We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Introduction Options

RastaNation
#1 Posted : 8/14/2010 12:16:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hello everyone,

I currently live in the states and have been using psychedelics for several years.
I started using for recreational reasons, but recently have been seeking insight and deeper meanings in life.
I've learned to respect nature, life, and the idea of being. I've never had any real breakthrough or ego death, but definitely some ego loss. I find that I am often more open minded than I used to be, and am ready to continue the learning process. I smoked DMT/Jungle spice a few times, but without much respect for it's potential, and found the experience to be fairly empty - though still very different and very intense. I am now ready to adventure with a more open mind and ready to learn.

Glad to be a part of the forums.
One Love,
Rasta.
"Just as a tree, though cut down, can grow again and again if its roots are undamaged and strong, in the same way if the roots of craving are not wholly uprooted sorrows will come again and again"

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

RigelL
#2 Posted : 8/14/2010 4:09:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
I smoked DMT/Jungle spice a few times, but without much respect for it's potential, and found the experience to be fairly empty - though still very different and very intense. I am now ready to adventure with a more open mind and ready to learn.

we have a new psychonaut on board...Welcome to the Nexus RastaNation Very happy

Peace
It is no measure of health to be adjusted to a profundly sick society
Learning how to walk the earth respectfully

lyserge
#3 Posted : 8/14/2010 6:15:32 PM

polyfather anomalous

Greetings Sir,

Welcome, I think you'll find this is a good place to commune and share/receive knowledge/inspiration/wisdom. Lots of good folks here.

I'm curious what you know about Rastafari. I've met a few Rasta elders and was a bit surprised to find that Rasta seems a bit different than the image. First, the Elders I've come across were very dignified in their manner of being; also some Rastas smoke ganja but it's not central to the path. However, eating/living/being "Ital" is central to the path. "Ital" is simply alive food, good wholesome from the roots veggie food full of good karma. Oh yeah, and I get the impression that Rasta is more a path than a faith; I've heard it described as a multidimensional path, from one state called Babylon to a higher state called Zion. Are these perceptions accurate as far as you can see?
"...I didn't know that Cheshire cats always grinned; in fact, I didn't know that cats could grin..." - Alice's Adventures in Wonderland

RastaNation
#4 Posted : 8/15/2010 2:31:22 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I think Rasta, like many things are open to interpretation.
Being that Rasta was initially formed because the African people believed that the emperor would one day return and take them to the promised land.
However, I began studying it as a "path" more than a "faith" - though faith, to me, is a fairly big part of it.
I've kind of adopted my own ideals into the Rastafarian culture - in that it's more about peace, unity, and love.
As far as what they eat - I still just eat whatever, I'm not a full blown Rastafarian - and I don't even like to take the label Rastafarian - mostly due to my not wanting to offend anyone that is fully a true Rasta.
I definitely appreciate your open mindedness - as well as everyone else's on this forum. I've come across so many people that say: "Rasta? I bet you're not even black...you're just a poser." Which 1) I find to be entirely offensive and 2) extremely ignorant.
"Just as a tree, though cut down, can grow again and again if its roots are undamaged and strong, in the same way if the roots of craving are not wholly uprooted sorrows will come again and again"