We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Accidentally added MHRB before NaOH (Will problems Occur) Options

vibrancy3
#1 Posted : 9/14/2010 2:00:27 PM

Josh

Hey Nexus,

My m8 just done another STB, but being a bit clumsy sometimes he accidentally added the MHRB before the NaOH, its only after what he done just realised it usually NaOH before MHRB, so do you think problems will occur considering as u usally add lye+water+shake 1st then bark ?

Any answers would be appriciated Very happy

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

corridors of my cells
#2 Posted : 9/14/2010 2:44:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi ... it is mostly suggested that you add your MHRB in some water(lets say 600ml) in a container(jar A), then mix your lye and a little bit of water(lets say 100ml) in another container(jar B)

first stir or shake gently the container containing lye+water to make it dissolve good because it may stick at the bottom sometimes, and becareful while doing this step because it will produce a lot of heat. and remember to wear ur goggles and mask during the whole extraction process.

then you should add this lye+water solution(jar A) into your MHRB+water containing jar(jar B).

I didnt understand the exact process you have done but this is the most accurate way for doing it, without risk of splashing lye+water out when adding MHRB on it. Razz

Gud luck

vibrancy3
#3 Posted : 9/14/2010 3:11:35 PM

Josh

Well my m8 put the MHRB in 1st then the lye! my friend usually does it other way round, but if thats the way u have heard about before, should b ok Very happy

mumbles
#4 Posted : 9/14/2010 3:59:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Haha ok think about what is happening here, you are making a solution of NaOH(aq) (water + lye + shake -> stirring would be much smarter and wear gloves + goggles!!! always add the base to the water not the other way round) and bark right? Bark and water isn't going to cause any dodgy reactions and even the dmt tannates that leech out will be freebased as soon as you add the NaOH. Swim hates people talking about jars, you don't want that shit quality glass expanding under heat and exploding delicious NaOH in your face.