We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Spirituality, Religion, Death and DMT Options

D_Juggz
#1 Posted : 7/12/2010 11:25:14 AM

Dr Do Little

Hello Dear brothers & sisters,

I would like to write a quick piece on spirituality and what it has meant to me over my life.
While young I was 'born into' Christianity...being a inquisitive person and a skeptic, many things contained in the bible didn't make sense. Many of the interpretations of 'holy priests' where long-winded and seemed to serve themselves more than furthering my own enlightenment. There was no clarification or explanation in religion and thus, I moved on and found comfort in science.
I have been in a constant state of acceptance (of not knowing everything) and awe of the complexity of the universe by studying it into more and more depth.

Until this year...about a week ago. Everything in my life came together and consolidated everything I ever felt, learnt and absorbed.
I was on holidays and a friend of a friend stops at my front door (I didn't know the guy), and he asked me if i wanted to drive 5 hours north with him into the rainforest for this psy-party. I love adventure and randomness so I threw a set of clothes in my bag and off I went. On the road I was prodding and probing asking about the guy, we will call him Mr A.

Mr A was a very quiet guy, but turns out that he in an expert on acacia trees and DMT. Needless to say, neither of us could shut up the entire five hours, after we found that common interest Pleased
Once at the party I met many others who were experts in different fields of psychedelics, DMT, ethnobotany, chemistry. Essentially everyone I ever wanted to meet was at this party...it was a meeting of the minds.
We sat around the campfire for hours, chatted for days on end about psychedelics (on psychedelics) and other realms.

One morning i found myself sitting on the (artificial) beach, watching the sun rise over the pond with ducks in it. Very surreal on LSD btw. I met a man, he couldn't be more than 10 years older than me...who was the volunteer lifeguard.
We talked about spirituality, he had been all around the world teaching meditation. He had read every major religious text around the world and had great insight. Which i knew the second i met him....you know sometimes when you meet someone and they just have a great aura that you can feel. If everything had not have happened EXACTLY the way it did, I would never have even considered reading a book such as this one. My atheist mind was so closed off from free thought I didn't even realise how it was holding back my development.
Anyway this guy is now my spiritual guide and some of the literature he has asked me to read so far has given me more insight than i can describe.

Anyway, now I would like to share my experience with you people, because I dont think there is anything more important than spreading the message of love around the world.
The first book I have read is:

:arrow: The Only Planet of Choice, by Phyllis V. Schlemmer - an internationally known psychic, medium, astrologer, and healer. Her family background includes mediums and healers on both of her parents' sides. Phyllis showed the first signs of her remarkable psychic abilities at the age of five. She is a deep trance medium / transceiver with no memory of what transpires.
Phyllis' book, The Only Planet of Choice, has been widely acknowledged as one of the most significant books of our time. Many of those thousands who have already read it, have spoken of the profound effect is has already had on their lives. This book represents the outcome of over twenty years of her work with her colleagues Dr. Andrija Puharich (discover of Uri Geller) and Sir John Whitmore of England, as well as many other distinguished scientists, scholars and theologians.

Please people read this book, but read it carefully for many sentences have more than one meaning and hidden wisdoms. Afterwards, come back and let us discuss some of the topics Smile

LOVE You All
WE Are One
D
The hardest thing of all is to find a black cat in a dark room, especially if there is no cat.
-Confucius

"Under the skin of our lives; somewhere deep and early, forgotten, we all share the same dreams"

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Sublime
#2 Posted : 7/12/2010 9:03:07 PM

Intraterrestrial

I'm glad to hear you had an experience that really helped you change. I would love to meet someone like you spoke of, even many of you at the nexus, someone who is on par with you, or even more. I sometimes regret having my atheist outlook on life, which leads me to pursue this path of experience while moving forward on the path I choose.
"That which I avoid I will become a slave to, that which I confront I will master."

Saidin
#3 Posted : 7/12/2010 10:56:38 PM

Sun Dragon

Senior Member | Skills: Aquaponics, Channeling, Spirituality, Past Life Regression Hypnosis

Sublime wrote:
I'm glad to hear you had an experience that really helped you change. I would love to meet someone like you spoke of, even many of you at the nexus, someone who is on par with you, or even more. I sometimes regret having my atheist outlook on life, which leads me to pursue this path of experience while moving forward on the path I choose.

Don't have regrets...accept who you are or change, it is as simple as a choice. Perhaps one day you will find something that will change your ourlook...perhaps it could even be the book he has recommended, perhaps it will be your next spice journey, perhaps a dream you will have one night.

Major life changing philosophical shifts often come spontaneously and without warning.
What, you ask, was the beginning of it all?
And it is this...

Existence that multiplied itself
For sheer delight of being
And plunged into numberless trillions of forms
So that it might
Find
Itself
Innumerably.
-Sri Aubobindo

Saidin is a fictional character, and only exists in the collective unconscious. Therefore, we both do and do not exist. Everything is made up as we go along, and none of it is real.

Saidin
#4 Posted : 7/12/2010 11:10:09 PM

Sun Dragon

Senior Member | Skills: Aquaponics, Channeling, Spirituality, Past Life Regression Hypnosis

Thanks D_Juggz for the recommendation, always looking for new breadcrumbs along the path...
And it is this...

So that it might
Find
Itself
Innumerably.
-Sri Aubobindo

Saidin is a fictional character, and only exists in the collective unconscious. Therefore, we both do and do not exist. Everything is made up as we go along, and none of it is real.

