We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Extraction purity Options

Magicman
#1 Posted : 9/2/2010 10:48:38 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hello everyone,

This is my first post ,so im not too sure as too whatimdoing so please excuse me if i,ve got the wrong idea here ,

If someone in my position had access to plants containing DMT ,among other alkaloids, and wanted to extract dmt , is their chance that their extraction would bringout all the other alkaloids? this question excludes "mytsery spice" as im sure that would be extractedin many cases .The reason the question is asked is that all the info on the site is relationg to Hostilis extraction ,and this person will be extracting from acacia's . . .which is why id like to know if the final product will include other things in the bark . I would like pure N,N DMT , and like to stay away from 5meo ,and bufotenin.

SO: my question is , does the standard extraction method extract purely N,N DMT

Thank youSmile

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

gammagore
#2 Posted : 9/2/2010 10:52:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Do acacias have 5meo and bufo?

What type of acacia is being used?

dg
#3 Posted : 9/3/2010 3:25:54 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Cacti expert

Magicman wrote:
Hello everyone,

This is my first post ,so im not too sure as too whatimdoing so please excuse me if i,ve got the wrong idea here ,

If someone in my position had access to plants containing DMT ,among other alkaloids, and wanted to extract dmt , is their chance that their extraction would bringout all the other alkaloids? this question excludes "mytsery spice" as im sure that would be extractedin many cases .The reason the question is asked is that all the info on the site is relationg to Hostilis extraction ,and this person will be extracting from acacia's . . .which is why id like to know if the final product will include other things in the bark . I would like pure N,N DMT , and like to stay away from 5meo ,and bufotenin.

SO: my question is , does the standard extraction method extract purely N,N DMT

Thank youSmile

yes, mimosa h. is so widely used because it doesn't contain other extractable alkaloids in any concentration, if at all

as far as i know 5meo and bufo could easly come along with the nn

BananaForeskin
#4 Posted : 9/3/2010 4:39:52 AM

I Eat Plant Magic

This is what 69ron once said about separating NN-DMT from 5-Meo-DMT:

Quote:
Most techs will extract both DMT and 5-MeO-DMT.

5-MeO-DMT has an XLogP3 of 1.5 and is more polar that DMT with an XLogP3 of 2.5, so a super non-polar solvent like heptane will extract less 5-MeO-DMT and more DMT.

Also the pKa of 5-MeO-DMT is 9.3. The pKa of DMT is 8.6. That means 5-MeO-DMT is freebased at a higher pH. This allows you to better separate them.

If you do an A/B and use heptane as the non-polar solvent, and freebase at pH 7.6, and extract 10 times with heptane, you'll get most of the DMT and nearly no 5-MeO-DMT. Then you adjust the pH to 10 or so and then extract the 5-MeO-DMT with d-limonene or xylene or DCM.

That will separate them very well, but not their N-Oxides. But heptane will not dissolve any N-Oxides, so the heptane will be virtually free of 5-MeO-DMT and 5-MeO-DMT N-oxide if you do the above and freebase the DMT at 7.6.

At pH 7.6 only 10% of the DMT is freebased at any given time. But once you extract it into the heptane, that changes everything and more than 10% gets freebased. If you extract 10 times, you get pretty much all the DMT.

Note that pH adjustments might be needed depending on what else is present in the mix. The pKa is for isolated alkaloids, not a mix of compounds, so it needs to be used as a general guide only, meaning you might need to use a higher pH than 7.6 in some cases.

Not so many species of acacia have bufotenine as have 5-Meo, so chances are if you live in an acacia-rich area there will be bufotenine-free acacia extraction options. If this isn't so, then you could always create an account on exoticearthexchange.com and trade your NN-,5-Meo-, and bufotenine-containing bark for some MHRB. I'm sure someone out there would be interested!
¤ø¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø¸„ø¤º¨

.^.^.^.^.^.^(0)=õ

Magicman
#5 Posted : 9/3/2010 12:15:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Ok thatnks alot guys , thats very helpful but i tried to identify the acacia today and it seems to be acacia berlandieri. Whilst it doesnt contain Bufo ,or 5 meo, it seems to have many other seemingly undersirable alkaloids, but when i was identifieng it i stumbled upon a straight-leafed variety ,so i will have to do some research into that.

Does anyone know if Hostilis grows in south africa ? alot of the plants in the same subfamily as it do ( eg, acacias)
And what are some defining features to look out for ?

Thanx guys

gammagore
#6 Posted : 9/3/2010 11:21:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I used to live in Richards Bay/Empangeni, then moved down to Durban area, man we had soooo many types of acacia there, ive always wondered how many of them had the molecule.

I cant help with any ID of acacia in SA, maybe phlux would know? Although ive never heard of Mimosa Hostilis growing in SA.

Anyway, welcome to the forum, lekka lekkaSmile

Magicman
#7 Posted : 9/4/2010 9:36:26 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Ok cool man ,awesome seeing a fellow south African in here ,or at least ex south African.

Who exactly is phlux, and how would i go about asking him?
And also , im a bit confused about how i move up to being a real member ? i dont have to do any ine hting in particular ,do i?

gammagore
#8 Posted : 9/4/2010 6:16:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Magicman wrote:
Ok cool man ,awesome seeing a fellow south African in here ,or at least ex south African.

