We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV123
Possibly taking a small dose of DMT daily? Options

Global
#41 Posted : 8/23/2010 1:41:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Music, LSDMT, Egyptian Visions, DMT: Energetic/Holographic Phenomena, Integration, Trip Reports

camdemonium wrote:
I am currently experimenting with small doses of fungi daily (.5g), and feel a definitive boost of energy and mood from this small dose, especially when combined with rue extract. I am doing this in hopes of making the mushroom my ally in the shamanic sense. I am interested in your idea of microdosing with spice everyday, as i have thoroughly enjoyed my microdosing of fungus. I have yet to experience a typical mushroom "trip" from these doses, yet my head is clear and my thoughts are pure and filled of love. If i am able to obtain some more spice (which isn't hard as we all know Smile ), i will give this daily microdosing a try and share with the nexus my experience.

Oh and by the way, I have met someone that take 10 hits of *true* LSD daily, and he was quite the advanced spiritual being, IMO.

You know something I realized about ayahuasca (provided you use rue) along with your fungal microdosing is that whether or not you should be consuming the psilocybin or DMT everyday is one thing, but I think it would be very unwise to be taking the rue every day. First of all, you'd have an extremely limiting diet for the entire period you'd decide to go on with the microdosing. More importantly, I've read various reports on the high neurotoxicity of harmalas, and that they're really not good for your brain at all. Camdemonium, it sounds like you aren't taking the rue every day, but I just thought I would throw that out there as a reminder.
"Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind" - Albert Einstein

"The Mighty One appears, the horizon shines. Atum appears on the smell of his censing, the Sunshine- god has risen in the sky, the Mansion of the pyramidion is in joy and all its inmates are assembled, a voice calls out within the shrine, shouting reverberates around the Netherworld." - Egyptian Book of the Dead

"Man fears time, but time fears the Pyramids" - 9th century Arab proverb

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

jamie
#42 Posted : 8/23/2010 1:46:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

Where are these reports of high neurotoxicity? Ive never read anything like that..everything Ive read has shown that harmalas are GOOD for the brain. There are other toxins in rue that are NOT harmalas, that are NOT present in manske teks..

Also..I have microdosed ayahuasca many many times for days and days and there is no required strict diet to follow unless you want to follow one for personal health reasons. Stimulants and some pharma medications etc are about the only real concerns here.
Long live the unwoke.

Global
#43 Posted : 8/23/2010 2:06:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Music, LSDMT, Egyptian Visions, DMT: Energetic/Holographic Phenomena, Integration, Trip Reports

fractal enchantment wrote:
Where are these reports of high neurotoxicity? Ive never read anything like that..everything Ive read has shown that harmalas are GOOD for the brain. There are other toxins in rue that are NOT harmalas, that are NOT present in manske teks..

Also..I have microdosed ayahuasca many many times for days and days and there is no required strict diet to follow unless you want to follow one for personal health reasons. Stimulants and some pharma medications etc are about the only real concerns here.

If you are to take the rue at least, pretty much all of protein should be eliminated from your diet, and protein is important for your body. You are probably right about the harmalas, but I was talking about the rue anyway. Also below is an excerpt from the Iranian Journal of Pharmacology and Therapeutics

"Peganum harmala L. is a plant, which grows in semi-arid rangeland. The plant is used traditionally as an emmenagogue and an abortifacient agent in the Middle East and North Africa. All parts of plant are thought to be toxic and sever intoxication occurs in domestic animals. Digestive and nervous syndromes have been observed in animals that consume sub-lethal amount of the plant. The toxicated animal appears in a narcotic state interrupted by occasional short period of excitement. Abortion is frequent in animals that digest this plant in a dry year. While this plant has traditionally been used in Middle East, it shows toxic effects in human. A case of human overdose with P. harmala seeds is reported in this paper. Symptoms experienced by our patient found to be similar to what has been reported for domestic animals."
"Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind" - Albert Einstein

"The Mighty One appears, the horizon shines. Atum appears on the smell of his censing, the Sunshine- god has risen in the sky, the Mansion of the pyramidion is in joy and all its inmates are assembled, a voice calls out within the shrine, shouting reverberates around the Netherworld." - Egyptian Book of the Dead

Imp
#44 Posted : 8/23/2010 4:13:06 PM

DMT-Nexus member

When i was younger, and more ignorant, i tried to do this, except with maoi potentiation before i blasted off. Long story short, dont use maois every day ( duh ) unless you want a hypertensive headache. It felt like someone driving a railroad spike through the back of my head, and i still am convinced i nearly died. Anyway, finally figured out it was the maois and stopped. It lasted a couple days, whenever i raised my blood pressure ( running, lifting weights ) i would start to get a very painful ( but not as bad ) feeling in the back of my head. Anyway, dont use DMT every day, dont let it get into a routine. Its supposed to be novel, special.
Come into the garden maud,
For the black bat night hath flown
and the woodbine spices are wafted abroad
and the musk of the rose is blown

soulfood
#45 Posted : 8/23/2010 4:31:22 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: DMT, Harmaloids, Bufotenine, Mescaline, Trip advice

fractal enchantment wrote:

Just to bring you up on something here. There are certainly foods to be avoided with harmaloids and everytime I hear someone say what you have, I question them on their diet. If memory serves well, you have a pretty safe diet by default, yes?

