We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV123NEXT
Possibly taking a small dose of DMT daily? Options

Global
#21 Posted : 8/15/2010 6:15:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Music, LSDMT, Egyptian Visions, DMT: Energetic/Holographic Phenomena, Integration, Trip Reports

Pesma wrote:
Not really, we're talking about two different classes of chemicals here. Although it's clear that DMT is present in the human brain, it's not really known when it's produced, how frequently, and what triggers production. It's likely that endrogenous DMT production is not a regular event, but triggered by certain physiological conditions.

I disagree that endogenous DMT production is not a regular event. My belief is that it is a very regular event, but the body through the use of the beta-carbolines (MAO's) mitigates its effects, so even though it's constantly being produced, it's being counteracted more quickly than it can act. I think on the more daily basis during REM sleep, the DMT normally present in the body can somehow counteract the MAO's more efficiently than during waking consciousness. Likewise can be said for other endogenous DMT-triggering events throughout life.
"Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind" - Albert Einstein

"The Mighty One appears, the horizon shines. Atum appears on the smell of his censing, the Sunshine- god has risen in the sky, the Mansion of the pyramidion is in joy and all its inmates are assembled, a voice calls out within the shrine, shouting reverberates around the Netherworld." - Egyptian Book of the Dead

"Man fears time, but time fears the Pyramids" - 9th century Arab proverb

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Eden
#22 Posted : 8/15/2010 6:15:34 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Shadowlord wrote:
Aya, Santo D'aime or smoked DMT can be used often if needed but I don't think it is something to taken like a supplement or as a morning coffee. Just don't think the healing is in that kind of administration.

I agree, but intent plays a huge role in what the goal of the supplement is.
Coffee is a useful supplement for acquiring extra energy for the day and added mental stimulation.
One could use DMT as a supplement for continual spiritual searching and philosophical thought. It isn't so holy as to be above the title of a supplement.

Shadowlord wrote:
But this is all just my random thoughts on the subject. I am no expert in any way. Laughing

Hey, we are all experts of our own experience, what else can we provide? Very happy

x1balba
#23 Posted : 8/15/2010 7:45:40 PM
DMT-Nexus member

soulfood wrote:
You really think one small dose of DMT a day is going to be problematic? We're talking a very short duration at a tiny dose here where it's mainly a very small afterglow that integrates into the rest of the day rather than a full blown psychedelic experience. I think there's going to be way less negative effect than for example, daily cannabis use.

Also all this "with the wrong person" stuff is just an easy shortcut avoiding the question. How many of us are actually that wrong person? I'd guess at a very small percentage and I'd also guess that that wrong person would be at far greater risk blasting off with 50-60mg once, than having small 10mg doses daily.

I have no basis for my statements, it's simply my opinion. I also stated that I could very well be wrong, and that I personally wouldn't use DMT or any other psychedelic on a daily basis for an extended period of time, regardless of the amount. And yes, "the wrong person" could be at far greater risk with a full blown blast off as opposed to small daily doses. But we still need to consider the possibility that not everyone is of a completely sound mental and/or physical state. A few spaced out 50mg doses might not have the same mental effect on a person as a constant 30 day usage of only 10mg. While only some residual effects would be felt at a small dosage, I think it would decrease the value as a healing agent when used in this manner. As has been stated, the motivations for this would be in question, which would in turn put the user's mental state into question. If they are doing so with a set time frame in mind to achieve a specific healing purpose, then it retains it's value as a healing tool, and I don't see a problem with using it in this way. This theory of small supplemental doses could indeed be highly beneficial for the user. But when examining something of this nature, I feel it's necessary to consider all the possibilities of doing so, rather then just saying to one's self, "oh, this will be fine". I feel that a person should consider their reasoning for wanting to do something, with a clear purpose in mind, rather then just a blind attempt.

Again, I could be totally wrong in my opinion. I'm simply taking this from personal experiences. Like the sticker on my laptop says, "Question the Answers".
Anything stated above is a work of pure fiction. The delusional author is writing a story about his imaginary friends. The author does not condone nor participate in any illegal activities. Anything said by the author should not be attempted, taken seriously, or believed. Enjoy the story.

It seems like everyone is sleep-walking through their waking state or wake-walking through their dreams. -Waking Life

universecannon
#24 Posted : 8/15/2010 8:22:25 PM

Moderator | Skills: harmalas, melatonin, trip advice, lucid dreaming

Do what you feel

If microdosing dmt every once in a while works for you, for that period of time, then go for it. It is very recalibrating when used this way in meditation/yoga daily.. It opens your energies and perceptions and in my opinion is very useful like this for a week or so. I don't really see how people can come to think of that as disrespectful, or habit forming, or 'like coffee'..Im sure it can degrade into use like that, but its not often seen with dmt..but if it becomes a sort of crutch that way then its obvious you should give it a rest.

Everyone has a different relationship with it.. so trying to overlap yours with theirs and then coming to a diagnosis isn't usually going to work.

"Most likely, any mood uplift / difference in sleep quality is simply placebo effect."

