We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV123
Pau d'arco Options

SanMan
#41 Posted : 5/6/2010 12:09:34 AM

DMT-Nexus member

69ron wrote:
Shadowlord, I know the thread you're talking about, but I can't remember where it is.

The thread is located in wiki under changa.

https://wiki.dmt-nexus.me/Changa

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Sublime
#42 Posted : 5/13/2010 10:07:29 AM

Intraterrestrial

Can someone please inform me on this:

I recently picked up some pau d'arco at a health food store. It is okay to be smoking this stuff right, thin wood chips is what it is basically, right? So I melted some DMT into it and tried smoking it. The difference is I get no visuals or euphoria but the carrier wave people talk about is strong and the onset is fast. Is this normal for this stuff to be like this? I have some enhanced leaf that I have infused with the DMT, so I just burn it or vape it? I dont have caapi with it, just pau d'arco and DMT infused with acetone evaporation. Am I good to go with my bong? The woody taste is fine but kinda harsh, thanks for the advice.
"That which I avoid I will become a slave to, that which I confront I will master."

Madcap
#43 Posted : 5/13/2010 3:43:54 PM

illudium Q-36

Oh the pau 'darco, after reading several good posts about the flavor and great smoke.... I bought some and quickly infused some with some goodies. I use a GVG and it doesn't taste bad or harsh as vapor. But, what it does do is put off allot of vapor when heated. I think it must hold allot of water even when it appears pretty dry. So, its hard to break though with it in the mix because the vapor it releases uses up some of my lung-space. I have to take more tokes/time to get all the goodies in. I think that may be whats happening to you Nic.
All posts written by Madcap should be regarded as fiction.

#44 Posted : 5/13/2010 6:51:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I think infusing your spice into the darco (with IPA or acetone) v's melting some spice onto it should change the flavour. I tried smoking it on its own, and it is horribly harsh, but enhanced with spice it tastes smoooooth as can be. I have no idea why, but there you go.
Oh great - the world has just been replaced by elf machinery.
Sic transit gloria mundi

ghostman
#45 Posted : 5/13/2010 7:21:29 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Madcapv2 wrote:
Oh the pau 'darco, after reading several good posts about the flavor and great smoke.... I bought some and quickly infused some with some goodies. I use a GVG and it doesn't taste bad or harsh as vapor. But, what it does do is put off allot of vapor when heated. I think it must hold allot of water even when it appears pretty dry. So, its hard to break though with it in the mix because the vapor it releases uses up some of my lung-space. I have to take more tokes/time to get all the goodies in. I think that may be whats happening to you Nic.

It does however work more than perfectly in a bong. Smile
Peace in mind, Love in heart

gammagore
#46 Posted : 5/13/2010 11:15:56 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Nic dude, pau is a good herb to use, you want to infuse it, not melt spice onto it. Infuse a small batch, once dried load up a small cone, smoke itSmile, then load up a bigger cone, smoke that, you wont be disapointed. The second cone comes on fast and hard.

Ginkgo
#47 Posted : 5/13/2010 11:24:11 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I have some pau d'arco laying around here somewhere. What exactly are the effects of this plant? None, except for perhaps a good taste or something?

gammagore
#48 Posted : 5/13/2010 11:32:32 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Im sure I read somwhere that fractal made a tea from it. I tried that once, didnt like it, but infused, ita a whole different beast. I made a batch of pau/spice/harmala that I forgot about until recently. Glad I fouund it. Purple and pink are very profound, lots of it.

Not so earthly as caapi changa, but more explosive.

At the end of the day, it works for me, and gets me "there", but the journey there is very different, like most herbs I suppose.

Big Inhale
#49 Posted : 5/15/2010 10:07:36 PM

The Enlightend One

Evening Glory wrote:
I have some pau d'arco laying around here somewhere. What exactly are the effects of this plant? None, except for perhaps a good taste or something?

Pau d’arco is a huge canopy tree native to the Amazon rainforest and other tropical parts of South and Latin America. Indigenous Traditional Use: Pau d'arco has a long and well-documented history of use by the indigenous peoples of the rainforest. Indications imply that its use may actually predate the Incas. Throughout South America, tribes living thousands of miles apart have employed it for the same medicinal purposes for hundreds of years. Pau d'arco is recorded to be used by forest inhabitants throughout the Amazon for malaria, anemia, colitis, respiratory problems, colds, cough, flu, fungal infections, fever, arthritis and rheumatism, snakebite, poor circulation, boils, syphilis, and cancer. Pau d'arco also has a long history in herbal medicine around the world. In South American herbal medicine, it is considered to be astringent, anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, antifungal, and laxative; it is used to treat ulcers, syphilis, urinary tract infections, gastrointestinal problems, candida and yeast infections, cancer, diabetes, prostatitis, constipation, and allergies. It is used in Brazilian herbal medicine for many conditions including cancer, leukemia, ulcers, diabetes, candida, rheumatism, arthritis, prostatitis, dysentery, stomatitis, and boils. In North American herbal medicine, pau d'arco is considered to be analgesic, antioxidant, antiparasitic, antimicrobial, antifungal, antiviral, antibacterial, anti-inflammatory, and laxative, as well as to have anticancerous properties. It is used for fevers, infections, colds, flu, syphilis, urinary tract infections, cancer, respiratory problems, skin ulcerations, boils, dysentery, gastrointestinal problems of all kinds, arthritis, prostatitis, and circulation disturbances. Pau d'arco also is employed in herbal medicine systems in the United States for lupus, diabetes, ulcers, leukemia, allergies, liver disease, Hodgkin's disease, osteomyelitis, Parkinson's disease, and psoriasis, and is a popular natural remedy for candida and yeast infections.
Can you Imagine? From one single Idea everything appeared here.
RZA

Here in the Prime Creators universe all things are possible,because all things are possible many lessons are learned.

None Of This Is Real!

Shadowlord
#50 Posted : 8/13/2010 4:50:17 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for the great reply Big Inhale.
I have heard several great things about Pau D'Arco and want to investigate this herb for many of those reasons as well as a smoking herb for use w/ spice.
Have only recently started using herbs. Mullein only thus far but have some Passionflower coming from a friend.
So far it seems that Caapi leaves and Pau D'arco are going to be my two list toppers. I want to try some Blue Lotus as well but Pau has me intrigued and Caapi just seems to be one of those that it would be foolish not to experience.

PREV123