, and my innate desire to stay alive (this was easier to squelch than fearing a seperation from a particular female, i ruled it invalid, not like it mattered i was going no matter what. but before this momma aya washed my soul in the shower and got me ready for the experience. i had decided the shower was where i wanted to go, usually is, after several of my toes crawled away...

if its only intense for a little then i guess the option to leave and the desire to stay are magnified, when you feel youre coming out of it you want back in because its so short?

ok sorry for the early morning rambles ive been killing time with cheerios before work, later yall imma go make sure no one drowns,
senior psychonaut on duty! "NO DIVING IN THE SHALLOW END"

P.S. if anyone would like to comment on

http://www.dmt-nexus.me/....aspx?g=posts&t=1993

it would be greatly appreciated!

thanks for your time~!

Dwhitty76
#10 Posted : 8/19/2008 8:35:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I love this place Smile
" Freedom from the desire for an answer is essential to the understanding of a problem." - jiddu Krishnamurti

Fable
#11 Posted : 8/20/2008 11:02:54 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I believe that "the fear" and a "bad trip" are definitely a product of the conscious mind, I guess its the ego. The DMT experience is suuch a strange and wonderful thing that naturally the first thought is "oh crap" but if you can truly trust youreslf and the experience withought trying to mould it you should be fine. I really think that if you surrender your fear then there is not much that can go wrong.
This of course is the hard bit. I struggled for years after some physically traumatic mushroom experiences (totally my fault) and finally came to the realisation that if you try to fight it there will be a problem. Just let go.
Its easy for me to type that but being able to "just let go" and trust that everything will be OK took an awefully long time to be able to do.
And finally what I realised a few years ago is - Its not a race, so pace yourself Very happy
I am a leaf on the the wind, watch how I soar!