We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
i'm just looking. Options

just mark
#1 Posted : 6/28/2010 5:02:21 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Hello: i registered here several days ago and looked around awhile before making a post. i'm not a user of dmt or any psychedelic substances. i used to smoke a fair amount of herb, but that was many years ago. i have no experience with lsd or mushrooms. i did some speed, painkillers and a whole lot of alochol in times past, but am pretty much drug free these days.

i am mostly interested in dmt as a social and spiritual phenomenon. i have observed that there is a steep curve of new posts here at this site over the past 3-4 months, as well as new comments on videos on youtube, so i'm sure there is a new "movement" of some kind going on here and i want to watch it.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

obliguhl
#2 Posted : 6/28/2010 5:15:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi there...
Are you a journalist of some sort? Or just interested in the whole thing?

and...comments on which videos?

just mark
#3 Posted : 6/28/2010 5:38:33 PM
DMT-Nexus member

hi, Obliguhl. no, i'm not a journalist or any other type of professional. i'm just interested in social movements - how large groups of people change simultaneously at certain points in time. for instance, i'm really interested in the 1960's in the USA. when the beatles played on the ed sullivan show (i was 6 at the time)in february of 1964, it seems like the entire western world went through a seismic shift of some kind or another. (but that's just how i see it: many folks have disagreed witrh me about it). for whatever reasons, it interests me to pay attention to such events. and i feel that it is possible dmt or some substance is in the process of kicking off something... i don't know what.

the videos i'm referring to are primarily those of and about terence mckenna. he was an interesting person, for sure.

abc1234560
#4 Posted : 6/30/2010 10:20:25 AM

Steve

Welcome just mark to the DMT NEXUS!

While you observe and find what youve come for, I highly recommend talking to some of the members here. Youl find that most all them are friendly and have a lot interesting to say. :] Have a good one!
I am not SWIM. SWIM is a fictitious character that likes to preform extractions out in space where it is legal to do so. Any and all posts by this user are fictional and are there for entertainment purposes only.

cellux
#5 Posted : 6/30/2010 10:42:25 AM

DMT-Nexus member

So you came to be a witness to the gathering of the tribe, eh? Pleased

In this game, there are no outside observers... If you are here on Earth at this time, if you found the Nexus at this time, then you are already deep in it, brother, whatever it may be. Smile

(Disclaimer: I have a knack for epic stories of the grandiose kind.)

just mark
#6 Posted : 7/1/2010 3:22:29 PM
DMT-Nexus member

cellux wrote:
So you came to be a witness to the gathering of the tribe, eh? Pleased

In this game, there are no outside observers... If you are here on Earth at this time, if you found the Nexus at this time, then you are already deep in it, brother, whatever it may be. Smile

(Disclaimer: I have a knack for epic stories of the grandiose kind.)

yes, i do kind of feel that way. i don't intend to partake of any substances, but it's definetly influenced my thinking alittle bit - i was watching the recent "alice in wonderland" movie with my kids and kept thinking that it was a pure trip movie.

i'm interested in seeing if awareness of dmt makes a jump into the mainstream.

RigelL
#7 Posted : 7/1/2010 4:55:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey Mark!
You just hit bingo with what you have said about Lewis Carrol´s based movie. It is the most well known and widelly accepted trip report (it is considered a children´s story) Very happy Have you read the book? The most flaggering part is that one of the caterpillar, on top of the amanita, smoking a sisha... And better of all it is the most wise character in the all book! Priceless Razz

Quote:
i'm interested in seeing if awareness of dmt makes a jump into the mainstream.

Humm about this i am also interested but i think there is a lot of ppl that are just not that interested in raising their awareness, unfortunatelly. And also unfortunatelly some ppl just like to play around with theese teacher plants, not giving them the respect and devotion they deserve.
Anyway and back to the point:
Nice to meet u and hope u find whatever it is you are looking for =)
It is no measure of health to be adjusted to a profundly sick society
Learning how to walk the earth respectfully

just mark
#8 Posted : 7/1/2010 6:27:54 PM
DMT-Nexus member

"Humm about this i am also interested but i think there is a lot of ppl that are just not that interested in raising their awareness"

i know this is basically true, Rigel. but when i read about the 60's, there was a huge move of psychedelic use then and it did alter conciousness, even among people who never used the drug. music, fashion, sexuality and damn near everything else shifted to some degree in those days. of course, alot of that stuff would have happened (MAYBE) without the drug thing. so beings as there has already been one big popular hallucenogenic drug move in american society, there could be another.

