We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Salvia Legality Options

Global
#1 Posted : 7/26/2010 10:26:38 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Music, LSDMT, Egyptian Visions, DMT: Energetic/Holographic Phenomena, Integration, Trip Reports

The other day, one of my friends asked me why I thought psychedelics were illegal, so without even thinking too hard, I responded that it's because on psychedelics you're much more likely to realize and criticize just how much the government takes advantage of you in every day life (well I said it a bit more vulgarly than that Laughing ). Now I understand from an entirely legal perspective, the leading reason why salvia is probably still legal in a lot of areas is because it is not similar in chemistry nor effect to the other already illegal tryptamines; however, having said that, I also began thinking that perhaps a lot of it is due in part to the fact that when you're tripping salvia, the government is probably the furthest thing from your mind. At the moment, your major concerns are "do I exist?" and "I wonder what reality is like" and "when is this crazy ride gonna be over?" You don't really have any time or desire to criticize what is so far from your concerns at the moment (the government). What do you guys think?
"Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind" - Albert Einstein

"The Mighty One appears, the horizon shines. Atum appears on the smell of his censing, the Sunshine- god has risen in the sky, the Mansion of the pyramidion is in joy and all its inmates are assembled, a voice calls out within the shrine, shouting reverberates around the Netherworld." - Egyptian Book of the Dead

"Man fears time, but time fears the Pyramids" - 9th century Arab proverb

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

SnozzleBerry
#2 Posted : 7/26/2010 10:34:56 PM

omnia sunt communia!

Moderator | Skills: Growing (plants/mushrooms), Research, Extraction troubleshooting, Harmalas, Revolution (theory/practice)

To my mind, salvia was not criminalized at the same time as the other major entheogens because it was relatively unknown. As its use, popularity, and notoriety have increased (along with its time in the public eye) it has begun to become criminalized in more and more places. Whenever any substance goes from unknown to known (such as drugs that were considered RC's in the past) it tends to go from being legal to illegal. I don't think it has anything to do with its effects; if we were banning substances based on effect we would be a much more enlightened society than we are, or at the very least, the substances that are criminalized and legal would be radically different.
WikiAttitudeFAQ
The NexianNexus ResearchThe OHT
In New York, we wrote the legal number on our arms in marker...To call a lawyer if we were arrested.
In Istanbul, People wrote their blood types on their arms. I hear in Egypt, They just write Their names.
גם זה יעבור

RigelL
#3 Posted : 7/26/2010 10:56:50 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I guess legality as more to do with the ammount of dumb ppl that actually do that substance and the profit the government can make from it. For example you go to youtube and you can watch a lot of mentally impaired kids doing dumb things on Salvia,that calls a lot of undesired atention to the plant futhermore i see no profit in it for pharmaceutic companies so i guess unfourtunatelly Salvia´s legal days are numbered in most countries.
I´m a fan of Escohotado and inside my body i make my own rules - what they wish to ban is of little consequence Very happy
It is no measure of health to be adjusted to a profundly sick society
Learning how to walk the earth respectfully

jamie
#4 Posted : 7/26/2010 10:57:38 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

Couldnt be controlled under the analogue act, and they didnt even know what salvinorin A was at the time they scheduled most things like LSD, psilocin, DMT and mescaline..now salvia is soooo easy to grow and propegate, and its grown everywhere by people they will never really controll it..something like ayahuasca would be easier to controll since its harder to gor apparently and much much slower..

"futhermore i see no profit in it for pharmaceutic companies so i guess unfourtunatelly Salvia´s legal days are numbered in most countries.

Salvinorin has many potential medical uses, and they have already synthed a line of analoges even more powerful they are studying for use as anesthetics..
Long live the unwoke.

RigelL
#5 Posted : 7/26/2010 11:18:29 PM

DMT-Nexus member

fractal enchantment wrote:

"futhermore i see no profit in it for pharmaceutic companies so i guess unfourtunatelly Salvia´s legal days are numbered in most countries.

Salvinorin has many potential medical uses, and they have already synthed a line of analoges even more powerful they are studying for use as anesthetics..

I stand corrected - there is hope for Salvia still, but that only leads me to believe that they will ban the plant and Salvinorin and legalize the sinthetics under their own convenience... :S
It is no measure of health to be adjusted to a profundly sick society
Learning how to walk the earth respectfully

State of the Mind
#6 Posted : 8/26/2010 11:46:16 PM

DMT-Nexus member

If they ever ban Salvia, I can picture it becoming similar to cannabis in the respect that it will be so easy to grow and therefor easily obtainable, I am personally looking to buy salvia plants for the day that salvia is banned.
People spend their lives searching for perfect moments and fail to see, that there are many unappreciated perfect moments everyday that are overlooked.