We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
- Options

Ash
#1 Posted : 8/25/2010 2:39:39 AM
DMT-Nexus member

-

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

The_Shaman
#2 Posted : 8/25/2010 3:33:36 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Ash wrote:
I'm planning on trying DMT smoked the correct way within a few hours but I have the horrible feeling about it

Its Ok to take small steps, and If I personally felt horrible about taking a journey, I would wait, wait until I felt very strongly that I wanted to take this step.

Take some time and meditate and read , It will still be there when your feeling good about it.
Obviously everything the Shaman says is Hyperspace Hyperbole

dosage
#3 Posted : 8/25/2010 3:50:46 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Think of it as societys programming of you to automatically reject anything out of the norm of this reality, as it wants to hold you in to be a consumer. This reminds swim of an lsd trip where he thought he was on the judgment or assesment of organisms gameshow of life presented by the pre installed voice in your dna that activates and guides you through the step, should you reach that point in conciousness in your life. swim has no dmt experience YET (teehee), but can heavily relate to this feeling your describing. when swim was there there is an amazing sensation that the lsd wass saying 'NOOO PAY ATTENTIONN! everytime he backed away from it, even giving him visual guides to what he was thinking was good or bad, vibe moving from intense colour to red negativity if he avoided thinking about the matter at hand.
then he reached it
'see that wasnt to hard was it, amazing how this isnt the most important subject in the world isnt it? heres your change'
it will do no harm to you, just improve your experience of life. You will break the chains dude keep battling it!
everything is just, happening.

Felnik
#4 Posted : 8/25/2010 5:21:02 AM

DMT-Nexus member

You really are setting yourself up by going into this with so much fear to start with.
You have to get yourself to a stronger place before you continue. You have to get yourself to a better place .

DMT can have a way of amplifying whatever you put with it.
Your mood and general mindset can have alot to do with what kind of experience you will have.

I would recommend getting yourself to the best positive mindest you can muster.
spend time doing some things that elevate you and make you happy.

You have the best chances of a positive wonderous experience with DMT if you are happy loving and open.

If you are fearful vulnerable ungrounded tired, or filled with expectation you are taking a chance.

Personally i wait patiently for the right opportunity sometimes its takes weeks.

its well worth waiting to be right for it.
The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible.
Arthur C. Clarke

http://vimeo.com/32001208

Apoc
#5 Posted : 8/25/2010 7:05:51 AM

DMT-Nexus member

This is why you start with small doses. I too was afraid of what I might see when on psychedelic medicine. I read alot about people contacting aliens while on dmt, and I imagined myself in a situation like that. How would I respond? What the hell would I do? Considering that I am a person who is still kind of afraid of his own basement.... I couldn't imagine NOT being afraid of meeting a real life alien.... that lives in my head. So, I took a low dose oral trip. I realized that a "hallucination" is not AT ALL what I was expecting. I was pleasantly surprised to find that fear actually becomes more difficult while on dmt, or mescaline (at low doses). The psychedelic experience is totally different from what you might expect. It's not the usual state of consciousness that you're used to, it's another world. It's actually the everyday world in which fears manifest all over the place, many times for no particular reason. When the entheogen hits you, it awakens something else within you, something that doesn't seem interested in fear.

And remember, I am talking about low doses. At high doses, it becomes terrifying.... but even then, it still isn't terrifying in the way that I expected. Anyway, my point is, why not take a small oral dose first, if you're worried fear? That way you can get a taste of what you're getting in to.

Mix 30mg dmt with some vinegar or water with a crushed vitamin C tab in it, and make sure the dmt gets dissolved. Crush it with spoon or fork. Take some harmalas 15 minutes before drinking your dmt. See what happens.

aBore
#6 Posted : 8/25/2010 7:50:06 AM

Elbow

I experience this fear of fear as well. I counter-act it by starting low and slow and moving up from there. Having a bit of experience with emptying your mind may help. Preparation in the form of letting go of anxiety may also help. Like Apoc above me said "I was pleasantly surprised to find that fear actually becomes more difficult while on dmt". I wouldn't be surprised if after a few small tokes the fear dissipates and you become more comfortable taking a larger inhalation. Maybe you could measure your dose to make sure you don't get too brave Smile. I've read that changa is a gentler way of getting where you want to go, though I haven't experienced it yet.

Felnik
#7 Posted : 8/25/2010 4:24:22 PM

DMT-Nexus member

easing in slowly is good advice
The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible.
Arthur C. Clarke

http://vimeo.com/32001208

gibran2
#8 Posted : 8/25/2010 6:49:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expertSenior Member

As others have said, start with a low dose and work your way up gradually. I have never heard of anyone having a challenging, scary sub-breakthrough experience. Difficult experiences are almost always high-dose.

From what I’ve read, your smoking device/technique is not yet 100%, so don’t be too concerned about having a frightening experience.

Measure your dose, calm yourself to the extent possible, submit fully to the experience, express love, gratitude, and humility, and accept that whatever happens is exactly what was supposed to happen.
gibran2 is a fictional character. Any resemblance to anyone living or dead is purely coincidental.