We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Q21Q21's tek w/ acid boil. FAILURE! Options

q21q21
#1 Posted : 8/12/2010 5:38:35 PM

SWIM

So SWIM was asked by a user if one could do Q21Q21's tek but instead of soaking the bark in vinegar+water do an acid boil and reduce it down.

Now this would be impractical for amount less than 200g or so, but for large amounts this could definitely help reduce the size and the muscle strain from mixing.

NOTE: SWIM has done Q21Q21's tek using these materials with a 100% success rate, the materials are not in question, only the method.

So the procedure:

did the acid boils in 2 batches:
1: steeped the 100g of MHRB 3 times for about 15 minutes each steep, pull off 1.5L or red liquid, filtered through cotton ball

2: Boiled the MHRB after the steep 2 times for 30 minutes, pulled off 1.25L, filtered through cotton ball.
(The second batch was done after the first 2 pulls of batch)

3: Both batches were reduced to ~150-200ml using a rice cooker.

4:First batch had 80g lime added to it, second had lime added until it was a similar consistency.

5: 3 xylene pulls were done on batch 1. At 20 minutes, 12 hours and 36 hours
2 xylene pulls were done on batch 2. At 20 minutes and 12 hours

After salting with vinegar then evaporating the vinegar completely until it no longer smelled of vinegar,
Each and every pull (200-300ml xylene) yielded 50-70mg of dark-red flaky... gunk
The gunk burned by itself after the flame was touched to it like a candle and didn't smell like DMT at all.
It would burn off about 1/3 of it's weight and leave a piece of charcoal looking stuff behind.

6: A warm naptha pull was done on the combined batches after removing all the xylene.
The naptha never clouded when it was put in the freezer and no crystals were precipitated.

SOOO..... how does boiling/steeping the bark and reducing it instead of adding the lime directly to the vinegar-soaked bark make a tek that effortlessly yields greater than 1% of pure spice or 1.5% or more crimson jimjam goo into a frustrated non-working mess?

SWIM really can't think of why this wouldn't work. He was thinking that he might completely dry out the lime+reduced brew and try it again, but he's not very hopeful.

Anyway, could any of you experienced A/B'ers spot any big errors? SWIM's confused

Thanks in advance!
Q21Q21's Tek: A comprehensive guide to extracting DMT
The 2 teks use non-toxic lime and vinegar and Tek 1: d-Limonene or Xylene or Tek 2: Naptha to produce very quick high yields with the greatest of ease.

I am almost never on this site anymore so I will likely not answer PMs

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

SnozzleBerry
#2 Posted : 8/12/2010 5:54:56 PM

omnia sunt communia!

Moderator | Skills: Growing (plants/mushrooms), Research, Extraction troubleshooting, Harmalas, Revolution (theory/practice)

q21q21 wrote:
SOOO..... how does boiling/steeping the bark and reducing it instead of adding the lime directly to the vinegar-soaked bark make a tek that effortlessly yields greater than 1% of pure spice or 1.5% or more crimson jimjam goo into a frustrated non-working mess?

I was under the impression (having read through Amor Fati's non-toxic approach and other drytek procedures such as 69ron's mescaline extraction) that when using lime you need to follow drytek procedures. You essentially tried to use lime for a standard A/B extraction, thus it failed to work. 69ron has multiple comments on the drytek procedure and why lime needs to be used according to drytek guidelines in order to have a successfull extraction. If I remember correctly, in an aqueous solution, lime won't act as a strong enough base and your extraction will fail. I feel like this is a pretty fundamental principle of the dryteks upon which "your" tek is based.

peace
SB
WikiAttitudeFAQ
The NexianNexus ResearchThe OHT
In New York, we wrote the legal number on our arms in marker...To call a lawyer if we were arrested.
In Istanbul, People wrote their blood types on their arms. I hear in Egypt, They just write Their names.
גם זה יעבור

q21q21
#3 Posted : 8/12/2010 6:21:46 PM

SWIM

SnozzleBerry wrote:
q21q21 wrote:

