We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Dried San Pedro Options

fat_tony638
#1 Posted : 9/8/2010 11:01:24 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Hi everyone,

don't know if that's the right place to post this, but seems like I can't post anywhere else. Anyways, I recently got a 100g of dried san pedro from a local headshop. The guy said to boil about 25g of the san pedro chips for at least 8 hours and then drink the resulting liquid, but after doing some research I found that most would suggest turning the chips into powder and then encapsulating it for ingestion without any other preparation (that's what I understood anyway). What method do you think would work best if both are actually legit?

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

gammagore
#2 Posted : 9/8/2010 11:06:23 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I have very little experience with cactus, but ive had great success with this tek https://dmt-nexus.me/for....aspx?g=posts&t=4002

ouro
#3 Posted : 9/9/2010 5:26:03 AM

DMT-Nexus member

For a *hypothetical* cactus initiation experience I would recommend tea. It is simple, easy to prepare, and forces one to sit there stirring and think about what exactly they are doing before taking the plunge. I suspect the more nasty juice sessions one has the harder it is to put down so for the first few tries it should be ok. The pet snake has never made tea from dried out mystery headshop chips, but assuming they are quality, 25 grams is sound. Maybe prepare all of it and then drink 1/4 to allow for boost doses or simply to know how potent the remaining juice is for future adventures. Perhaps try:

gently boil chips in 1/4-1/2 litre water for 1h. use common sense for the amount of water/chips. remove water to container.

boil chips again for 2 hours. remove water.

repeat until you are satisfied that the chips are depleted. (try tasting one?)

put all the removed water in the fridge overnight and decant juice off any sediment that drops out before reducing to a drinkable amount. It would be fine to do some or all the reduction before fridge settling.

There are many many variations on this idea that are all legit (acidifying, reducing to resin, keeping the temp super low, etc), but I believe when learning anything a little experimentation, observation, and starting simple go much much farther than reading. It took the pet snake quite a few false starts (mostly bad plant material) before getting the swing of things, but now he moves with confidence. btw, I've heard aluminum is all bad for boiling any type of alkaloid so maybe stick with stainless/ceramic. Once one has some success they can experiment with control and confidence.

EDITed in *hypothetical*.

dg
#4 Posted : 9/10/2010 12:45:30 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Cacti expert

ouro wrote:
For a *hypothetical* cactus initiation experience I would recommend tea. It is simple, easy to prepare, and forces one to sit there stirring and think about what exactly they are doing before taking the plunge. I suspect the more nasty juice sessions one has the harder it is to put down so for the first few tries it should be ok. The pet snake has never made tea from dried out mystery headshop chips, but assuming they are quality, 25 grams is sound. Maybe prepare all of it and then drink 1/4 to allow for boost doses or simply to know how potent the remaining juice is for future adventures. Perhaps try:

gently boil chips in 1/4-1/2 litre water for 1h. use common sense for the amount of water/chips. remove water to container.

put all the removed water in the fridge overnight and decant juice off any sediment that drops out before reducing to a drinkable amount. It would be fine to do some or all the reduction before fridge settling.

There are many many variations on this idea that are all legit (acidifying, reducing to resin, keeping the temp super low, etc), but I believe when learning anything a little experimentation, observation, and starting simple go much much farther than reading. It took the pet snake quite a few false starts (mostly bad plant material) before getting the swing of things, but now he moves with confidence. btw, I've heard aluminum is all bad for boiling any type of alkaloid so maybe stick with stainless/ceramic. Once one has some success they can experiment with control and confidence.

very nice, intellegent reply!
kuddos

OP, they look fine, but remove any woody core chunks Smile

soulfood
#5 Posted : 9/10/2010 12:53:26 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: DMT, Harmaloids, Bufotenine, Mescaline, Trip advice

Indeed!

Only I'd go down to the resin Smile

I guess the good thing with a tea is that it's a much stronger gauge for how potent your cacti is before you swallow the whole lot. But then again that kind of sensitivity only comes with experience.

fat_tony638
#6 Posted : 9/10/2010 1:15:47 AM
DMT-Nexus member

ouro wrote:

Perfect, I'll try that when I get some time off and I'll tell you guys how it went.
Thanks!