If I'm to be doing any serious work involving harmaloids, I eat only fresh fruits and vegatables and fresh fish 24 hours before. Otherwise I get a really shitty headache and a rougher experience.

endlessness
#46 Posted : 8/23/2010 4:51:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Yeah im also waiting for a trustable source about 'high neurotoxicity' of harmalas.. sounds like biiiig misinformation. How can it be, when people have consumed them for thousands of years and all sorts of scientific studies have been made showing absolutely no damage even with long-term regular use? That paper you quoted is mostly talking about toxicity in animals (which tells nothing about humans). The human overdose reports are talking about isolated cases of people ingesting up to 150 grams (!!) of syrian rue, which is like 50 times the dosage needed for MAO inhibition, and AFAIK there are no deaths reported from it. If you try drinking 50 times the amount of water you should drink in a day you'll probably die, so this says nothing about neurotoxicity. Not to mention Rue has other alkaloids which are not harmalas, so you cannot generalize about harmalas on a report about pure rue ingestion. All in all, youre very wrong to claim neurotoxicity in harmalas.

Soulfood.. I feel there is no need for a diet involving harmalas. Researches have shown that RIMAs do not interact with tyramine. I think bad effects from harmalas+certain food might have to do more with other things such a psychedelic-enhanced remorse of conscience due to having eaten unhealthily/heavily which is then somatized, or the general fact that mixing alkaloids which are already a big work on the stomach (and probably naturally induce a 'poison-response'Pleased + heavy food is of course a recipe for a rough time. By the way, do you wear glasses? I was talking to Obliguhl who was mentioning headaches during psychedelic experiences but it came up the fact that he had certain eye conditions, so I was thinking in his case this might be an important factor.

soulfood
#47 Posted : 8/23/2010 6:36:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

endlessness wrote:

Soulfood.. I feel there is no need for a diet involving harmalas. Researches have shown that RIMAs do not interact with tyramine. I think bad effects from harmalas+certain food might have to do more with other things such a psychedelic-enhanced remorse of conscience due to having eaten unhealthily/heavily which is then somatized, or the general fact that mixing alkaloids which are already a big work on the stomach (and probably naturally induce a 'poison-response'Pleased + heavy food is of course a recipe for a rough time. By the way, do you wear glasses? I was talking to Obliguhl who was mentioning headaches during psychedelic experiences but it came up the fact that he had certain eye conditions, so I was thinking in his case this might be an important factor.

Be that as it may but the reaction I get from said combo is unique to harmaloids and I have never experienced this with another psychedelic. I'm certainly not going to alter my process because of some tests that some people did that did not include me. I' would also be very surprised if I was alone on this one. By the fact that I can eliminate this effect by watching what I eat just seems to point in one direction for me.

As far as I'm aware I have perfect 20/20 vision and these headaches aren't of that frontal nature anyway. They effect the very top side of my head so I'm 100% sure it has nothing to do with eye strain.

endlessness
#48 Posted : 8/23/2010 6:54:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Interesting about the eye.. Thanks for the info. So thats not whats happening in your case.

And oh yeah soulfood I never meant to suggest you shouldnt take care of your eating habbits.. In fact, I think the message ayahuasca gives is the oposite: Take care of your eating habits, not only before ingesting, but every day of your life Smile Its important that you do exactly as you feel is right for you!

Personally I dont really change my eating habits when taking aya because my diet already consists of light vegetarian food (except for the occasional more heavy curry/beans, which I avoid during aya days). All I was saying is that there is a certain exageration (not talking about you, its a general comment) that people have regarding MAOI and tyramine, which leads to a lot of people that dont know better, becoming very paranoid about this and being obsessive about their diets. Each one to their own, though, I just want to show that it isnt necessarily so. I think its a case of good sense: Eat light when taking psychedelics and you'll do fine Smile

soulfood
#49 Posted : 8/23/2010 7:05:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

endlessness wrote:

Personally I dont really change my eating habits when taking aya because my diet already consists of light vegetarian food (except for the occasional more heavy curry/beans, which I avoid during aya days).

This is exactly where my original point is coming from though. A lot of the folk here evidently have a good diet/lifestyle which complements use of this medicine. To them, of course there's not going to be any side effects, which is why it's important not to swear by your own experiences based on your diet, when the rest of the world is eating ribs out of a bucket.

I eat pretty good on the whole. Mostly fresh stuff, no junk, snacks etc. But more often than not I'm cooking for others that don't share my tastes and request junk comfort food once in a while and making a few different meals in one evening is just plain inconvenient.

endlessness
#50 Posted : 8/23/2010 7:07:50 PM

DMT-Nexus member

yep you're right, sorry for the self-obsessed post not considering that others might have troubles and that I should actually suppose that people do eat bad generally and not healthily, and therefore a specific aya diet might not be a bad idea (Still, just to note, I think it has to be light food, but not really related to tyramine content) Smile

camdemonium
#51 Posted : 8/23/2010 7:40:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

@gobalswg: I should have clarified that I am smoking 10x rue extract and not ingesting it orally. Either way the dangers associated with this substance are extremely misled and IMO completely unnecessary.
Om Mani Padme Hum

Global
#52 Posted : 8/23/2010 9:53:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

camdemonium wrote:
@gobalswg: I should have clarified that I am smoking 10x rue extract and not ingesting it orally. Either way the dangers associated with this substance are extremely misled and IMO completely unnecessary.

Yeah I understand the whole exaggeration factor, but I'd rather be safe than sorry since we really don't know.

PREV123