We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV123NEXT
Help us clean up the Nexus! Point out repeated questions, suggest threads to merge/remove, etc Options

endlessness
#21 Posted : 8/21/2010 10:12:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

clouds wrote:

(...)

hey clouds, Ive done most of the changes you suggested except for a couple of things. I decided not to completely merge all the VG threads because I felt that a too big thread will put people off from searching it.

So for now most threads of the vaporgenie are merged here: VG Vaporgenie: How to use, where to get, advantages, etc

I made a way so that the first post was mine, and in that first post Im gonna edit later to make a sum up of the most important facts about the vaporgenie (where to get, how to use, etc). Once trav is back im gonna suggest him to make a sticky

Then I merged the VG vs GVG threads and left them separate, here: VG vs GVG?

thanks for the help! Im very glad with all the suggestions you guys are bringing in!

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Steely
#22 Posted : 8/22/2010 6:51:29 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Specifics:
Hexane vs Heptane:
https://dmt-nexus.me/for...spx?g=posts&m=166393

Heptane vs Naphtha:
https://www.dmt-nexus.me...aspx?g=posts&m=41802

General Information

https://www.dmt-nexus.me...aspx?g=posts&m=11547
https://www.dmt-nexus.me...aspx?g=posts&m=12850
https://www.dmt-nexus.me....aspx?g=posts&t=3637

Nothing to be merged here, it simply would be nice to have a stickied thread entitled, "Ideal Solvents and Comparisons" or something of the sort.
Do not listen to anything, "Steely" says. He is a made up character that his owner likes to role play with. His owner is very delusional and everything he says is completely untrue and ridiculous.
Hate is the choice of a clouded mind.
-"It takes humility to remember who we are"-
"There has to be evil so that good can prove its purity above it." - Buddha

kyrolima
#23 Posted : 8/22/2010 6:54:10 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Steely wrote:
Specifics:
Hexane vs Heptane:
https://dmt-nexus.me/for...spx?g=posts&m=166393

Heptane vs Naphtha:
https://www.dmt-nexus.me...aspx?g=posts&m=41802

General Information

https://www.dmt-nexus.me...aspx?g=posts&m=11547
https://www.dmt-nexus.me...aspx?g=posts&m=12850
https://www.dmt-nexus.me....aspx?g=posts&t=3637

Nothing to be merged here, it simply would be nice to have a stickied thread entitled, "Ideal Solvents and Comparisons" or something of the sort.

would you sum it up, so we can put this in the FAQ or sticky it?
elusive illusion

TrustLoveMan
#24 Posted : 8/22/2010 4:15:12 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I don't think a rating system is really in tune with the "vibes" that, I think, the Nexus is aiming for. I think it would turn me off to get a topic voted down. Plenty of people are willing to answer questions for new members. We should just refer them to those threads were the answer is already outlined. Also, you should PM that intro with the info to the new members. This way they have it where they can easily find it. We should also work on the wiki, I think that could be a very helpful tool.
All Posts are fiction and only exist to entertain

kyrolima
#25 Posted : 8/22/2010 4:51:34 PM

DMT-Nexus member

TrustLoveMan wrote:
I don't think a rating system is really in tune with the "vibes" that, I think, the Nexus is aiming for. I think it would turn me off to get a topic voted down. Plenty of people are willing to answer questions for new members. We should just refer them to those threads were the answer is already outlined. Also, you should PM that intro with the info to the new members. This way they have it where they can easily find it. We should also work on the wiki, I think that could be a very helpful tool.

please read my whole post. I said, it doesn't have to be visible to ALL. Just for the mods to get idea!
elusive illusion

TrustLoveMan
#26 Posted : 8/22/2010 6:39:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Oh ok. There are probably a number of files that could be deleted.
All Posts are fiction and only exist to entertain

The Traveler
#27 Posted : 8/22/2010 8:16:29 PM

"No, seriously"

Administrator | Skills: DMT, LSD, Programming

All forums that keep growing at one time get these 'growing pains'.

