We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Hello Enlightened Beings! Options

Awaken
#1 Posted : 8/3/2010 9:56:54 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Hi Everyone,

Wow the time has been passing so quickly ever since I found this site and started reading! I'm glad I found this great community and reservoir of ever growing information. Just reading the posts and responses on the forum I can tell that this community we have here is very respecting, helpful, and (of course) open minded.

I'd like to tell you all a bit about myself and my background. I'm not too far out of University, as I graduated a bit over a year ago. Studying Environmental Studies I now have a wonderful job at a recycling plant. I have done a considerable amount of traveling through various countries and I plan on this stage of my life as being only the beginning of my worldly travel. One of my greatest hobbies is exercise and nutrition. Some of my friends, particularly my "gym" friends, find it funny that I have an interest in such liberating activities. They call me "closet hippie"! Razz They do this because at first glance I appear to be a jock-type guy but in reality I have no interest in sports, nor do I know anything of the subject.

Well, let's get into it! I don't smoke mj anymore but in the past I was more or less a regular smoker. Throughout high school and college it was something I did anywhere from daily to weekly. I just don't have a liking for it anymore as it makes me a bit lazy and for some reason I started to become uncomfortable in certain social situations (everyone has experienced this or knows about this happening frequently). I have tripped on mushrooms 10 times although each of these times was in high school and the last time was 7 years ago. These 10 trips were a combination of good and bad trips (probably half and half). Finally I realized that I would be having a good shroom trip until I decided to smoke some weed while tripping. This would intensify everything and cause me to over-analyze things and basically have a breakdown. My last shroom trip I decided to make an effort not to smoke any weed at all, and this turned out to be possibly my best shroom trip ever! I decided to leave it at that and I haven't shroomed since.

For a long time I was very intimidated by LSD but I was sure I'd try it someday. I figured that because of my history of shroom trips (probably more bad trips than most people have, ratio-wise), that acid would probably be even more intense. A little over 3 years ago I tried L for the first time and it was one of the best days of my life! I've loved it ever since, although I have never smoked weed with it. Out of the 20 or 30 times I've tripped on L, I've probably had 2 or 3 difficult experiences but I was able to control this for the most part, as now I know much more about the "loop" and sense of timelessness.

I first tried DMT about two months ago at a music festival. A friend of a friend had some and he was willing to share with me and two of my very close friends from way back. As with my first time with any new substance, I wanted to take it slow. I took one or two medium tokes of the pipe and held each one in for only a few seconds. I got that feeling of everything vibrating and vision became a bit pixilated but I had no extreme effects. This is how I wanted it to be because I didn't want to dive right into it, obviously! The supplier of the spice was a really good trip leader; he was full of philosophical insight, intellectual logic, and colorful descriptions as he flowed with the most hypnotizing ramble that we all three of us soaked in. Luckily enough, I have kept in contact with him and have had the pleasure of running into him one night which led to an exchange of substances. He gave me around 150mg of DMT in exchange for 3 tabs of LSD. Apparently, this spice was much better quality than the one he had let me try before at the music festival. He had extracted both batches himself.

I held on to the spice for a while until one Sunday afternoon I thought it was time to try it out. This was yesterday. Only then did I realize that because I don't smoke, I don't own a pipe! What I did might be a huge n00b move, but it worked. I did what any high schooler does when they don't have a smoking device: I used an apple. Yes, I jammed a screwdriver down the top of the apple where the stem was and then put another hole in through the side to connect to the vertical pipeline. I also had to think of what I would use for leaf. I had some mugwort that my friend gave me a few months back. I've smoked it and brewed tea with it and now I would use it as a base for my spice. I did so and put maybe 10-15mg spice on top of the mugwort. Using a bic lighter I held the flame about half an inch above the spice so as not to burn it. I got one good medium sized toke and probably held it in for only five seconds. I honestly don't really remember what the effects were but I think it was something similar to the first time. This is not as grand as what I would experience soon later.

