We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Psilocybin used to help cancer patients! Options

BananaForeskin
#1 Posted : 9/7/2010 10:16:34 PM

I Eat Plant Magic

http://www.latimes.com/h...20100907,0,7276810.story

Good news! Psilocybin was used in a study to help cancer patients with anxiety and depression... It was just a pilot study, but it is SOMETHING. It gave the patients an uplift in mood for about two weeks after each dose, and decreased the need for other meds. My favorite part was that there were no bad reactions...

The thing about studies like this is that it will, hopefully, eventually lead to psilocybin ceasing to be a Schedule I drug. It's effectively been proven (even if more research needs to be done) that it DOES have a medical use...

Now I know ganja is still Schedule I even though it obviously has medical use, but that's changing. The federal government only officially recognized pot's medical use a few months(?) ago when it approved the use of medical mj in VFW hospitals; hopefully it'll be off the list soon. So... maybe in five years, a decade, CA will have mushroom dispensaries...
¤ø¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø¸„ø¤º¨

.^.^.^.^.^.^(0)=õ

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Infundibulum
#2 Posted : 9/7/2010 10:35:29 PM

Kalt und Heiß, Schwarz und Rot, Kürper und Geist, Liebe und Chaos

ModeratorChemical expert

Would be great to see the original, full study report which has not been released yet, and won't be for at least a year. This is still a pilot study and unfortunately the reports are coming from mainstream newsagents. Whether mainstream news rub me the right or the wrong way I am still a bit cautious and will have to hold on to the issue.

Need to calculate between salts and freebases? Click here!
Need to calculate freebase or salt percentage at a given pH? Click here!

fourthripley
#3 Posted : 9/7/2010 11:27:20 PM
DMT-Nexus member

This was in 'The Sun', of all places, today.
mistakes were made

BananaForeskin
#4 Posted : 9/8/2010 10:44:24 AM

I Eat Plant Magic

Infundibulum wrote:
Would be great to see the original, full study report which has not been released yet, and won't be for at least a year. This is still a pilot study and unfortunately the reports are coming from mainstream newsagents. Whether mainstream news rub me the right or the wrong way I am still a bit cautious and will have to hold on to the issue.

Yeah, your skepticism is well-founded, but at least the mainstream media is being used for the forces of good! Ra ha ha!

I originally saw this in the Seattle Times, so it must have really made it around! Good publicity for entheogens.
¤ø¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø¸„ø¤º¨

.^.^.^.^.^.^(0)=õ