We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Where to buy a mask? Options

neverwas
#1 Posted : 9/2/2010 11:16:43 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I need to buy a mask to protect my brain from getting damaged. I know you guys know where to pick one up. I'm kind of working on a smaller budget so the best for the price is all I need. If anyone can point me to one online or know a chain store that does please let me know. I need one in the next two weeks. Thank you!
My name is love, for I am without fear

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

corridors of my cells
#2 Posted : 9/2/2010 11:31:43 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I use one of these:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Resp...&hash=item35abe52954

http://cgi.ebay.com/Twin...&hash=item230994044c

you can check the ebay to see if there are any other cheaper ones includin shipping

rOm
#3 Posted : 9/2/2010 12:52:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I found some in DIY and hardware store along with gloves, safety googles. I choose of course the chemical vapors protection (they have either that one or the dust protection).
It's easy to find and very wise to get if working with solvents (apart from d-limonene which is the nicest smelling NPS).
Smell like tea n,n spirit !

Toke the toke, and walk the walk !

Phlux-
#4 Posted : 9/2/2010 1:27:14 PM

The Root

Chemical expertSenior Member

dont forget to wear a tinfoil hat.
antrocles wrote:
...purity of intent....purity of execution....purity of experience...

...unlike the "blind leading the blind". we are more akin to a group of blind-from-birth people who have all simultaneously been given the gift of sight but have no words or mental processing capabilites to work with this new "gift".

IT IS ONLY TO THE EXTENT THAT WE ARE WILLING TO EXPOSE OURSELVES OVER AND OVER AGAIN TO ANNIHILATION THAT WE DISCOVER THAT PART OF OURSELVES THAT IS INDESTRUCTIBLE.

Quote:
‹Jorkest› the wall is impenetrable as far as i can tell

Quote:
‹xtechre› cheese is great

He who packs ur capsules - controls your destiny.

rOm
#5 Posted : 9/2/2010 2:12:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Phlux- wrote:

Why that ?
I mean maybe you shouldn't protect at all and get solvents vapor all the time you extract something, just to see until which point it is really toxic.

Big Inhale
#6 Posted : 9/2/2010 2:45:55 PM

The Enlightend One

rOm wrote:
Phlux- wrote:

Why that ?
I mean maybe you shouldn't protect at all and get solvents vapor all the time you extract something, just to see until which point it is really toxic.
Well painters use these solvents way more than we do on a daily basis and there is no rampant out breaks of painter deaths from fume inhalation. Open a window and dont huff the fumes and you will be fine.
Can you Imagine? From one single Idea everything appeared here.
RZA

Here in the Prime Creators universe all things are possible,because all things are possible many lessons are learned.

None Of This Is Real!

rOm
#7 Posted : 9/2/2010 3:56:17 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Most of those working with solvents on a daily bases in workshop have masks that they stopped wearing because it's annoying, but they claim acetone and all of those are rubbish to health. They really hate it for some reason.
I even try to say it's maybe not that bad and found in fruit, thought in way lower amount and they say, come to work with us and you'll see.
Many jobs make you breath fumes and dust of all sort and it's known some die from it.
It's all a matter of proportions per metabolism of course, the body can handle a fair amount of toxins until it's too much.
Anyway I have my mask and never wore it, only googles and gloves... So I'm not too careful either but just wonder...

Ice House
#8 Posted : 9/2/2010 4:14:16 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Sustainable growing

well when I work with small amounts of solvents, like when I'm doing an extract. I like to have a fan blowing, lightly, on my project. this keeps it away for the most part I also try and do it under my range hood with the exhaust fan on.
Ice House is an alter ego. The threads, postings, replys, statements, stories, and private messages made by Ice House are 100% unadulterated Bull Shit. Every aspect of the Username Ice House is pure fiction. Any likeness to SWIM or any real person is purely coincidental. The creator of Ice House does not condone or participate in any illicit activity what so ever. The makebelieve character known as Ice House is owned and operated by SWIM and should not be used without SWIM's expressed written consent.

rOm
#9 Posted : 9/2/2010 4:25:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

We probably should do. I was doing in badly ventiled place and got few headache from ACE or IPA..

BananaForeskin
#10 Posted : 9/2/2010 7:17:20 PM

I Eat Plant Magic

This is my personal favorite:
http://www.delpiano.com/...l/html/medico_peste.html

¤ø¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø¸„ø¤º¨

.^.^.^.^.^.^(0)=õ

corridors of my cells
#11 Posted : 9/2/2010 8:09:03 PM

DMT-Nexus member

a dust mask or any mask with dust filters is fine... we are not workin with very dangerous chems, painters use the same as mine as mentioned above.. Smile no need to panic Razz

neverwas
#12 Posted : 9/2/2010 11:28:49 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks guys. I'm gonna go with the one bananaforeskin recommended and put one thecorridorsofmycells linked to on over it.
My name is love, for I am without fear

Phlux-
#13 Posted : 9/3/2010 12:27:27 AM

The Root

Chemical expertSenior Member

i hate dcm - it freaks me out - but what freaks me out more is that when i buy it - the dude gets the flow going from the drum to the bottle - using syphon starting it with his mouth.
seems he does em all like that (wonder if he knows what they all taste like ?)
antrocles wrote:
...purity of intent....purity of execution....purity of experience...

...unlike the "blind leading the blind". we are more akin to a group of blind-from-birth people who have all simultaneously been given the gift of sight but have no words or mental processing capabilites to work with this new "gift".

IT IS ONLY TO THE EXTENT THAT WE ARE WILLING TO EXPOSE OURSELVES OVER AND OVER AGAIN TO ANNIHILATION THAT WE DISCOVER THAT PART OF OURSELVES THAT IS INDESTRUCTIBLE.

Quote:
‹Jorkest› the wall is impenetrable as far as i can tell

Quote:
‹xtechre› cheese is great

He who packs ur capsules - controls your destiny.