We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV17181920NEXT
Resin. The way to go. Options

deamsterphile
#361 Posted : 5/3/2010 6:11:36 PM
DMT-Nexus member

SWIM tried evaping resin water in 2 glass baking pans over the period of 4 days.

just sitting in a room with no heat and only a little fan

liquid did barely reduced 15%

and mold had began growing on the surface of the resin water

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Ginkgo
#362 Posted : 5/3/2010 6:39:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Of course mold began growing if you didn't apply any heat, and of course the evaporation takes forever without any heat. You can't just leave the tea out in the open and yield resin. Oven at 80-100 C is the way I do it.

IcerX
#363 Posted : 5/24/2010 9:19:44 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I have always considered and debated evaporating tea down to tar and making little mescaline resin 'candies'... Glad to know others are having success, I am definitely going to try this soon and will post results/recipe. I will probably pass on the gel caps and instead just use sugar or candy 'sour powder' to make edible pellets... or potentially coat in chocolate and let harden similar to shroom chocolates.

Random question, potentially a stupid/obvious one - can effects be gained from smoking this resin? I imagine the other alkaloids in an achuma resin may be active smoked, as well as the mescaline, but that's just my idle speculation...

endlessness
#364 Posted : 5/24/2010 9:34:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

im not sure if you can smoke mescaline salts... though some alkaloid salts may be smokable, a lot of them arent...

I would definitely not recommend making resin into edible pellets, if you are thinking on sucking on them or chewing/biting. First because of its very hard alien taffy-like consistence, secondly because of the horrible horrible taste. Better just roll it into small pellets and coat with flour and swallow it straight (or maybe thats what you meant? but the chocolate idea is not a good one I would say)

pau
#365 Posted : 5/24/2010 9:48:29 PM

DMT-Nexus member

heard that the "thick liquid" stage as it's evaoporating down, a bit before it reaches the "resin" stage, is way more palatable than a run-of-the-mill cactal gagshake. Plus, there would be very little liquid to down. Could save some time, and having to mess around with caps.
VERY "rich" experience, it is said, just like resin itself.
WHOA!

Gir
#366 Posted : 5/25/2010 5:11:37 PM

Gir

pau wrote:
heard that the "thick liquid" stage as it's evaoporating down, a bit before it reaches the "resin" stage, is way more palatable than a run-of-the-mill cactal gagshake. Plus, there would be very little liquid to down. Could save some time, and having to mess around with caps.
VERY "rich" experience, it is said, just like resin itself.

Are you talking about the snot stage?? That stage is awful.

I love resin.

best easiest method for this.

Little candies sounded like a GREAT idea.
Lets go extract something together Smile

house wrote:
19:10:05 ‹house› mama aya gave me lego man eye healers

Smoke Spice, NOW

Gir likes to tell lies, and the truth, but gir cant even tell the difference between them...

http://www.thevenusproject.com/index.phpTHIS IS THE VENUS PROJECT.

obliguhl
#367 Posted : 5/25/2010 6:50:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

What i don't like about the process is, that you have to literally cook the stuff for DAYS to get everything out...

pau
#368 Posted : 5/25/2010 7:00:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member

no, I was referrering to the stage just before it turns resinous. At that point, it is a "thick liquid" in which the revolting bitterness of the snot-stage has been cooked and evaporated out. I discovered this while reading an ancient Chavin text ... basically a long time ago somebody was just getting bored and impatient while resinmaking, and wanted to speed things along, so decided to skip the additional cooking and gelcapping stages (back then they used a seed pod for the gelcaps). By slightly reliquifying the "thick liquid" that was in the author's pot, it turned out that the resultant drink was quite palatable and remarkably different than the snot it began as many hours earlier. At that point the ancient text got really interesting, when the author travelled to distant galaxies for several days without any ill-effects, and was even able to commute to his earth-job, and none of his co-workers knew what was going on.
WHOA!

Astralking
#369 Posted : 7/1/2010 2:41:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Whats the best way to evap the water in the oven after the simmering has been completed?

I read it somewhere before but i wanted to ask to make SURE that i didn't put the heat too high and loose some of my mecsaline!
No drug, not even alcohol, causes the fundamental ills of society. If we're looking for the source of our troubles, we shouldn't test people for drugs, we should test them for stupidity, ignorance, greed and love of power. ~P.J. O'Rourke

soulfood
#370 Posted : 7/1/2010 2:42:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: DMT, Harmaloids, Bufotenine, Mescaline, Trip advice

I put my oven on fan setting at 70c. That works great.