And you came to this conclusion how?

<Ringworm>hehehe, it's all fun and games till someone loses an "I"

BananaForeskin
#25 Posted : 8/15/2010 9:43:27 PM

I Eat Plant Magic

I used to use DMT to fight cluster headaches, I don't see why it can't be used as a medicine like many things.
¤ø¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø¸„ø¤º¨

.^.^.^.^.^.^(0)=õ

jamie
#26 Posted : 8/15/2010 9:57:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

Pesma wrote:
Although physically a small dose like that daily probably won't have any negative effects, you have to wonder what your motivations for making this into a daily routine really are. Most likely, any mood uplift / difference in sleep quality is simply placebo effect.

We only meet so many psychoactive compounds in our life... do you really want to reduce DMT to the level of a caffeine, pick-me-up type of relationship?

Have fun telling that to a real shaman. Dont confuse dieta with a daily coffee addiction.
Long live the unwoke.

jamie
#27 Posted : 8/15/2010 9:58:49 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

Pesma wrote:
Not really, we're talking about two different classes of chemicals here. Although it's clear that DMT is present in the human brain, it's not really known when it's produced, how frequently, and what triggers production. It's likely that endrogenous DMT production is not a regular event, but triggered by certain physiological conditions.

DMT is present in the human body at ALL times. It is also NOT clear that DMT is ever present in the human brain besides when you ingest it or smoke it. Where are you getting this from? There is NO proof at all that endogenous DMT occurs in the brain.
Long live the unwoke.

Pesma
#28 Posted : 8/18/2010 6:36:43 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Fractal, it's pretty well established DMT is indeed endogenous in the human brain.

Sources:

Tsung-Ping Su, Teruo Hayashi and D. Bruce Vaupel (10 March 2009)
Science Signaling 2 (61), pe12. [DOI: 10.1126/scisignal.261pe12]

J.V. Wallach, Endogenous hallucinogens as ligands of the trace amine receptors: A possible role in sensory perception, Medical Hypotheses, Volume 72, Issue 1, January 2009, Pages 91-94, ISSN 0306-9877, DOI: 10.1016/j.mehy.2008.07.052.

+many more

I quote:
"N,N-Dimethyltryptamine (DMT), 5-hydroxy N,N-dimethyltryptamine (bufotenine) and 5-methoxy-N,N-dimethyltryptamine (5-MeO-DMT) have long been accepted as naturally occurring components of human blood, brain and cerebral spinal fluid [1], [23], [27] and [28] B.S. Angrist, G. Gershon and R.W. Sathananthan et al., Dimethyltryptamine levels in blood of schizophrenic patients and control subjects, Psychopharmacology 47 (1976), pp. 29–32.(10)[28]."

SnozzleBerry
#29 Posted : 8/18/2010 7:52:04 PM

omnia sunt communia!

Moderator | Skills: Growing (plants/mushrooms), Research, Extraction troubleshooting, Harmalas, Revolution (theory/practice)

Pesma wrote:
Fractal, it's pretty well established DMT is indeed endogenous in the human brain.

Sources:

Tsung-Ping Su, Teruo Hayashi and D. Bruce Vaupel (10 March 2009)
Science Signaling 2 (61), pe12. [DOI: 10.1126/scisignal.261pe12]

J.V. Wallach, Endogenous hallucinogens as ligands of the trace amine receptors: A possible role in sensory perception, Medical Hypotheses, Volume 72, Issue 1, January 2009, Pages 91-94, ISSN 0306-9877, DOI: 10.1016/j.mehy.2008.07.052.

+many more

I quote:
"N,N-Dimethyltryptamine (DMT), 5-hydroxy N,N-dimethyltryptamine (bufotenine) and 5-methoxy-N,N-dimethyltryptamine (5-MeO-DMT) have long been accepted as naturally occurring components of human blood, brain and cerebral spinal fluid [1], [23], [27] and [28] B.S. Angrist, G. Gershon and R.W. Sathananthan et al., Dimethyltryptamine levels in blood of schizophrenic patients and control subjects, Psychopharmacology 47 (1976), pp. 29–32.(10)[28]."

Pesma, pretty well established by who? in what source??? The sources you posted have nothing to do with endogenous DMT being created in the brain. Where in the brain are you postulating it originates? It has been shown that DMT cannot form in the pineal gland as INMT is not present. The presence of DMT in the "blood, brain and cerebral spinal fluid" in no way proves that it originates in the brain.
WikiAttitudeFAQ
The NexianNexus ResearchThe OHT
In New York, we wrote the legal number on our arms in marker...To call a lawyer if we were arrested.
In Istanbul, People wrote their blood types on their arms. I hear in Egypt, They just write Their names.
גם זה יעבור

Pesma
#30 Posted : 8/21/2010 12:33:11 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Snozzleberry, if you'll reread my posts you'll see I never stated that DMT is created in the brain. I was refuting Fractal Enchantment's claim that DMT is not normally present in the human brain. I'm not postulating anything about where it originates -- that's a topic I (sadly) know next to nothing about.

