We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Caapi vine and changa. Options

DMTripper
#1 Posted : 8/25/2010 3:09:13 AM

John Murdoch IV

MAOI's are regulated where I live so I can not order caapi leaves online but I have some shredded caapi I'd like to use for changa.
What would be the best way. It's strong caapi.
Would I need to extract it and then mix it with some herbs and DMT?

Could I put it in a vaporizer with some DMT?

Any suggestions?

––––––

DMTripper is a fictional character therefore everything he says here must be fiction.
I mean, who really believes there is such a place as Hyperspace!!

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

BananaForeskin
#2 Posted : 8/25/2010 4:35:59 AM

I Eat Plant Magic

Soaking it in some ethanol/acetone for a while should do the trick nicely to create a harmala-laden menstruum for changa. I'm guessing if it's shredded finely enough you probably could vape it, or use it as a plant-matter base for changa, although I haven't heard of people doing it that way; only extracting the harmalas into a menstruum first.
¤ø¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø¸„ø¤º¨

.^.^.^.^.^.^(0)=õ

director of sound
#3 Posted : 8/25/2010 6:53:51 AM

DMT-Nexus member

it might be a little stinky but the harmaloids in their natural tannate from are highly soluable in acetone. you could do a soak or use the herbal perculator with acetone to extract the harmaloids and soak mullen or what ever is in your changa blend with the harmaloid laden acetone. let it evap to dryness before adding your spice dissolved in bestine or naptha.
"because it is who i am...... i strive with all my soul to see the unimaginable the ineffable and the mysterious"

endlessness
#4 Posted : 8/25/2010 7:05:08 AM

DMT-Nexus member

AFAIK harmalas being in tannate form is only speculation (feel free to prove me wrong and point to a chemical analysis publication that shows it, though).

In any case yeah you can do an acetone soak and evap onto some inactive herbs with your dmt. Or you can brew the caapi, base with sodium carb, filter to retrieve precipitated alkaloids, dry them, and mix that with your dmt to smoke (or consume orally of course)

DMTripper
#5 Posted : 8/25/2010 11:55:48 AM

John Murdoch IV

endlessness wrote:
Or you can brew the caapi, base with sodium carb, filter to retrieve precipitated alkaloids, dry them, and mix that with your dmt to smoke (or consume orally of course)

Is there any tek for this? I'd like a little more detailed instructions. This caapi is very valuable to me and I don't want to screw this up Smile

And thankx for all the answers.
––––––

DMTripper is a fictional character therefore everything he says here must be fiction.

ms_manic_minxx
#6 Posted : 8/25/2010 3:33:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Burning the vine is very stinky... like stale sourdough bread, old leather boots, and my late Polish grandmother. Confused
Some things will come easy, some will be a test

endlessness
#7 Posted : 8/25/2010 5:12:05 PM

DMT-Nexus member

DMTripper wrote:
endlessness wrote:
Or you can brew the caapi, base with sodium carb, filter to retrieve precipitated alkaloids, dry them, and mix that with your dmt to smoke (or consume orally of course)

Is there any tek for this? I'd like a little more detailed instructions. This caapi is very valuable to me and I don't want to screw this up Smile

And thankx for all the answers.

well there isnt much mistery about it, I can explain a bit more in depth..

You make a caapi brew, as if you would brew ayahuasca.. Then filter the solids. Then I would recommend decanting the brew overnight, and after that filter it a few times with progressively finer filters (all this filtering and decanting would be to remove as much of the non-active solid particles floating around as possible). Probably if you filter straight away with a very tight funnel and cotton plug and/or with coffee filter, it might clog up too soon, so if you start with loose cotton plug, then make new tighter cotton plug, and so on.

Then after you have filtered it a few times, make a saturated sodium carbonate solution separately (just add a bunch of sodium carbonate to plain water until no more will dissolve). As for the amount of solution needed, lets say you have 1 liter brew, 100ml of saturated sodium carb solution should be more than enough. So what you do is just slowly mix this saturated sodium carb solution to the brew, and it will change colour immediately. Keep adding the solution until the color stops changing, and once it does, add a bit more just for good measure (too much is no problem).

Then put this on the fridge for a day or so, and the alkaloids will have precipitated. Hopefully they will be mostly on the bottom and/or are stuck to the container, so you can decant most of the liquid away from the alkaloids without having to filter so much liquid. Then the last bit where the alkaloids are, filter them through a coffee filter (or filter all of the brew if the alkaloids have not gone to the bottom). Thats it, these are your extracted caapi harmala alkaloids

(you can also follow cosmic lion's caapi extraction )

Any questions, feel free to ask

DMTripper
#8 Posted : 8/26/2010 3:52:52 AM

John Murdoch IV

Great I'll try that Smile
Should I add some vinegar for the boil?

And one other question, would this work in a changa used in a GVG? And if I'm vaporizing the stuff do I need to filter it as much as you describe above?
––––––