We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
Blue lotus? Options

Hermes
#1 Posted : 8/15/2010 9:11:15 PM

Hermes Trismegistus

Anyone have experience with this plant? I have 5g of dried blue lotus and was wondering how to use it best. I've read about smoking sometimes having mild effects, I have tried this. Can't say I felt much at all. I've also read the best way to use it is to soak it in wine for a few days then eat it. I would like to know if anyone has had a positive experience with this plant. Thanks.
What does it mean to exist?

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

neverwas
#2 Posted : 8/15/2010 9:23:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I've been using it lately. Smoking a fat joint of it worked but was affected minimally. It felt like a much milder version of the first few feeling of smoked cannibus. It lasted Under an hour an hour and upon being sober I felt a slight headache. If this is not an extract, which mine isn't either, your effects will be about the same. I've also added it to my tea. It has a pleasent but strange taste. Doesn't seem to do much like this but I drink it before bed in hopes of stimulating my dreams. Which it might be though I can't say with any certainty.

5g isn't enough sadly. It's a rather weak compound. You may have to smoke it all. Or try the wine thing. I'm curiosu about that. I have enough that I could do an extraction on it and make it worthwhile. But what you have might not go over so well. Perhaps smoke a blunt of the stuff? 2g should be enough to feel something.
My name is love, for I am without fear

shoe
#3 Posted : 8/15/2010 10:15:24 PM

DMT-Nexus member

i mentioned this on another thread, but you should obtain some blue lotus hash as it makes a cracking tea. I used it to successfully treat myself for anxiety.
shoe

ॐ भूर्भुव: स्व: तत्सवितुर्वरेण्यं । भर्गो देवस्य धीमहि, धीयो यो न: प्रचोदयात्
Love, Gratittude, Compassion, Fearlessness!

State of the Mind
#4 Posted : 8/24/2010 7:50:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I find that blue lotus can be useful as shoe said to help anxiety and I have smoked blue lotus before smoking DMT, to cure any pre-travels anxiety I have. However I find that recreationally Blue lotus does not have very much value on it's own. For me, it just produces a lazy type state of mind and a general CBA feeling that lasts a good 24 hours after smoking. This herb doesn't have any real value to me, I only explored it when searching for a cannabis alternative and I came to the conclusion that it falls miles short. However, this is a very valued herb in my changa recipes

I find that to get a noticeable effect, at least 300mg has to be smoked. As a result I would recommend you make an extract, which can be simply done by soaking 4g blue lotus in ISO for a good few days, filtering and then evaporating onto a gram of blue lotus. Effectively making 5x Blue lotus. This way you are smoking far less to get effects.

I would recommend that if you want to use blue lotus to obtain the best effect, I recommend that you combine it with alcohol or cannabis as it seems that the combination potentates both.
People spend their lives searching for perfect moments and fail to see, that there are many unappreciated perfect moments everyday that are overlooked.

pau
#5 Posted : 8/24/2010 8:20:33 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I've started experimenting with the 2 "Blue Lotuses"....so hard to keep these completely different herbs straight due to the similarities between them and even inadvertant vendor mis-information floating around out there.
Sacred Lotus aka Pink Lotus and also unfortunately aka "Blue Lotus" is Nelumbo nucifera and is a very, very different experience from the other guy,
(Egyptian) Blue Lotus which is really a water lilly Nymphaea caerulea, not a lotus.
To oversimplify, using 1960's terminology, the latter is more of a downer, but also more tactile and even aphrodesiac which is evidently why the ancient Egyptians liked it so much, whereas the former is more of a mental upper, and even a meditation aid...it is the Lotus from Homer's Odessey, the Land of the Lotus Eaters.
Reports indicate the 2 Lotuses don't mix well together...which makes sense as they would seem to lead you in totally different directions.
I've made a tea from both...hot water extraction from Nymphae petals (they really are blue) requires a lot of material...a few teabags worth in my opinion...to get an effect. The Nelumbo tea did not work for me with a heaping teaspoon of material (use the stamens, most reports say!), and then I found out about the alcohol extraction. So yesterdat I got out my Armenian brandy and blender...and am letting a few tablespoons of powdered stamens soak up the goodness in the brandy, or perhaps it is the other way around, for the next week. I did try some of the brew after just an hour of soaking, and did notice a buzz from it, but I'm sure it wasn't long enough to give it a chance.
WHOA!