the 60's were such an incredible time. the more i study them, the wilder and weirder it gets!

edited to add: if anybody wants to get a sense of the overall "wildness" of the 60's, i highly recommend the book "Nixonland".

eagleeyes
#9 Posted : 7/7/2010 3:17:53 PM

eagle eyes

welcome Smile yup alice in wonderland heheheh definitely a trip report! as is the wizard of oz ..jack and the beanstalk and many other 'childrens' tales.......even holy books like the bible are laced with trip reports although many don't recognize it as being so..

just mark
#10 Posted : 8/27/2010 5:28:43 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Hi, Y'all! i'm now making a post or 2 just to get my numbers up, i assume that after a certain amount of posts i can post in other parts of the forum?

it's interesting to note that i haven't posted in this thread since about the middle of july and i found it on the 6th page back - if something like 90% of those newer threads are new users, new members, i think that represents alot of new discoverors of dmt.

as i said earlier, i'm not a user, i'm an observer. i first became aware of dmt from daniel pinchbeck's "breaking open the head" about 2 yrs ago. since then, i've been watching to see if a movement is growing and it definetly is, no doubt about it at all. i wonder if anybody else here has read that book?

mogascreeta
#11 Posted : 8/27/2010 8:25:38 PM

DMT-Nexus member

just mark wrote:
Hi, Y'all! i'm now making a post or 2 just to get my numbers up, i assume that after a certain amount of posts i can post in other parts of the forum?

it's interesting to note that i haven't posted in this thread since about the middle of july and i found it on the 6th page back - if something like 90% of those newer threads are new users, new members, i think that represents alot of new discoverors of dmt.

as i said earlier, i'm not a user, i'm an observer. i first became aware of dmt from daniel pinchbeck's "breaking open the head" about 2 yrs ago. since then, i've been watching to see if a movement is growing and it definetly is, no doubt about it at all. i wonder if anybody else here has read that book?

I'm not sure that I understand. Are you saying you want awareness DMT to become mainstream? If so, why?

In regard to the counterculture in the 60's, I think it was just that--a counter-culture. (not that I was alive). I think that LSD use probably catalized but by not means initiated the cultural shift that occured. IMHO the counter culture was already there. (although I wasn't there so what do I know)

"I'm creeping back to life, my nervous system all awry, I'm wearing the inside out. Look at him now, he's paler somehow, but he's coming round. He's starting to choke It's been so long since he spoke, well he can have the words right from my mouth. And with these words I can see, clear through the clouds that covered me, Just give it time then speak my name. now we can hear ourselves again" Pink Floyd- Wearing the Inside Out
Mogascreeta is a pathological liar and should not be taken seriously under any circumstance.

SnozzleBerry
#12 Posted : 8/27/2010 9:41:49 PM

omnia sunt communia!

Moderator | Skills: Growing (plants/mushrooms), Research, Extraction troubleshooting, Harmalas, Revolution (theory/practice)

just mark wrote:

Nope, post count has absolutely nothing to do with member promotion. You will be promoted when the moderators feel that you have shown yourself to be a contributing member who fits in with the Nexus vibe/attitude and are not a troll, immature poster, reckless substance abuser, etc. Some people get promoted after a few well-placed posts, others tend to linger in the nursery for ages. Promotion is decided on a case by case basis pertaining directly to how the potential member fits in with and contributes to the community.

welcome to the Nexus Very happy

SB
WikiAttitudeFAQ
The NexianNexus ResearchThe OHT
In New York, we wrote the legal number on our arms in marker...To call a lawyer if we were arrested.
In Istanbul, People wrote their blood types on their arms. I hear in Egypt, They just write Their names.
גם זה יעבור

just mark
#13 Posted : 8/28/2010 4:26:13 AM
DMT-Nexus member

"I'm not sure that I understand. Are you saying you want awareness DMT to become mainstream? If so, why?"

Mogascreeta: i am neither for nor against mainstream awareness. i am watching to see if it happens. my motives are not really much more than curiosity. i myself do not promote spice use or awareness, i'm just watching to see if anyone around me becomes aware of it. one of my interests in life is mass culutral movements, how they start, what changes they bring. i am curious to see if DMT brings another psychedelic move as LSD once did.

Snozzleberry, thank you for the info.