We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Ayahuasca Addys? Options

camakazi
#1 Posted : 8/27/2010 9:48:47 AM

RUN DMT

How do you do.

I'm about half way through brewing up my aya for later on this evening. I've used 50g shredded b. caapi vine, 50g P. viridis, a few mapacho leaves and a good handfull of caapi leaf for good measure (I know the leaf isn't used in the brew, but I though it wont do any harm throwing some in Smile)

I've had the vine sitting here for quite a while and recently read that THH content can degrade into harmine over time. I'm worried my vine will be depleted of all the goodness... so would I be able to add some THH I bought from FV right into the brew? if so... how much should I fire in there? I have about 250mg left.

thanks
"accept the possibility that you may never come back, then your mind is truly open."
____________________________________________________________________________________

The playful ballad of the sacred salad.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

camakazi
#2 Posted : 8/27/2010 9:51:39 AM

RUN DMT

oh I added 5g of MHRB as well. Not really the traditional aya, I know.. but I want to make sure I get a good one Smile
"accept the possibility that you may never come back, then your mind is truly open."
____________________________________________________________________________________

azrael
#3 Posted : 8/27/2010 10:07:23 AM
DMT-Nexus member

It's been said that brews can be more force (harmala) than light (spice) and vice versa depending on the ratios used. Some people believe in a sweet spot or balance between the two.

Bunch of caapi and a dash of spice gives a slightly lit up caapi experience. Bunch of mimosa and just enough rue gives an oral jungle spice trip. Baaaasically anyway, lots of variables when you dig in to the specifics.

From the sound of it you're just kinda doin a brew. As such I'd suggest you just hold on to the 250mg of THH (or whatever it may actually be Laughing j/k) and save it for changa/sublingual/pharma/etc. Plants are plants and your brew sounds like it could pack quite a purge (mapacho, tannins from caapi leaves and mimosa). Glad you are being mindful of what you brew.

Smile

camakazi
#4 Posted : 8/27/2010 10:13:28 AM

RUN DMT

haha.. I never actually thought of that. If bufoman is correct I'd just be adding more of the stuff I dont want in there.

I'll be filtering the brew then reducing into a single shot, so the tannins shouldn't be a problem.

camakazi
#5 Posted : 8/27/2010 10:20:21 AM

RUN DMT

so assuming it is indeed THH and I added X amount into the pot... the heat wouldn't destroy it, would it?

I could just dose some before the drink, but do harmalas come on in different stages of the trip? Thats basically why I'm wondering if I can just add it now to make up for any that might have been lost while the bag of shredded vine sat in a box for months.

camakazi
#6 Posted : 8/27/2010 1:50:40 PM

RUN DMT

So I decided to just leave the extra harmalas out of the equasion, the brew is ready now, I've not sat down for 10 hours... So I'm resting up before my journey tonight Smile.

thanks for the advice, much obliged.

peace!

olympus mon
#7 Posted : 8/27/2010 6:10:15 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Tattooist specialized in indigenous art, Fine art, medium ink and pen.

wouldn't 50g p.viridis and 5g mhrb be a whopping dose of the light compared to only 50g caapi?
im still learning as well and ive read a few different reports that a little bit of mimosa hostilis goes a long way and becomes active as low as .5g.
ive read 1-3g mhrb per serving is a good starting point. you have 5g plus a full 1/1 ratio of caapi and chacruna. sounds like quite a oral dmt experience.
i hope you give a good report after id love to hear how it all went. i just finished my brew last night. i plan on drinking 60g caapi and 30g chacruna is my game plan. im probably low on the light but we will see. i brewed my viridis sepratly so i can take more if im not where im trying to get.
good travels
I am not gonna lie, shits gonna get weird!
Troubles Breaking Through? Click here.
The Art of Changa. making the perfect blend.

camakazi
#8 Posted : 8/28/2010 4:10:58 AM

RUN DMT

how long does it usually take for it to kick in? thats been an hour since I drank my brew and I feel no effects at all. I purged a couple mins ago... are all the goodies in that basin? cause I'm seriously considering drinking those purges.

camakazi
#9 Posted : 8/28/2010 4:33:30 AM

RUN DMT

anyone?

what should I do here? I put a lot of effort and preperation into this. more harmalas, DMT.. drink the vomit?