Eden
#31 Posted : 8/21/2010 12:36:09 AM

DMT-Nexus member

endogenous : Biology . growing or developing from within; originating within.

Pesma
#32 Posted : 8/21/2010 12:55:48 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Bah, I've made a mess of things.

Allow me to revise: my sentence should have said "DMT is indeed endogenous* AND found in the human brain."

*Endogenous in the sense of "produced somewhere in the human body"

Thanks for keeping me honest, this is terminology I'm not used to using Embarrased Sorry for any confusion

Caen
#33 Posted : 8/21/2010 1:30:35 AM

O.o

I don't think I am understanding the why factor in micro dosing DMT/Aya in this thread.
I do think if taken daily one will build resilience and eventually depending on how long it consists, the micro part will have to be compromised to achieve any effect.
The most merciful thing in the world... is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents.
~H. P. Lovecraft~

Global
#34 Posted : 8/21/2010 4:27:49 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Music, LSDMT, Egyptian Visions, DMT: Energetic/Holographic Phenomena, Integration, Trip Reports

I don't know how resilient you may get. It's been shown that DMT presents no tolerance for the most part. I understand that often times people will have to lay off in order to get breakthrough experience, but I wonder if that has more to do with some psychological factor more so than a tolerance to the chemical itself. Also the microdosing probably wouldn't present any of the so-called "tolerance" that the breakthrough sized doses may accompany. Just my educated guess though.
"Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind" - Albert Einstein

"The Mighty One appears, the horizon shines. Atum appears on the smell of his censing, the Sunshine- god has risen in the sky, the Mansion of the pyramidion is in joy and all its inmates are assembled, a voice calls out within the shrine, shouting reverberates around the Netherworld." - Egyptian Book of the Dead

"Man fears time, but time fears the Pyramids" - 9th century Arab proverb

jamie
#35 Posted : 8/21/2010 4:30:26 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Caen wrote:
I don't think I am understanding the why factor in micro dosing DMT/Aya in this thread.
I do think if taken daily one will build resilience and eventually depending on how long it consists, the micro part will have to be compromised to achieve any effect.

Nope. You can drink ayahuasca daily and it just gets stronger man. You can drink again right after ceremony and go right back..you can drink and drink...
Long live the unwoke.

Caen
#36 Posted : 8/21/2010 5:09:53 AM

O.o

fractal enchantment wrote:
Caen wrote:

Nope. You can drink ayahuasca daily and it just gets stronger man. You can drink again right after ceremony and go right back..you can drink and drink...

Wow very interesting to know. Does it potentiate the purge process too as well though?
The most merciful thing in the world... is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents.
~H. P. Lovecraft~

Autodidactic
#37 Posted : 8/21/2010 5:13:38 AM

DMT-Nexus member

fractal enchantment wrote:
Caen wrote:

Yeah, that is pretty cool ayahuasca can be taken over and over again, SWIM hasn't had any experience with ayahuasca yet, but it's definitely something SWIM wants to try eventually.
*The above text represents a fictional alter ego, none of it is based on the experiences of a real person.*

"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone else's opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation." Oscar Wilde

D_Juggz
#38 Posted : 8/21/2010 9:14:15 AM

Dr Do Little

I think when it comes down to it man, whenever you have a doubt or a question about an entheogen, ASK THE PLANT ASK THE PLANT ASKTHEPLANT!.
Smile
She knows whats best. Also, listen to what your body tells you, if it has had enough, you will know.

Blessings,
D
The hardest thing of all is to find a black cat in a dark room, especially if there is no cat.
-Confucius

"Under the skin of our lives; somewhere deep and early, forgotten, we all share the same dreams"

camdemonium
#39 Posted : 8/23/2010 8:44:18 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I am currently experimenting with small doses of fungi daily (.5g), and feel a definitive boost of energy and mood from this small dose, especially when combined with rue extract. I am doing this in hopes of making the mushroom my ally in the shamanic sense. I am interested in your idea of microdosing with spice everyday, as i have thoroughly enjoyed my microdosing of fungus. I have yet to experience a typical mushroom "trip" from these doses, yet my head is clear and my thoughts are pure and filled of love. If i am able to obtain some more spice (which isn't hard as we all know Smile ), i will give this daily microdosing a try and share with the nexus my experience.

Oh and by the way, I have met someone that take 10 hits of *true* LSD daily, and he was quite the advanced spiritual being, IMO.
Om Mani Padme Hum

azrael
#40 Posted : 8/23/2010 9:13:45 AM
DMT-Nexus member

OP: it can and has been done, you will be fine.

Consider setting up a time-frame before hand so that you are not swept away, i.e. small dose daily for X days/weeks then stop completely to integrate. Don't be afraid to stop early if anything in your daily life is affected negatively, keep your priorities straight.

Please remember to take a moment before each launch and remind yourself that what you are doing is still a very big deal, even if it's your 30th day in a row. Be mindful each and every time.

Maybe keep a journal too?

PREV123NEXT