We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
Iboga leaf as an addition to Changa Options

rahlii
#21 Posted : 7/5/2010 10:25:39 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Not sure of the answer to your question PsilocybeChild but I'd say the minute amounts of ibogaine present in the leaf material would likely only have minimal effects. But when added into changa who knows.

I vaped a cone of the Iboga leaf after vaping a cone of cappi (which had no effects on its own) and felt stoning effects for around an hour. It was quite pleasant.

I also noticed a little oily spot in the dish when I dried the iboga leaf IPA extract. It's like the last spot to form when the extracts drying. I'm thinking this might be the alkaloids???

From where is the noise?

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

PsilocybeChild
#22 Posted : 7/20/2010 2:35:08 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I'm thinking of perhaps infusing an extract of 10 grams worth of caapi onto a gram of iboga leaf. leaving out the dmt. Since polytrip said how they cancel each other out visually and seam to speak different languages when he tried an ibogahuasca orally. I feel this will allow me to focus on the iboga more. Any thoughts?
―λlτεrηιτγ→
Kambo.me Forum
​Internet Security Walk-Through
[url=https://kambo.me/smf/index.php?topic=395.0]Tobacco Disinformation

PM me about personal Herbalist consultations.
Can do it over PMs as to not reveal personal information.

rahlii
#23 Posted : 7/21/2010 9:54:49 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Sounds good. I've got good effects from smoking iboga leaf after smoking caapi.

You can always spice it up if you become familiar with it and would like the changa perspective.
From where is the noise?

rahlii
#24 Posted : 7/30/2010 11:44:38 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Finally got around to beginning the comparison. Sorry about the wait.

So I mixed a couple of my changa blends together for the base. Halved to make a straight mix and an iboga mix.

weighted up a quarter portion of iboga leaf to mix into the iboga mix . Extracted with IPA and infused leaf onto the iboga mix.

The test -

meditated for 10 minutes at 7.30am in the morning
Smoked a whole cone of straight.
Heavy body sensations, I could still think fairly straight, closed and open eye visuals were minimal.

I'll test the iboga mix later on this afternoon once the effects have entirely worn off as I plan a aya journey tonight which will influence the results if undertaken after.

Hope this isnt too much of a confusing post. I'm still a little under the effects of the straight changa mix.

From where is the noise?

rahlii
#25 Posted : 8/1/2010 11:43:31 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Tested the Iboga leaf mix.

Closed eye visuals - intricate orange red and brown winding fractals.
Open eye - unfamiliarity, smooth edges, colours heavily contrasted
Didn't have the heavy body effects.
More introspective, but my situation has changed (I'm only human).
Also much easier to write this post.

I like the Iboga leaf mix best. The first mix was strained with a heavy body load and minor visuals. But as fialshy stated this would mend with further intake of the mix. at first glance the iboga mix was able to provide a complete experience without the need for a large session. All this is subjective and I'm sure my adoration for this plant will have effected my experience somewhat. I will say this though, Iboga leaf will play somewhat of a role in all my changa blends as she mixes nicely with dmt.

Would love to hear of others experience with Iboga leaf changa.
From where is the noise?

The_Shaman
#26 Posted : 8/13/2010 11:15:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

rahlii wrote:
"Bwiti is thought to have been introduced to the Fang by the Mitsogho (Metsogo), along with the custom of eating iboga roots. Previous to this, the Fang ate the leaves of the iboga shrub for shamanic 'dreaming'.

This is a fascinating post , I look forward to continued reading and I'm very curious now as too the the traditional uses of Iboga. In my limited reading, I hear that Iboga trance can often lead to encounters with our relatives & ancestors in the spirit realm. I wonder if you can share any thoughts on the effects of smoking the leaf , say any visions of spirits during your journey?

If you research the FANG tribe , their tribal arts all center around Ancestor worship, they have some of the most fantastic forms in all of Africa art and their traditional works can sell for millions in the high end art market, they are typically the most desired.

The Fang Cult known as Byeri was put down and outlawed by colonial forces at the turn of the century. The Byeri cult that used these art works in rituals had created images of ancestors that would guard the bones of passed family members and would act as mediums to the Spirit world, they would be spoken to while in Trance , I am assuming Iboga trance.

also of note: Picasso was greatly influenced by African art, particularly Fang masks.

great post , thanks for sharing.
Obviously everything the Shaman says is Hyperspace Hyperbole

rahlii
#27 Posted : 8/14/2010 1:06:46 AM

DMT-Nexus member

The_Shaman wrote:

I wonder if you can share any thoughts on the effects of smoking the leaf , say any visions of spirits during your journey?

Thank you for your interesting contribution to the thread. I am currently on a break that will last for 3 months so I'll have to respond from past experience.

Under the effects of cactus resin, I smoked a cone of iboga leaf changa and my fellow traveller's face morphed into a feline alien with diamond shaped pupils. I was sharing a number of other mixes also at the time but none others had the effect of seeing into folk as deeply as the iboga mix did.

I wish this plant was more available as she has a wonderful energy.

Sorry about the photo sizes. I spent some time trying to reduce them but had no luck.

Anyway enjoy!

From where is the noise?

The_Shaman
#28 Posted : 8/14/2010 5:07:47 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Beautiful photos, You grew it from seed? Nice. I will try have to try and find some plant/seed sources , I have a few plants now that I care for and love so this will make a nice addition to my ever growing magic garden. thanks again for sharing. Until your post, I was hesitant to consider working with Iboga , the trip sounded kind of heavy , however the idea of perhaps slightly less intense experiences from smoking the leaf sounds good for an introduction to this sacred herb.

Thank you my friend.

Obviously everything the Shaman says is Hyperspace Hyperbole

rahlii
#29 Posted : 8/14/2010 5:42:59 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Eye, it is a wonderful herb. However I have not partaken in the ingestion of her root bark so I'm unable to compare the intensity or nature of the two different methods. I would though assume that a full blown iboga trip is something much more then smoking iboga leaf changa. It is however very insightful and well worth the effort of sharing your space with her. And I guess one day she may even part with some of her root bark so the full journey can be embarked upon.

May true light shine upon your magic garden.

I hope that one day you can share her with iboga.

From where is the noise?

PREV12