We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Elemicin taken in enteric coated capsules - A trip report Options

69ron
#1 Posted : 8/24/2010 9:14:42 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Here's a mild trip report using 30 mg of pure elemicin. This test was done to see if elemicin benefits from using an enteric coated capsule. This is SWIM's test:

Quote:
T+0:00, a dose of 30 mg of pure elemicin oil (diluted in oil) was taken on a full stomach with a little water. The capsule used was coated with enteric coating made from food grade edible shellac. This prevents the capsule from dissolving in the stomach acids.

T+1:00, effects are just starting.

T+1:30, this is one of the most mescaline like effects that have ever been experienced with elemicin. Clearly elemicin benefits greatly by using an enteric coated capsule.

T+2:00, lots of euphoria, mild psychedelic effects, mild visuals, feeling fantastic.

T+3:00, it's starting to fade.

T+7:00, the effects are still present. Took 6 drops of clove leaf oil in milk.

T+7:15, the effects of the clove leaf oil are kicking in pretty strong. Visuals are increased. There's a slight drunken feeling present. Not too much.

T+7:20, the effects of the clove leaf oil seemed to have peaked. I think 6 drops is a little heavy. Next time 3 drops will be used.

The elemicin seems to have benefited from using an enteric coated capsule. SWIM says this elemicin trip was more like mescaline than any other previous trip. It didn't have the tingling stage, and it didn't have the stimulant stage. The effects were cleaner, more like a true psychedelic.

I believe that the stomach acids are altering elemicin. Possibly decomposing it into another compound with tingling stimulant effects which are not psychedelic. In all previous tests when SWIM used elemicin in a capsule on a full stomach he got strong tingling, stimulant effects, and almost no psychedelic effects. This was the complete opposite.

More tests will be performed later to confirm this.
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

69ron
#2 Posted : 8/24/2010 10:13:16 PM

DMT-Nexus member

It’s sort of early to be sure of anything. The test results need to be duplicated a few times before I can really say it works or not.

If it actually works, and was not a fluke, then yes it should help elemi oil quite a bit. Basically I believe the stomach acids are destroying elemicin, and once destroyed it’s being absorbed through the walls of the stomach and producing stimulant effects and no psychedelic effects. I think this is why using elemi oil in milk helps. The milk buffers the stomach acid a little and protects the elemicin enough to allow some of it to pass the stomach into the intestines where it is absorbed as elemicin. This is my theory anyway.

Another possible approach would be to take the elemi oil with antacids to prevent possible damage caused by the low pH of the stomach. A good antacid is calcium carbonate. This is both healthy (if the right amount of calcium is used) and should counter the stomach acids to a certain degree. But I don’t know how effective it is at bringing the stomach pH up. It might not be effective enough. When the stomach senses a pH rise, it produces more acid to counteract the pH rise. So taking elemi oil with calcium carbonate may only be a solution for a very short time, until the stomach makes more acid. This MAY be enough time for most of the elemicin to pass through the stomach. But I don’t know. It seems to me if this was effective enough that people would be using antacids instead of enteric coatings. So maybe it doesn’t work well enough.
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

Samadhi-Sukha-Upekkha
#3 Posted : 9/1/2010 10:07:36 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Location: Not separate from the rest of the universe. So, everywhere.
You could take an acid reducer beforehand, such as tagamet. Combining that with frequent additions of calcium carbonate may help. Just chew a tums every few minutes. But that's way less convenient than taking an enterically coated tablet, IMO.

g13juggalo
#4 Posted : 9/9/2010 5:42:10 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Hey, ron. I can't find elemi oil in any local stores. Any sites you'd recommend?
I was thinking of this site
http://www.newdirections...essential-oil-p-237.html
Their smallest size is 1/6th a fluid oz, so that means its about 5 milliliters for 2 dollars.
Also, if I got from that site, what size bottle would you recommend I get, since someone stated larger bottles have less elemicin.

azrael
#5 Posted : 9/9/2010 8:10:10 AM
DMT-Nexus member

oi, I pm'd you a supplier for elemi. 5ml/$2 is too much to pay for the experience elemi has to offer.