We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
D-limeone in viridis tek Options

jwlst
#1 Posted : 8/5/2010 4:08:15 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Hi Guys,

Following the tek shown below, if I use d-limeone as the solvent how would I deal with the evaporate step at the end, keeping in my I want smokeable freebase spice and not sticky unsomkeable acetate?

I was thinking I could salt out the spice using vinegar, then evap however that would create dmt acetate rather than the freebase I am seeking.

If I salted out with vinegar, then mixed sodium carbonate in the vinegar and evapped would I be left with freebase dmt? Or would it be better just to throw a few herbs in the vinegar and dissolve?

From my understanding d-limeone does not evaporate cleanly like naptha, therefore this guide would need to be changed only at the ened?

Thanks so much for your help!!!

The tek I am following:

100 gram Psychotria viridis extraction

1. Cover the leafs in 1 liter of water, add 1000 mg of citric acid, and boil for 15 minutes. Pour off the water and save it.
2. Cover the leafs in 1 liter of water and boil for 15 minutes. Pour off the water and save it.
3. Cover the leafs in 1 liter of water and boil for 15 minutes. Pour off the water and save it.
4. Filter the combined water and boil it down to about 300 ml.
5. Defat 5 times with 100 ml of naphtha (or 3 times with xylene followed by 2 times with naphtha) in a separatory funnel. If the last defat is not clear, defat again until it is clear.
6. Adjust the pH to 9.5 with sodium carbonate (or sodium hydroxide, or ammonia).
7. Extract 3 times with 100 ml of naphtha in a separatory funnel.
8. Evaporate the naphtha completely at room temperature to give DMT.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!