Who exactly is phlux, and how would i go about asking him?
And also , im a bit confused about how i move up to being a real member ? i dont have to do any ine hting in particular ,do i?

Phlux is a member/chem expert, check around the cacti and dmt allies threads. PHLUX, GET YOUR ASS OVER HERESmile

Promotion, nothing in particular needed, just do your research and ask questions if they havent been answered. Help out where you can by answering some questions if you can(you can even link the reply to the main forum while in the nursery).

dg
#9 Posted : 9/8/2010 3:38:17 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Cacti expert

Magicman wrote:

Does anyone know if Hostilis grows in south africa ? alot of the plants in the same subfamily as it do ( eg, acacias)
And what are some defining features to look out for ?

Thanx guys

i'd be suprised if south american hostilis is to be found in S africa, but
i'd be even more suprised if there are not other suitable carriers that have not been properly studied At All

Magicman
#10 Posted : 9/8/2010 9:18:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

We do have alot of non indigenous trees though, especially acacias ,so i thought there was a chance of hostilis .
I just need to figure out what grows here,and only has DMT in it , then i can hunt for it

gammagore
#11 Posted : 9/8/2010 9:23:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Phlux-
#12 Posted : 9/10/2010 11:19:20 AM

The Root

Chemical expertSenior Member

do a heptane re-x at the end to get ur pure spice out.
antrocles wrote:
...purity of intent....purity of execution....purity of experience...

...unlike the "blind leading the blind". we are more akin to a group of blind-from-birth people who have all simultaneously been given the gift of sight but have no words or mental processing capabilites to work with this new "gift".

IT IS ONLY TO THE EXTENT THAT WE ARE WILLING TO EXPOSE OURSELVES OVER AND OVER AGAIN TO ANNIHILATION THAT WE DISCOVER THAT PART OF OURSELVES THAT IS INDESTRUCTIBLE.

Quote:
‹Jorkest› the wall is impenetrable as far as i can tell

Quote:
‹xtechre› cheese is great

He who packs ur capsules - controls your destiny.

Magicman
#13 Posted : 9/10/2010 7:43:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Heptane works exclusively with N,N DMT ? And how readily available is that?

SnozzleBerry
#14 Posted : 9/10/2010 7:50:35 PM

omnia sunt communia!

Moderator | Skills: Growing (plants/mushrooms), Research, Extraction troubleshooting, Harmalas, Revolution (theory/practice)

Magicman wrote:
Heptane works exclusively with N,N DMT ? And how readily available is that?

Heptane is easily acquired from art stores. It is known as Bestine and used for thinning ruber cement, but is also used within the art community for cleaning inks, adhesives, and tools.
WikiAttitudeFAQ
The NexianNexus ResearchThe OHT
In New York, we wrote the legal number on our arms in marker...To call a lawyer if we were arrested.
In Istanbul, People wrote their blood types on their arms. I hear in Egypt, They just write Their names.
גם זה יעבור

Magicman
#15 Posted : 9/10/2010 8:05:41 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Ok thanks , i need to get properly clued up on extraction before i ask more questions.

Infundibulum
#16 Posted : 9/10/2010 8:20:56 PM

Kalt und Heiß, Schwarz und Rot, Kürper und Geist, Liebe und Chaos

ModeratorChemical expert

Magicman wrote:
Ok thanks , i need to get properly clued up on extraction before i ask more questions.

Also note that even if your material contained bufo and 5-meo these wouldn't co-extract.
Bufo is not soluble in solvents like naphtha, hexane, heptane (and other aliphatics) , xylene, toluene (and other aromatics) as well as limonene.

5-meo is also a tricky one. 69ron is the only person who claims to have extracted pure 5-meo. He claims to have extracted it from chaliponga using DCM and says that DCM is the only thing that works. But on the other hand I don't know trustworthy 69ron is. I have not read of anyone else extracting pure 5meo anywhere on the internet.

Need to calculate between salts and freebases? Click here!
Need to calculate freebase or salt percentage at a given pH? Click here!

Magicman
#17 Posted : 9/10/2010 8:33:50 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hmmm, and what are your views on the saftey and affect of bufo and 5-meo in realaion to N,N DMT ?

And is info this in-depth in the wiki, or any of the teks?

Infundibulum
#18 Posted : 9/10/2010 9:31:18 PM

Kalt und Heiß, Schwarz und Rot, Kürper und Geist, Liebe und Chaos

ModeratorChemical expert

Magicman wrote:
Hmmm, and what are your views on the saftey and affect of bufo and 5-meo in realaion to N,N DMT ?

And is info this in-depth in the wiki, or any of the teks?

Well, you can search the forums for tons of information especially for the effect thing. As for safety, they are as safe as dmt more-or-less. Bufotenine may be a bit harder on the body causing some nausea but nothing really dramatic.

Also, info on wiki is really in-depth, it is worth looking through it!

Need to calculate between salts and freebases? Click here!
Need to calculate freebase or salt percentage at a given pH? Click here!