MelCat
#10 Posted : 8/28/2010 4:43:37 AM

DMT-Nexus member

If you have more, take it... I wouldn't drink the puke though (although I know exactly how you feel)

I hate it when I lose the goodness to the toilet gods..
Convert a melodic element into a rhythmic element...

camakazi
#11 Posted : 8/28/2010 4:46:17 AM

RUN DMT

I only made enough for one dose. the recipie I described was reduced down to a single shot which I drank an hour and 46 mins ago... I purged exactly 1 hour after drinking it.

MelCat
#12 Posted : 8/28/2010 4:54:04 AM

DMT-Nexus member

That sucks Sad

There might still be a little lingering in your system but kinda doubtful...

If you have some harmalas and spice, why not go for a pharma trip?
Convert a melodic element into a rhythmic element...

camakazi
#13 Posted : 8/28/2010 4:57:50 AM

RUN DMT

yeah was kinda wondering that myself, but I'm really unsure of what dose I should take after that and how much effect the aya would have on it.

camakazi
#14 Posted : 8/28/2010 5:04:32 AM

RUN DMT

ach well.. thanks for the help anyway you lovely lovely people.

I think I'll just go out at first light and see if any shrooms are about.

azrael
#15 Posted : 8/28/2010 5:24:26 AM
DMT-Nexus member

It's too late now, but in a situation like you were in (puked after about an hour) you could try eating a piece of bread. Or part of one. And drink a little bit of milk to wash it down. Sometimes digesting some food kicks the trip into gear.

If you drank on an already full stomach, it may have not absorbed totally.

camakazi
#16 Posted : 8/28/2010 5:47:38 AM

RUN DMT

I had fasted for a good 6 hours before drinking. Its annoying because I'm world renouned for having a really strong stomach for things like this.. I'm guessing it had something to do with what you mentioned about my brew being laced with too many tannins. Right from the get go I felt it gurgling around in my belly, feeling like I had swallowed a pile of lead just sitting there. I had a handle on it though until I took a sip of cranberry juice (probably not the best choice there because that also is quite tannic) but I thought it'd be good because of the anti-oxidants in there.

I'll try again some day, but it wont be for another while... Its mushroom season and those are my bestist buddies Smile

thanks again!

Infinite I
#17 Posted : 8/28/2010 12:38:35 PM

JC

You should maybe do the egg white thing with your brew, I always do that now, to get rid of tannins, also for the next time id brew up as much as you can in one go so you can drink more. I mean spending all that time and doing the fast for 50g that may or may not work seems like a bit of a risk. I also brew mines seprately so you knwo exactly what your dosage is, im sure most people have been where you are with aya, swear ive spent a ton of money on ayahusca and only had a few decent expereinces, acolon5 gave me a good brewing method and the one experience ive ha with that batch seems fine. The eating bread thing works, or eating anything actually, one time I ate brea and then went shit maybe I shoulnt have done that as it came on strong lol but thats what I was wanting then when I get there im like oh please go easy Confused Laughing

camakazi
#18 Posted : 8/28/2010 6:18:34 PM

RUN DMT

I'll put this one down to experience, I'll need to read up on the egg white tek as well.

I just realised I still have caapi copy here haha... typical.

my dreams were hectic when I fell asleep btw... literally woke up shocked that they weren't real hehe.

polytrip
#19 Posted : 8/28/2010 7:00:07 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Location: A speck of dust in endless space, like everyone else.
camakazi wrote:
so assuming it is indeed THH and I added X amount into the pot... the heat wouldn't destroy it, would it?

I could just dose some before the drink, but do harmalas come on in different stages of the trip? Thats basically why I'm wondering if I can just add it now to make up for any that might have been lost while the bag of shredded vine sat in a box for months.

I've never heard of somebody heating the caapi vine for too long, so at least within the vine, alkaloids don't get destroyed easily by heating.

Based on experience, i would say that the activity of the different alkaloids present within the vine, follows the same timeline. So they don't come on separately.

ms_manic_minxx
#20 Posted : 8/29/2010 4:28:43 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Even shredded vine stored in a relatively cool, dark place should be stable.

May want to let the brew decant overnight. It is ideal to cook Mimosa separately because there is some nasty sludginess that settles to the bottom.
Some things will come easy, some will be a test