We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Herbs or compounds that allow you to remember DMT trip better. Options

timerider
#1 Posted : 8/14/2008 11:48:33 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi, I haven't taken my first DMT journey yet, (have crystals ready to go still waiting for scale to arrive). I was just curious, since I am the type of person that has zero dream recall and can only remember bits and pieces about once or twice a month, is there a herb or compound out there that would help one better remember their DMT experience. I have read some interesting stuff about "Calea zacatechichi", and "Mugwort", as far as experiencing more vivid dreams and having better recall of the dream. I was wondering if perhaps these substances or others could be used before a DMT trip in order to allow maximum recall of the experience. My understanding from lot's of reading about this is that dreams are the same as a DMT trip as both are a result of DMT being released in the brain, therefore if I could find something to better remember dreams it would also work in remembering the DMT experience. I have read to many DMT trip reports where people stated how the experience just slipped away after coming out of the trance. After all the time and money invested in extracting the DMT it would be nice to find something that allows you to get the maximum from each experience by allowing you more recall in the non-trance state. Does anybody out there have any ideas on what compounds might work.

Thanks for your time... Smile

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

obliguhl
#2 Posted : 8/15/2008 10:25:59 AM

DMT-Nexus member

That's a VERY interesting topic. I can't answer your question though. But I wouldn't worrie much. At least to me, DMT has been totally different from dreams. Sure, it fades amazingly quickly from your consciousness BUT if leaves you in awe and if you try to focus on your visuals, you can bring theem back to reality ..at least in low does journeys.

Garulfo
#3 Posted : 8/15/2008 11:37:17 AM

DMT-Nexus member

It's not that the memory 'slipped' away like for dreams, it's more that there are bunch of visions and mind events happening during that 5 mn of hyperspace and therefore it's hard to remember 'everything'. Imagine a one hour movie playing at high speed during 5 mns... hard to remember all the scenes Pleased But you can still remember the main plot and main characters.

polytrip
#4 Posted : 8/15/2008 3:20:10 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Location: A speck of dust in endless space, like everyone else.
you can also, before you take of, decide to focus on something specific. for instance something you're thinking about currently. anything you'l see, related to this, you will remember. This only works, ofcourse, when you stay focussed during the trip, wich requires some discipline.

obliguhl
#5 Posted : 8/15/2008 3:45:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Yes, concentration is key. The first time I wanted to remind every bit of it, and so did I. The second time I was more relaxed and concentrated more on the experience...and forgot lots of details.

modsquad09
#6 Posted : 8/15/2008 4:06:06 PM

mods

LSD
Everything above me is really a lie... think for yourself & question authority!

kaos.underwave
#7 Posted : 8/15/2008 4:19:24 PM

DMT-Nexus member

this is something I believe needs a lot more reseach;
we need techniques and complimentary agents with precise doses, that can be replicated.
I'm sure something different will work for everyone, but I want to ultimately establish parameters everyone can use to make the most out of their experience. It is only us who are in the position to discover these secrets, and disseminate them [legit scientists are bound by too many regulations and funding issues, as well as other factors: censorship and reputation, etc].
Starting with the [new agey] herbal stuff seems as good a place to start as any. I would also suggest general short and mid-long term memory recall games/training. As well as practicing when waking from dream states.
I want to really eat into these unknowns. Lets get to work! Post your findings!
Onwards and upwards

timerider
#8 Posted : 8/15/2008 10:24:22 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I have also read other interesting info, (on this board I believe, maybe not), where this guys girlfreind, who is a regular spice user was started on anti-depressents. After less than two weeks of being on the SSRI they decided to go for a journey and a full dose of 40-50mg had zero effect on his girlfriend. I don't want to sound like a conspiracy nut but I believe the dreaming state and the DMT state are the same, one experienced with the subconscious mind and one experienced with the conscience mind. I believe there is an important reason we all need to dream, (connection with the spiritual realm, recharging of the soul etc). Is it mere coincidence that anti-depressants cut us off from the spiritual realm or that floride in our water breaks down the pineal gland and causes calcification of that gland. It is apparent from research that the pineal is much less active today than it was long ago. Is there an all out war being waged on our spiritual freedom, is this the answer to why society seems to be getting more crazy and pissed off and depressed. I think half the answer to my original question are compounds to enhance the experience and the other half of the answer is what compounds to stay away from, compounds that interfere or negate our spiritual connection. I have also read a lot of threads asking why DMT is illegal, why does the government say there is no use for it when it has been proven to, (in some cases), cure depression, cure migrane headaches, cure addictions, help people overcome the fear of death etc, and yet they hand out anti-depressants like candy. Sorry for rambling on, just been thinking a lot lately and looking forward to my first reconnection with all that is. Very happy

Viracocha
#9 Posted : 8/16/2008 1:26:39 AM

..still lc..

no shit modsquad09? have to pay more attention next time!

I'd be working on my dream recall. All you need to do is keep a diary next to your bed and every morning go straight to it and write about your dream in as much detail as possible. Even if you can't remember much, even just a colour, write about what that colour made you feel or anything you can. Stick with it, every morning, and write as much as you can about each dream. Within a week or two I went from writing a paragraph at best to easily up to two pages per dream, with sometimes three or four dreams to write about.

Take it to this level and I suspect you're dmt memory will also be enhanced

This also leads to lucid dreaming.
The more you write in your diary, the more you remember, and you become more and more familiar with your dreams. Pretty soon you'll begin to recognise when you're in a dream and that trigger's your dream consciousness. I could never keep it going for too long though, i'd always get too darn excited and wake up!