What I see on some other fora is that they make these merged threads and call them "The Big .... thread". So for example: "The Big Vaporgenie thread". This will be of help people into the right directions.

Kind regards,

The Traveler

Steely
#28 Posted : 8/22/2010 9:03:46 PM

DMT-Nexus member

The Traveler wrote:
All forums that keep growing at one time get these 'growing pains'.

What I see on some other fora is that they make these merged threads and call them "The Big .... thread". So for example: "The Big Vaporgenie thread". This will be of help people into the right directions.

Kind regards,

The Traveler

Good point.

Hey, you know, Trav, you should be running this site.

Who ever is in charge now is doing great, but I nominate you Pleased
Do not listen to anything, "Steely" says. He is a made up character that his owner likes to role play with. His owner is very delusional and everything he says is completely untrue and ridiculous.
Hate is the choice of a clouded mind.
-"It takes humility to remember who we are"-
"There has to be evil so that good can prove its purity above it." - Buddha

Ginkgo
#29 Posted : 8/24/2010 12:33:23 AM

DMT-Nexus member

The Traveler is still running the site, but he is busy from time to time. Luckily we have many other people that contribute when he is absent! Smile

You know, I think a solution to the problem with repeated questions is to drastically update the wiki. We should have two easily searchable FAQs, where one can get the short version of a subject or if interested the whole detailed version. The wiki should also be integrated much better into the forum, one example is extending the feature we see with some words like MAOI.

Who's up for the task? The wiki is free for any member to edit, and I encourage every single one of you to contribute! Yes, that's YOU! Pleased

kemist
#30 Posted : 8/24/2010 7:00:15 AM

John

The Traveler wrote:

The Traveler

Yeah, that`s very cool.

Spent some time on bluelight researching some chemicals and it`s well organized with these Big a Dandy threads. Smile

Go for it man Cool
As a kemist I never met ILPT in physical form and never talk to him. He share his wisdom, trough my mind, telepathicly only. Please don`t prosecute me, for his possible illegal activities. He is bonkers about chemistry and doesn`t even exist in this primitive reality !!!

Explorateur
#31 Posted : 5/22/2013 9:15:01 AM

DMT-Nexus member

iracema
#32 Posted : 5/22/2013 2:11:49 PM

DMT-Nexus member

MusicTurtle
#33 Posted : 5/22/2013 2:32:33 PM

DMT-Nexus member

If only we could ensure that they will read the entore FAQ, it is a lot of basic information the need and can save a lot of time.
Good luck and as always Happy Travels
Education is what remains after one has forgotten what one has learned in school.
Albert Einstein

Journeymann
#34 Posted : 5/22/2013 4:40:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I am on board with the whole probationary membership and full members voting as it is easier for 100 pair of eyes to make reports on something to the MODs then just them have to sift through all the posts.

This is a University and not a 1/2 baked stoner forum that allows every and any who into the class rooms.

My work will be on the new members to make sure they get this Thumbs up

Full membership is a privilege and not a right by any means.

Just my .02 worth

Aegle
#35 Posted : 5/22/2013 4:45:31 PM

Cloud Whisperer

Senior Member | Skills: South African botanicals, Mushroom cultivator, Changa enthusiast, Permaculture, Counselling, Photography, Writing

Would it be possible to merge this new Permacultrue Thread with the original Permacultrue Thread? It would be greatly appreciated.

Much Peace and Happiness
The Nexus Art Gallery | The Nexian | DMT Nexus Research | The Open Hyperspace Traveler Handbook

For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love.

The fate of our times is characterised by rationalisation and intellectualisation and, above all, by the disenchantment of the world.