Astralking
#371 Posted : 7/1/2010 11:49:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

man. my fan has no such setting! haha. Did you leave the door open/closed? incase i find a friend that does Smile
No drug, not even alcohol, causes the fundamental ills of society. If we're looking for the source of our troubles, we shouldn't test people for drugs, we should test them for stupidity, ignorance, greed and love of power. ~P.J. O'Rourke

idtravlr
#372 Posted : 8/20/2010 8:13:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

1.) Is there any preparation of the cactus required other than slicing it up? In particular should the core and skin be removed?

2.) Can someone elaborate on dosing levels of this resin? Is it similar to that of extracted mesc, or much higher? All the tek says is to roll the resin up and put into capsules. What size and how many capsules equal a typical dose?

Thanks for any help!

Peace,
-idt
I am not a drug addict seeking escape from reality. I am an explorer of consciousness challenging consensus reality.

…is DMT dangerous? The answer is only if you fear death by astonishment… [crowd laughter]… Remember how you laughed when this possibility was raised… a moment will come that will wipe the smile right off your face.
-Terence McKenna

dg
#373 Posted : 8/20/2010 8:19:22 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Cacti expert

1. for resin, prolly want to remove skin, spines,core
2. really depends on the cacti. for sure you will eat alot more than 3-400mg like you would with extracted material. start small and work your way up to be safe Smile

soulfood
#374 Posted : 8/20/2010 8:32:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: DMT, Harmaloids, Bufotenine, Mescaline, Trip advice

I've heard doses range between 1 and 15g for threshold effects.

Mostly for me it's 10-15 for a good, bordering on full blown experience.

endlessness
#375 Posted : 8/20/2010 9:08:38 PM

DMT-Nexus member

maybe some people remove some parts but all the times I did the cactus resin, I made no preparation at all, I just cut up the cactus in small pieces with all parts included (spines, core, everthing), and simmered maybe 4-5x for a couple of hours each, with half a lemon squeezed each time. It works perfectly, I had no nausea at all, it was nicely potent (as described below).

Just so you can more or less compare to whatever results you have (and let us know after!), once I used a 1,7kg 50cm san pedro cutting, and that yielded 65g of resin, where 5g was a nice empathic dose (perfect for watching a concert for example, very good to connect to others socially), 10g was an average nice psychedelic dose.

The way I did to consume was to make it in small pellets (0.5g each), roll in flour and swallow it like a pill followed by some water. This way its not hard on the stomach and you feel no taste. It hits in about 2:30 hours. If the pellets are bigger, its not as effective, takes longer to hit, is harder on the stomach.

good luck

obliguhl
#376 Posted : 8/20/2010 9:15:10 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Remove the waxy layer, make slices...cook, reduce...then you might want to add acetone to preciptate some junk out...reduce further to resin consistency.

idtravlr
#377 Posted : 8/25/2010 5:53:38 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey guys. A delayed thanks for the feedback on tek and dosage!^^

Glad I asked because I had no idea the resin dosage was that much higher than a full extract.

endlessness - Thanks for all the detail too. I will most certainly report back when finished and bio-assayed.

obliguhl - Thanks for the tip on the acetone.

Peace,
-idt
I am not a drug addict seeking escape from reality. I am an explorer of consciousness challenging consensus reality.

…is DMT dangerous? The answer is only if you fear death by astonishment… [crowd laughter]… Remember how you laughed when this possibility was raised… a moment will come that will wipe the smile right off your face.
-Terence McKenna

Eluna
#378 Posted : 11/23/2010 5:31:01 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I've got a few questions

1) After completing the simmer(s) and straining, you would be left with liquid, do you reduce this liquid any further in the pot or just go straight to evaporating?

2) While simmering, do you top up with more water?

3) I don't quite understand how to use a food dehydrator to do this, all the ones i found have trays that are a bit too skinny to fit my pyrex dish in..

Eluna
#379 Posted : 11/25/2010 5:10:25 AM

DMT-Nexus member

also how big chunks are we talking?

Stars?

Stars in quarters?

obliguhl
#380 Posted : 11/25/2010 9:14:05 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I used to reduce in the pot quite heavily. I also changed the water out completely. Nowadays i would propably cut out the core and simmer only the green and white flash to make it more potent. Before ingestion i would also hack up the resin into very small balls to enhance digestion.

Smaller chunks are propably better yield wise put harder to handle after a long cook session as the tend to get very slimy...

«PREV17181920NEXT