We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Spice has altered my mushroom journeys (I think...) Options

idtravlr
#1 Posted : 8/20/2010 6:09:17 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Greetings friends,

So, I have noticed a developing pattern over the last couple of years relating to mushroom experiences. The short story is that every strong mushroom journey I have done over the last two or three years has taken on stronger and stronger characteristics of DMT journeys.

The longer story is this: Prior to my use of DMT, my mushroom experiences were always very "organic" feeling. Very much a oneness with, and appreciation of nature. They have typically been kind of similar to an LSD experience although much less "heady" and with much stronger tryptamine visual characteristics (i.e. the world turning into fractals and energy, as opposed to melting and morphing). I'm not really sure how exactly to describe it other than it's always felt very organic.

Recently however (relatively speaking), my STRONG mushroom experiences are very much of a much more alien nature, and don't feel organic at all. I frequently get transported to alien and / or mechanical worlds where things are hard, shiny, and precision. My most recent experience had segments of what I would describe as full DMT breakthrough visual moments. There was very little differentiating these moments from DMT experiences, save for the factors like ego death and complete disassociation from my body.

I guess what I'm trying to say in a not so eloquent way is that the visuals on my mushroom journeys have become extremely similar to DMT visuals, and the only thing I can tie it to is the regular use of DMT. I believe I have read other posts reporting similar "transitions", but I'm not sure. I would love to hear feedback from anyone who is experiencing this same phenomenon. In fact I'd love to hear opinions on this regardless.

I do realize that both psilocybin and psilocin are both dimethyltriptamines, so it makes a LOT of sense that experiences would be similar at some level, but I find it odd that the mushroom experience has changed dramatically over time. Perhaps its just an awareness that DMT has helped me realize, or perhaps there has been some kind of psychological or neuro-chemical transformation. I don't know. Thoughts?

Peace,
-idt
I am not a drug addict seeking escape from reality. I am an explorer of consciousness challenging consensus reality.

…is DMT dangerous? The answer is only if you fear death by astonishment… [crowd laughter]… Remember how you laughed when this possibility was raised… a moment will come that will wipe the smile right off your face.
-Terence McKenna

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Virola78
#2 Posted : 8/21/2010 9:42:33 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I have never tried dmt but i do have some experience with the mushrooms. And as of lately I am exploring mescaline.
When I take enough psilocin or mescaline I will at one point start having cevs of course. What strikes me is the similarity and differences between the mushroom and mescaline cevs. Im convinced it is the same multidimensional background im looking at, but with the mushrooms it appears asymmetrical, plastic like, and ‘in my face’, whereas with the mescaline the background appears symmetrical, more crystaline, and more at a distance, ‘in a room’.

This video reminds me very much of mescaline 'flowers' i was looking at last time i took 350mg. Doesn’t really show the multidimensional character but still…

(check out in HD)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tIq__eJdOkU&fe
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y91yPGLdwTA

Are you seeing stuff like this on dmt, mushrooms, mescaline?

“The most important thing in illness is never to lose heart.” -Nikolai Lenin

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

teotenakeltje
#3 Posted : 8/21/2010 1:51:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I experience something similar. Although it are not strong mushroom experiences, what they i do is they vividly 'remember' me of my DMT experience. I remember certain emotions, or even better, i feel the emotions and i have very distinct pictures of the visions i had (like the gnomes pulling funny faces at me Smile
Also, since i tried DMT, my mushrooms trips have become much more introspective. I personally think that DMT opens a certain door wich did not open on my previous mushrooms trips, but now opens each time. A new level of sensibility...

dreamer042
#4 Posted : 8/21/2010 3:33:53 PM

Dreamoar

Moderator | Skills: Mostly harmless

-
Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream. Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily...

Visual diagram for the administration of dimethyltryptamine

Visual diagram for the administration of ayahuasca

olympus mon
#5 Posted : 8/21/2010 4:16:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Tattooist specialized in indigenous art, Fine art, medium ink and pen.

teotenakeltje wrote:
I experience something similar. Although it are not strong mushroom experiences, what they i do is they vividly 'remember' me of my DMT experience. I remember certain emotions, or even better, i feel the emotions and i have very distinct pictures of the visions i had (like the gnomes pulling funny faces at me Smile
Also, since i tried DMT, my mushrooms trips have become much more introspective. I personally think that DMT opens a certain door wich did not open on my previous mushrooms trips, but now opens each time. A new level of sensibility...

i can relate to you 100%. mushrooms also allow me to "remember" the dmt visuals and emotions. as a matter of fact i just wrote a whole long experience of this in another topic. the mushrooms triggered a suppressed memory of a re-occurring dmt trip.

i think that dmt didn't open up a door that wasn't there previously but gave my brain a new way to either process or create, almost coming back to mushrooms with a slightly expanded degree of knowledge or thinking.

IDTRAVeLER-
i know we talked about this earlier but ill throw it up here in case other people are interested in more information. i found some great Terrance Mckenna videos on youtube on this very topic. there were at least 2 i remember discussing the similarity's of nn-dmt and psilocybin which is also a dimethyltriptamine. something like 4phosfurentdmt. ill try to find and post them when i have more time.
anyway great topic.
cheers
I am not gonna lie, shits gonna get weird!
Troubles Breaking Through? Click here.
The Art of Changa. making the perfect blend.

idtravlr
#6 Posted : 8/25/2010 6:26:00 AM

DMT-Nexus member

olympus mon wrote:

IDTRAVeLER-
i know we talked about this earlier but ill throw it up here in case other people are interested in more information. i found some great Terrance Mckenna videos on youtube on this very topic. there were at least 2 i remember discussing the similarity's of nn-dmt and psilocybin which is also a dimethyltriptamine. something like 4phosfurentdmt. ill try to find and post them when i have more time.
anyway great topic.
cheers

Please do post if you find them oly-mon. I have known that psilocin and psilocybin are tryptamines of the dimethyl family for some time now, but just never picked up on the similarities of the experiences until more recently I guess.

I think dreamer042 and teotenakeltje may have also touched on something important as it relates to my particular situation. Perhaps the Spice has sensitized me (or any of us for that matter) to the mushrooms in some way, and now I am actually reaching these "far-out hyperspacial" feeling states with smaller doses than it would have required prior to working with spice, hence I did not previously get the same effect from an equivalent dose. This would make a lot of sense in that it is quite common for our brains to become sensitized to certain drugs, chemicals, etc. once the brain "learns" it's effects. I could very well be the case for DMT also.

Good stuff! Thanks for all the feedback!

Peace,
-idt
I am not a drug addict seeking escape from reality. I am an explorer of consciousness challenging consensus reality.

…is DMT dangerous? The answer is only if you fear death by astonishment… [crowd laughter]… Remember how you laughed when this possibility was raised… a moment will come that will wipe the smile right off your face.
-Terence McKenna