Following a Path of Compassion and Heart

TOXSIN
#36 Posted : 5/22/2013 11:09:51 PM

Knowledge is power, at the price of losing the bliss of ignorance

This might be impossible or too much of a hassle to code but could you like maybe before allowing a new member to post, have a program scan the search button to see for similar questions and then maybe provide them links to those threads, rather then posting their comment and then if the threads once read didn't answer their question give them the option to post the question? Or the second idea which I know can be done/is feasible but still shitty is having a mod authorize new comer posts, however as a good side to this forcing mods to read newbie posts would allow them to better know the newbies and see faster and more accurately who deserves full memebership.
Understand: Nature knows no EVIL, Nature knows no GOOD, people know these things, because we perceive these things, with the gift of senses given to us at birth. A good or bad experience is simply a bridge to a another existential time frame, so always live in the moment and make every one a positive moment!

Any and all posts or interactions are to be held as my fictional writings/short stories or dreams. I may even have some delirium setting in, I've never been tested for it. The only exception to this is the statement about nature above, I feel this is a fact!

TOXSIN
#37 Posted : 5/22/2013 11:12:42 PM

Knowledge is power, at the price of losing the bliss of ignorance

MusicTurtle wrote:
If only we could ensure that they will read the entore FAQ, it is a lot of basic information the need and can save a lot of time.

And it is possible to make someone read the faq, I've seen websites that as soon as a new member gets approved and joins, before they have access to the forum it prompts them to read the "rules" of that particular website, and I've even seen ones with times that won't let them click I agree until a certain determined time frame making sure they don't just scroll down and click accept. I've even seen ones that only let you accept if you scroll at a certain speed indicating you are reading, IE so they don't just sit on the page for 10 mins waiting for the accept terms button to appear.
Understand: Nature knows no EVIL, Nature knows no GOOD, people know these things, because we perceive these things, with the gift of senses given to us at birth. A good or bad experience is simply a bridge to a another existential time frame, so always live in the moment and make every one a positive moment!

Any and all posts or interactions are to be held as my fictional writings/short stories or dreams. I may even have some delirium setting in, I've never been tested for it. The only exception to this is the statement about nature above, I feel this is a fact!

MusicTurtle
#38 Posted : 5/22/2013 11:38:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

TOXSIN wrote:
This might be impossible or too much of a hassle to code but could you like maybe before allowing a new member to post, have a program scan the search button to see for similar questions and then maybe provide them links to those threads, rather then posting their comment and then if the threads once read didn't answer their question give them the option to post the question? Or the second idea which I know can be done/is feasible but still shitty is having a mod authorize new comer posts, however as a good side to this forcing mods to read newbie posts would allow them to better know the newbies and see faster and more accurately who deserves full memebership.

I have seen forums with this feature before. It usually asks if I still want to post instead of reading over simuliar posts.
Education is what remains after one has forgotten what one has learned in school.
Albert Einstein

MusicTurtle
#39 Posted : 5/22/2013 11:40:41 PM

DMT-Nexus member

TOXSIN wrote:
MusicTurtle wrote:

And it is possible to make someone read the faq, I've seen websites that as soon as a new member gets approved and joins, before they have access to the forum it prompts them to read the "rules" of that particular website, and I've even seen ones with times that won't let them click I agree until a certain determined time frame making sure they don't just scroll down and click accept. I've even seen ones that only let you accept if you scroll at a certain speed indicating you are reading, IE so they don't just sit on the page for 10 mins waiting for the accept terms button to appear.

Yeah, thats what I had in mind. It isnt 100% on the dot, but it could be helpfull.
Albert Einstein

joedirt
#40 Posted : 5/23/2013 1:07:41 AM

Not I

Interesting...

You brought back a 3 year old thread from the grave. Asking for merging and deleting requests for other threads....and then magically the thread picks up below you like nothing ever happened. Wut?

Rock on. Twisted Evil

If your religion, faith, devotion, or self proclaimed spirituality is not directly leading to an increase in kindness, empathy, compassion and tolerance for others then you have been misled.

PREV123NEXT