D_Juggz
#5 Posted : 7/13/2010 3:50:01 AM

Dr Do Little

Subline, the path to enlightenment is to trust your instinct/gut/soul if you learn the truth it will make sense.
Some of my principles are:
1. Dont take everything on faith, try it for yourself
2. There are infinite possibilities every day, every moment, chose your path through them wisely
3. The mind creates the body
4. There is unity everywhere, to fight against other is to fight against yourself
5. Thoughts are more powerful than you can imagine
6. We are all addicted to our emotions
7. Reality is beyond what we see
8. Life is an experiment, spirituality is understanding.

Sublime if you constantly put that thought out there, that you are ready to move on with your spirituality, that you would like enlightenment. The universe will bring it into existence.
The hardest thing of all is to find a black cat in a dark room, especially if there is no cat.
-Confucius

"Under the skin of our lives; somewhere deep and early, forgotten, we all share the same dreams"

Eden
#6 Posted : 7/13/2010 4:46:26 AM

DMT-Nexus member

D_Juggz wrote:
1. Dont take everything on faith, try it for yourself
7. Reality is beyond what we see

Wouldn't you say these two are at odds with each other?

You did add the disclaimer "Don't take everything on faith", but as I see it, any shortcoming of faith comes from building upon the beliefs of others rather than defining your own.

Reality is very much beyond what we see, and all genuine experiences of what we can see and feel to be true in turn establish our own faith to complete our understanding where observation and reasoning cannot suffice.

Do you draw these eight principles from an outside source, or are they of your own design? I like them quite a lot.

Also

D_Juggz
#7 Posted : 7/14/2010 2:59:59 AM

Dr Do Little

Eden, I believe you answered your own question. 1 and 7 are not at odds, but complete eachother.
You are right, some things we do need to take on faith, there is too much to learn in too little time to start from the bottom and work your way up. What it means is to always scrutinise and keep a critical mind, but not so much so that you close it to that which you do not see right away.

You are also right when you suggest I got these principles form an outside source. After my first DMT trip, i saw many colours and geometrical patterns, but i knew that i still didn't quite break through. The next time, after some meditation, I wanted to and was ready to see the other side, the higher planes. And I did, with my own consciousness i saw it, more real than i can see right now.
I saw the higher energies who are trying to help me and all others.
Anyway, after the trip, the memory was starting to leave me very rapidly...so i jotted down quickly what I had learnt. I summarised it as those points (minus the first one which came weeks later & was my own invention).
I completely forgot that I had written it down, until i was writing this post and I was surprised to find that it was exactly what i felt was right.

Currently I'm looking at exploring different forms of meditation to unlock the higher planes, I plan to use this one with a ayahuasca brew http://www.anmolmehta.co...book-for-daily-practice/

-Confucius

Sublime
#8 Posted : 7/14/2010 9:04:50 PM

Intraterrestrial

Well guys, I know regret is irrelevent to the past, which can only harbor negativity in the future. I am intuitive to experience, faith is in a way ignorant, unless it's in the form of attitude, i.e. positive. I agree with most of the concepts listed.

Saidin, I realize what you are trying to say, I have had many changes in perception and outlook, and I know exploring consciousness can invoke similar allogations, it's about growing, finding who you are, and experiencing.
"That which I avoid I will become a slave to, that which I confront I will master."

Saidin
#9 Posted : 7/15/2010 12:47:16 AM

Sun Dragon

Sublime wrote:
Well guys, I know regret is irrelevent to the past, which can only harbor negativity in the future. I am intuitive to experience.

Saidin, I realize what you are trying to say, I have had many changes in perception and outlook, and I know exploring consciousness can invoke similar allogations, it's about growing, finding who you are, and experiencing.

This is all I was trying to say. I didn't mean to imply one must change, but rather that harboring regrets only hampers our future. If you have regrets, learn from them and change, or just let them go. In my opinion, constantly mulling over what no longer exists only negatively effects our future. Life is a wonderful unfolding mystery and what we experience can change us from day to day, helping us to grow, by experiencing life and finding who we are. If we are open to it.

I was an athiest for a while, until I had experiences that convinced me, and me alone, that that philosophy did not work for me any longer...but in the grand scheme all our individual beliefs are irrelevant, as we'll all find out the truth eventually. Wink
And it is this...

So that it might
Find
Itself
Innumerably.
-Sri Aubobindo

D_Juggz
#10 Posted : 7/15/2010 4:32:49 AM

Dr Do Little

I agree, we all have a path through life with infinite possibilities along the way. To hold regret is to work against your own growth, it is important to love others, to not doubt yourself. The way into the future is by means of compassion for your selves, for eachother, for our home.
We will all learn the truth eventually, but our time here on earth is part of that teaching.
-Confucius

Eden
#11 Posted : 7/15/2010 4:56:15 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Well, I tried that med position this morning and found sustaining the eye position to be quite difficult.
Made another attempt after some pharma and a couple bowls of changa and it felt like the most natural thing in the world. Thanks for sharing.

D_Juggz
#12 Posted : 7/15/2010 4:39:25 PM

Dr Do Little

Terrence McKenna suggested that meditation was created as a tool to explore the spiritual world, during a time when hallucinogenic drugs were abundantly used by the people. Over time the mechanism which is the psychedelic experience has been lost and all that remained was the tools.
Its an interesting thought.
-Confucius

D_Juggz
#13 Posted : 8/8/2010 8:26:12 AM

Dr Do Little

Freaky that this video says basically the same thing as the book from a different source.
http://video.google.com/...9056434322032&hl=en#
-Confucius