State of the Mind
#6 Posted : 8/24/2010 9:10:38 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I have found that to get the best effects from blue lotus, you should combine alcohol with blue lotus. I don't believe in any way that you have to go through the process of soaking your blue lotus in wine, as many people suggest. Just take them both separately. However I would recommend for best results, smoking / ingesting a blue lotus before drinking, it seems to make the combination more potent this way.
People spend their lives searching for perfect moments and fail to see, that there are many unappreciated perfect moments everyday that are overlooked.

hyperspacing
#7 Posted : 8/24/2010 9:35:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

IMO the only real way to use these plants is in addition to a changa blend or enhanced leaf. They add a wonderful effect to the experience. Don't take my word for it, just give it a shot. Very happy
-Close your eyes, See the light, and feel the sunshine in the shade

~All views, ideas and opinions of this user are strictly fictional and in no way represent an act done in reality.

Phlux-
#8 Posted : 8/26/2010 1:04:51 PM

The Root

Chemical expertSenior Member

just gota toss it out there 1 more time - just so u all arent as wrong as the vendors
there is no such thing as a blue lotus
its blue water lilly - nymphea cerulae
lotus is nelumbo nucifera and its pink.
antrocles wrote:
...purity of intent....purity of execution....purity of experience...

...unlike the "blind leading the blind". we are more akin to a group of blind-from-birth people who have all simultaneously been given the gift of sight but have no words or mental processing capabilites to work with this new "gift".

IT IS ONLY TO THE EXTENT THAT WE ARE WILLING TO EXPOSE OURSELVES OVER AND OVER AGAIN TO ANNIHILATION THAT WE DISCOVER THAT PART OF OURSELVES THAT IS INDESTRUCTIBLE.

Quote:
‹Jorkest› the wall is impenetrable as far as i can tell

Quote:
‹xtechre› cheese is great

He who packs ur capsules - controls your destiny.

ms_manic_minxx
#9 Posted : 8/26/2010 4:10:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

There is pink and blue nelumbo nucifera, I thought?

Lotus is great mixed with cannabis (NO paranoia!!), in a changa blend, or just by itself (it tastes like birthday cake!!).

Lotus can also be steeped in wine...

It's very empathic, and opens up the heart chakra. Great for meditating! Smile
Some things will come easy, some will be a test

azrael
#10 Posted : 8/26/2010 8:56:25 PM
DMT-Nexus member

birthday cake Laughing

with only 5g you'd do best smoking it. try about a gram before bed and check out your headspace while lying still in the dark. a little bit of alcohol synergizes nicely. it's a different kind of high than pot, mildy psychedelic at best on it's own.

with more than 5g eating it is my favorite method, raw powder toss n wash. I don't like the taste of it as tea. Don't see a reason to do the wine soak if you can just eat it and then drink your wine too. Was going to go for an acetone extract etc, but eating it raw is easy enough.

also, the part of the plant you get will effect the potency. I had fresh petals once and they worked great with just one bowl. Now I have old/dried mix of flowers, stamens, some leaf and after two full bowls (which aren't as tasty) just isn't really cutting it.

So you could eat what you have, but it might be a weaker batch and you'd only be wasting it so smoking is the most surefire way. I like the 5x extract idea.

neverwas
#11 Posted : 8/26/2010 9:58:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Quick question, what percentage alcohol shoul I be lookin for in regards to IPA? I want to make an extract.

State of the Mind
#12 Posted : 8/26/2010 10:58:08 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I wouldn't worry too much about it. However ISO is fairy cheap so I would get ISO that is as pure as possible, within reason. In my country on eBay, 1 litre of 99.4% ISO is 5 pounds. Very happy

azrael
#13 Posted : 8/27/2010 2:37:26 AM
DMT-Nexus member

higher % of ipa means faster evaporation time. the excess is water and that takes a while longer. also a higher % will mean more efficient pulls from your starting material, though if you have lower % you can just do more pulls.

neverwas
#14 Posted : 8/27/2010 2:59:19 AM

DMT-Nexus member

So what would be the rundown of procedure if I were tryin to maybe make a 50x? I think I still have 51g. Soak, strain, soak final material and evaporate? How many pulls you think with 91%?

