We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Cluster Headaches and vascular migraine Options

Ivan
#1 Posted : 8/13/2010 2:54:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thank you for my welcome message. I suffer from the disability of cluster headache since aged 8, 36 years ago. My attacks have increased in severity and in number and in length of cycle since using "Sumitriptan" sold in the USA as Imitrex. It is a synthetic triptamine, a "triptane" which chemically is sulphonated DMT, or non-hallucinogenic DMT. It can almost instantly remove an attack (which is the most pain known to mankind) but nothing can remove the entire cycle. Mine was 7 months of up to 4 a day in 2008, 14 months clear of attacks, then 8 months and ongoing of up to 10 a day this year.
This is my first cycle with internet access, and I was fascinated by the storys of psychedelics being able to treat cluster headache. This information is available at www.clusterbusters.com and at present no medical trials are taking place as it would be counter-profitable to the industry.
I was made aware that I also had had no cluster attacks during my younger years when I was taking mushrooms and LSD, and that the one time I had 2 years remission was the one time I smoked DMT.
I resolved to find some mushrooms or LSD but all I could find was some DMT from a good Shaman friend of mine. I am still in cycle but get 2 days pain free from each smoking, and the next 2 days are almost pain free. Then I redose.
I cannot extract my own as one of the triggers of cluster headache is solvent smells, but our mushroom season is just around the corner.
I would like to be able to read and reply and post on the subject of psychedelics, and particularly DMT, in the role of aiding vascular headache, in particular migraine and cluster headache (which is 10 times more painfull than migraine).
Due to the extreme rarity of both cluster headache and DMT, information on people who have self treated with this substance is extremely rare.
Whilst I am extremely interested in the voyages of the psychonaut I have no interest in posting on the subject. My trips are private, and fantastic, I just want to help people who suffer from this disease and to arm myself with as much knowledge as I can.
Thank you for listening, Kind Regards, Ivan.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

mandelbrot
#2 Posted : 8/13/2010 3:00:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I've heard great things concerning this subject, Ivan.
My mother suffers from cluster/migraine headaches to the point where she cannot speak. She will lay on the bathroom floor jabbering.. it really is quite harrowing.
I only wish her mental state would be able to handle the use of tryptamines, but I fear for her extremely fragile psyche.
I have heard that low doses have been successful in the treatment of migraine headaches and I have been pondering giving her a small dose to take when her head decides to throw a fit.

I look forward to anything you have to say on this matter, Ivan.
Welcome to the nexus!

-mandelbrother

-mandelbrother

Ivan
#3 Posted : 8/13/2010 4:15:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi Mandlebrother, I didn't find this quick reply box at first and sent you a pm. Cn you let me know if you got it?, I'm still feeling my way around here. Thanx 4 the welcome.

HyperQuill
#4 Posted : 8/13/2010 4:22:43 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Good luck Ivan, those bouts sound terrible! 2 years ago I suffered my first and only cycle - for 2 months I had 1, sometimes 2 CH per day (5's to 8's on the Kip scale). My first CH was the day after an acid trip, not sure if that was the trigger or if it was all the weed and cigarettes or something else, but after abstaining from psychedelics during this time of pain and fear I took acid once more and the CH cycle seems to have been broken, though I still get very antsy every May/June over whether they'll return. One brief introduction to these things was enough to know I never want to deal with them as a chronic problem. I definitely think psychedelics - I consider them a success in at least my case - are a worthwhile treatment and I wish you all the best.

Ivan
#5 Posted : 8/13/2010 5:09:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hello Hyperquill,I think my message eveaporated? oh well try again. what stands out in your message is nicotene. They say you almost have to be a smoker to get CH. I had my first nicotene at 7 or 8 years old and my CH started then too. I never took drugs until my very late teens so I wouldn't blame them for my condition. Cycles can start at any time, change time, change all the rules every time, and leave me confused as to thier nature, even after 36 years of them. They usually start quietly and finish with a crescendo of KIP 10's and then the cycle ends with a new "worst day ever", always worse, I blame prescription meds for that and now use only oxygen and DMT.
Low dose mushrooms is the more researched option and I would be using them if I could find any. I now have reliable information of one man who has busted his CH cycle using DMT. I am achieving results comparable to those using mushrooms, but cycles are very hard to break once they get established, mine started in January. I get 2 days of light shadowing, then worse for 2 more days, then I redose, on about the 4th now. I messed a few up before that because of cross tolerence with imigran and anti-depressants.

Felnik
#6 Posted : 8/13/2010 6:44:24 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I had a friend that had a similar result with dmt . It apparently was one of the few things that made the pain go away.
The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible.
Arthur C. Clarke

http://vimeo.com/32001208

Ivan
#7 Posted : 8/13/2010 7:30:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

you're right Felnik, even strong conventional painkillers won't touch a large attack

HyperQuill
#8 Posted : 8/13/2010 11:16:18 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Good luck to you Ivan, I hope our medicines have the power to break your cycles. And yes, I wouldn't be surprised at all if it were the cigarettes - I smoked a lot that day, though I've smoke that amount many times before I'd even heard about CH. Nicotine can spark regular headaches for me too. I was confused about my cycle like you said, as just when I thought I had them figured out I'd suddenly get one at midnight, or it would switch sides on me, or I'd have 2 in one day. The only reliable indicator was I'd get a runny nose just before the attack. Very hard to pin down and for a while I was unsure if I had CH or not.

I didn't keep any records so all I have to go on is memory, but feel free to pm me about the experience. Not the best data, but any experience reports for these things are better than none at all. Though my lone experience was brief, I know I'm far from guaranteed they'll never come back and the prospect of chronic attacks terrifies me. At their peak, I was beating the heel of my hand into my head just to feel something different. I can't imagine going through what you or that Chuck guy does in the Clusterheads video. My heart goes out to you brother, and to Mandelbrot and his mom.

Ivan
#9 Posted : 8/14/2010 11:22:09 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thank you Hyperquill for your understanding message. You would not believe the things I have done just to feel something different. The best way to publish my results would be to post pictures of my charts, time over date with colours representing KIP pain levels 1-10 and boxes for notes on comments and treatments. I have been keeping these since May. Can I post pictures here? If not I will post a link to my facebook page where I keep an album with no privacy for clusterheads to view. There is a blank chart to download for yourself too. It's reaaly about identifying your triggers, which are different from my triggers and their triggers, and then avoiding them. Mine are heat, solvents,re-cycled air, and cooking smells.
Unlike many others on this site, I am not a fictitious person, I really do have access to spice and suffer from CH. If anyone wishes to arrest me for trying to get better then this will help to raise awareness for CH and I will tell you where I am.
If anyone has successfully busted thier cycle with DMT (I have enough data for LSD and psilocybin) then please pm me.