We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Growth rates Pachanoi vs. Bridgesii and feeding your cactus Options

Once
#1 Posted : 8/7/2010 3:58:57 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I've got a nice little cactus garden growing, working with these guys has been a real blessing, they really have3 such a great character! I've noticed that my Bridgesii seem to be growing at a significantly faster pace than my pachanoi, both are of roughly the same size and age, has anyone else noticed a difference in the growth rates between these two?
Also, how do you guys feel about using plant food with your Trichs? while I was out of town, a friend who was watching my plants watered my cactus with VF-11 (which I don't normally do) and was wondering if this would have any negative effects on alkaloid production. Should I keep feeding them, and just stress them prior to harvest? or do I need to avoid it altogether?

Blessings,
Once
All statements made by Once have no basis in reality, if reality even exists.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

dg
#2 Posted : 8/7/2010 4:46:09 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Cacti expert

feed them. stress to increase alkaloids decreases plant growth far in advance of benefits!
i dont know any experienced cacti growers who starve or stress thier plants on purpose
very high n rates seem to help though

too hard to say what is the fasted grower, so many versions of each sp.

Once
#3 Posted : 8/7/2010 5:29:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for the feedback, I've been continuing to feed them and man they are growing like crazy, my one Torres x Torres is a little slow, I think it just needs a bigger pot. I dont plan on harvesting these fellas anytime soon, so I guess I'll just keep giving em the juice! Glad to know that I'm not sabotaging myself.

Thanks
Once

Once
#4 Posted : 8/10/2010 1:40:13 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Flashly,

My Bridesii and Juul's Giant are growing great, but the Pachanoi are a little slow. Where do you get your Torch?

dg
#5 Posted : 8/10/2010 2:21:39 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Cacti expert

torch or pedro is so generic, what variety of pachanoi or peruvianua/macrogonus in particular
the species name torch is sorta meaningless

many plants that could be called torch grow Much slower than plants called pedro, and vs versa

as an example, many people would call the t. pachanoi var kimnach a "torch"

sso2, baker,rs005, are some of the fastest growing plants in my garden, after pc pachanoi

my juulsxperu doesn't grow as much vertically, but adds as much weight/skin surface as anything.

until plants get mature, judging growth rates is a crap shoot at best, as mature plants grow at much different rates

Once
#6 Posted : 8/10/2010 2:50:38 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks DG,

I have a Juuls/Peru, Torres Pachanoi, and not sure on the Bridgesii. Glad to hear that you like the ss02, have you had a chance to try your SSO2?

dg
#7 Posted : 8/10/2010 4:13:04 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Cacti expert

sso2 is similar to other brigesii