Samadhi-Sukha-Upekkha
#15 Posted : 9/1/2010 10:05:40 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Location: Not separate from the rest of the universe. So, everywhere.
If you're going to make a crazy strong concentration like 50x, you may as well just make a resin by evapping the solvent in a flat evaporating dish and then scraping it up. If you tried to deposit 50 times the normal amount of IPA-soluble compounds onto blue lotus, you would probably get more of a sticky mess than an enhanced leaf.

neverwas
#16 Posted : 9/1/2010 10:14:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

That's what I thought. So I put maybe 50g in a bottle of 90% IPA and I'll be Shaking it off and on for the next month. I still think it'd be funny to have some 50x tho. It doesn't taste so great at high concentrations though. Kinda like cactus tea.

Dimitrius
#17 Posted : 9/2/2010 5:28:27 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Morbiddoctor wrote:
So what would be the rundown of procedure if I were tryin to maybe make a 50x? I think I still have 51g. Soak, strain, soak final material and evaporate? How many pulls you think with 91%?

I've made an 11x and that was pretty icky sticky...of course, it had full-spec spice in it also...stuck to the sides of the plastic bottle, but wasn't that bad. Soooo....maybe just have a really resiny 50x leaf, or do what Samadhi-Sukha-Upekkha said and make a resin. From my experience, I know that a resin is not easy to work with. It bubbles up and hardens into a mass, more and more after each hit. If you mix it with a bowl of bud of leaf, it will turn the whole bowl into a cake that needs to be broken up repeatedly...especially near the end of the bowl. Requires a tool. All in all, resin is moderately effective and annoying to work with.

Personally, I would say making higher than a 30x lily is unnecessary.

Maybe you could soak 49g, strain and evap that onto the remaining 2g...for what would be a 25.5x enhanced leaf. Easier to manage because it's already infused into leaf. Would probably still harden into one mass after a few hits, but would probably be much easier to work with.

Or hey, go for 51x...50g evapped onto 1g. That would be...interesting Shocked.

I would go with the 25.5x petals. That's just me. Good strength and probably more manageable. I would not go the route of the resin again.
"Within your heart is a lotus, and within this lotus is a diamond. This diamond is the source of creation, and in all the creation, there is only one lotus."

"Only from the Heart can you touch the sky." ~ Rumi

neverwas
#18 Posted : 9/2/2010 5:33:27 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Well if I can keep my hands off the last few grams I have I can soak all the extract up with it. Depending on the effects I has wanting to make it into changa but that's probably overkill. I just got done Drying some crude bufotenine onto some though Smile. Hope it turns out nice.

Dimitrius
#19 Posted : 9/2/2010 6:29:21 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Morbiddoctor wrote:
Well if I can keep my hands off the last few grams I have I can soak all the extract up with it. Depending on the effects I has wanting to make it into changa but that's probably overkill. I just got done Drying some crude bufotenine onto some though Smile. Hope it turns out nice.

I had some friends that tried an 11x Lily infused with full-spectrum, amber-colored spice (I call it Cosmic Lily Wink...which means enhanced lily + spice).

Big, wide-eyed reports of bliss and ecstasy. Very happy One reported that, "Oh my god. Dimitrius, you have know idea how much it has helped me. Really. Thank you Dimitrius. I want to repay you in some way." ...or something to that effect. He gave me a half eighth of kind for free and helped me with a few other things as well.
"Within your heart is a lotus, and within this lotus is a diamond. This diamond is the source of creation, and in all the creation, there is only one lotus."

"Only from the Heart can you touch the sky." ~ Rumi

neverwas
#20 Posted : 9/2/2010 7:42:13 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Oh very nice! I've been hearing alot on about the electric sheep changa. Sounds like a plan Smile

12NEXT