I was under the impression (having read through Amor Fati's non-toxic approach and other drytek procedures such as 69ron's mescaline extraction) that when using lime you need to follow drytek procedures. You essentially tried to use lime for a standard A/B extraction, thus it failed to work. 69ron has multiple comments on the drytek procedure and why lime needs to be used according to drytek guidelines in order to have a successfull extraction. If I remember correctly, in an aqueous solution, lime won't act as a strong enough base and your extraction will fail. I feel like this is a pretty fundamental principle of the dryteks upon which "your" tek is based.

peace
SB

One thing that was left out: the lime was not added so that it was a solution. It was added so it was a THICK PASTE. It really looked exactly like it does with the bark in it.
The 2 teks use non-toxic lime and vinegar and Tek 1: d-Limonene or Xylene or Tek 2: Naptha to produce very quick high yields with the greatest of ease.

SnozzleBerry
#4 Posted : 8/12/2010 6:39:54 PM

omnia sunt communia!

Moderator | Skills: Growing (plants/mushrooms), Research, Extraction troubleshooting, Harmalas, Revolution (theory/practice)

q21q21 wrote:
SnozzleBerry wrote:
q21q21 wrote:

peace
SB

One thing that was left out: the lime was not added so that it was a solution. It was added so it was a THICK PASTE. It really looked exactly like it does with the bark in it.

Right...adding lime wouldn't make a solution...you added lime to a solution...looking like it has the bark in it is not the same as having the bark in it. A thick paste made by adding lime to a small amount of liquid to get a paste-consistency is not the same as making a bark/lime paste.
WikiAttitudeFAQ
In New York, we wrote the legal number on our arms in marker...To call a lawyer if we were arrested.
In Istanbul, People wrote their blood types on their arms. I hear in Egypt, They just write Their names.
גם זה יעבור

q21q21
#5 Posted : 8/12/2010 6:48:28 PM

SWIM

SnozzleBerry wrote:
q21q21 wrote:
SnozzleBerry wrote:
q21q21 wrote:

peace
SB

Right...adding lime wouldn't make a solution...you added lime to a solution...looking like it has the bark in it is not the same as having the bark in it. A thick paste made by adding lime to a small amount of liquid to get a paste-consistency is not the same as making a bark/lime paste.

Ya, I guess so, still don't understand why that makes a difference.

Would adding something to absorb the highly concentrated liquid as a bark analog before adding the lime work?
Something plant'y.... oats is the first off the top of my head.

Infundibulum
#6 Posted : 8/12/2010 7:25:17 PM

Kalt und Heiß, Schwarz und Rot, Kürper und Geist, Liebe und Chaos

ModeratorChemical expert

It is hard to believe that this method wouldn't work. I do not think that the use of calcium hydroxide requires drytekking. SWIM once did A/B, basified with calcium hydroxide and pulled with xylene, no problem; the only problem was the big amount of insoluble and had to be let to settle away from the xylene before it could be withrdawn from the basic solution.

What I suspect to be the culprit is too little boiling and the absence of an acid (?) In an acid cook one wants to diffuse the alkaloids out of the bark and into the water. The diffusion either just happens with the alkaloids leaving the bark and/or there might be a certain amount of tissue damage that facilitates diffusion.

The presence of an acid (other than the ones present in the bark) esp an acid that would make a highly soluble dmt salt, aids diffusion. Extended boiling also aids diffusion and also causes a certain amount of tissue damage. Either factors appear to lack from the treatment of both batches.

Q21q21, did SWIY save the bark after the acid cooks? Maybe if he gives them the regular treatment (STB/Ca(OH) drytek/extended acid cook/etc) they may deliver the goods.

Need to calculate between salts and freebases? Click here!
Need to calculate freebase or salt percentage at a given pH? Click here!

q21q21
#7 Posted : 8/12/2010 7:51:33 PM

SWIM

Infundibulum wrote:
It is hard to believe that this method wouldn't work. I do not think that the use of calcium hydroxide requires drytekking. SWIM once did A/B, basified with calcium hydroxide and pulled with xylene, no problem; the only problem was the big amount of insoluble and had to be let to settle away from the xylene before it could be withrdawn from the basic solution.

What I suspect to be the culprit is too little boiling and the absence of an acid (?) In an acid cook one wants to diffuse the alkaloids out of the bark and into the water. The diffusion either just happens with the alkaloids leaving the bark and/or there might be a certain amount of tissue damage that facilitates diffusion.

The presence of an acid (other than the ones present in the bark) esp an acid that would make a highly soluble dmt salt, aids diffusion. Extended boiling also aids diffusion and also causes a certain amount of tissue damage. Either factors appear to lack from the treatment of both batches.

Q21q21, did SWIY save the bark after the acid cooks? Maybe if he gives them the regular treatment (STB/Ca(OH) drytek/extended acid cook/etc) they may deliver the goods.

shoot, another accidental omission. Vinegar was added in each steep and boil. So that's not the problem.

SWIM's not frustrated from the loss because he isn't anywhere near out of spice, he's just confused.
Bark is now the lime + concentrated brew paste is drying at the garage window, hopefully that'll work..

SnozzleBerry
#8 Posted : 8/12/2010 8:42:38 PM

omnia sunt communia!

More outstanding work from Amor Fati

amor_fati wrote:
SWIM can say with a great deal of confidence and evidence that lime works as well as--maybe even better than--lye STB, if used in a specific way.

SWIM's first lime trial's % yield is rivaling that of his simultaneous lye extraction (which is saying quite a bit, considering his excellent results thus-far) with two pulls on each. SWIM finds that this certainly seems to work when the lime and bark are whipped up into a doughy paste (as with cactus extraction), which would probably generally require that powdered bark is used (though SWIM suspects that it's poor water absorbance would still hinder the process unless mixed incredibly well with a slight excess of water); however, SWIM's managed to accomplish this with whole MHRB using a blender. This is only SWIM's first trial, and the bark had been treated with heat and vinegar prior to the use of lime; though SWIM suspects this is unnecessary and will attempt to verify this in his third trial.

Most seem to have a hard time extracting with a lime solution, but that amount of water really isn't necessary anyway. SWIM can hardly think of an extraction that would require immersing the plant material in a solution, in light of recent developments.

Interesting how the use of lime and limonene are coming to center stage with two of the most important substances for the psychonaut (DMT and Mescaline). Maybe these should be referred to as "limteks"--generally referring to nontoxic teks that use lime paste and limonene.

Edit:
SWIM can somewhat understand why nontoxic drytek techniques haven't quite caught on with DMT, as he's attempted drytek with MHRB, acetone and sodium carbonate and botched it, and also with lime, sodium carbonate, limonene, and chaliponga and didn't get decent yields at all. He realized that the problem was that the mixture wasn't quite homogeneous (not a problem with cactus, considering how well it absorbs water), and that's the realization that inspired his latest experiments. SWIM also believes that drytek doesn't always seem to work because it's difficult to judge whether the material has been completely basified prior to drying, which will halt the reaction altogether, leaving it with incredibly variable results. So a properly homogeneous mixture that can remain moist should yield more consistent results.

WikiAttitudeFAQ
גם זה יעבור

Infundibulum
#9 Posted : 8/12/2010 11:11:04 PM

Kalt und Heiß, Schwarz und Rot, Kürper und Geist, Liebe und Chaos

ModeratorChemical expert

q21q21 wrote:
Infundibulum wrote:

shoot, another accidental omission. Vinegar was added in each steep and boil. So that's not the problem.

SWIM's not frustrated from the loss because he isn't anywhere near out of spice, he's just confused.
Bark is now the lime + concentrated brew paste is drying at the garage window, hopefully that'll work..

That is good - it'll be nice to see where the goodies are; I still believe that the acid cook worked poorly. If there are goodies in the bark that's a good suggestion for the latter. If no, I guess I've run out of suggestions...

Need to calculate between salts and freebases? Click here!
Need to calculate freebase or salt percentage at a given pH? Click here!