With some of the previous spice still halfway vaporized/melted atop the mugwort, I put another 30mg or so on top. This time I took one big rip and held it in for about ten seconds. I laid down on my bed and the room was low in lighting, sunlight coming from the bathroom window. Closing my eyes I began to experience a very familiar feeling, which I thought to be similar to dreaming, although I was awake. From what I can remember I saw wisps of curtains flowing in front of me and a genie-like female figure flying through the curtains as we traveled upwards. A few times during the trip I had my thoughts interrupt my trip as my mind tried to hold me back from following the genie. I have read a little bit about this and how the ego will try to hold one back. This is something I will remember for next time as I plan to completely let loose. Any insight on this from others would be WONDERFUL and I'd really appreciate your thoughts. Although I know that most psychonauts prefer silence while they trip, I had a very nice psychedelic ambient mix playing on low volume in the background (Kalpataru Tree - Live At Price, in case anyone was interested or familiar with this artist). I very much enjoyed the music and certain parts of the song went incredibly well with some of the feelings I was having, especially as the trip wore off. I later on listened to the mix trying to find the sounds I relished in so much but strangely enough, I don't so much notice these wispy-sounding dream-like murmuring sounds I heard during my trip. I opened my eyes and a big smile spread across my face! I felt at peace and as if I had discovered something great, something that I had hardly even begun to explore and was very excited to begin.

There was still about half of the bowl that appeared to be untouched by the flame. I did some more research on spice and a couple hours later I went back for round 3. This time I wanted to keep my eyes open to see what open-eye visuals I would experience. I took a big toke from the apple and held it in for ten seconds. As I went for the second toke I could feel the effects coming on quickly and I was only able to take about half a toke which I only held in for a few seconds. I put the apple down and everything in my room began to look pixilated and colors intensified. Actually what happened was everything looked like a cartoon. The walls closed in a bit in a trapezoid shape with the tops of the walls being closer together than the walls at the floor. Everything started swinging towards me and away from me as if my room were suspended like a swing set. I have this tiger skin pattern couch and the stripes became very thick and exaggerated like Tony the Tiger! I kept getting lost, forgetting that I was tripping (saying "what??" and "what the f***??"Pleased but then I would remember again. The room was silent but my computer screen had the iTunes visualizer on fullscreen which attracted my attention as well. My room basically looked like a clown funhouse! Almost scary! But I knew I was tripping and I stared in awe at everything, as this was the most intense hallucinations I have ever experienced.

Right now there is still some untouched looking spice in the apple bowl and I have yet to smoke it. I want to learn more and give it some time in between sessions before I give it another go. But at the same time I don't want the apple to go bad! Ha! I know that after talking with you wise folks on here I'll be able to prepare myself for the next soon to come journey of exploration. I would also later on like to post this experience in another thread where I think more people will be reading my story and provide feedback.

Thank you all for reading, and thank you everyone else (and you readers again!) for all of the information and wisdom you offer.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

gammagore
#2 Posted : 8/3/2010 11:13:05 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Me thinks you need to invest in a bong or a VG for more effective smoking methodSmile, closed eyes gives for a much better experience too, no distractions, no music, no itunes visuals.

Welcome to the Nexus!!

PS: are you thinking of extracting your own spice? much more rewarding this wayWink

Awaken
#3 Posted : 8/3/2010 4:35:42 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Yes I have been looking into various extraction processes. Maybe you can recommend something.

I plan on doing just that for next time, no music, closed eyes.

Thanks for the welcome Smile

RigelL
#4 Posted : 8/3/2010 6:24:15 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey awaken! Welcome =)

I do agree with Gamma, you gotta start extracting, nothing connects you more to the experience then making thoose lovelly xtals on your own. Norman´s tek works great for me, easy, quick and great pulls! But each to his own, so i guess if you ask 10 diferent nexians they have 10 diferent fav teks for ya. So try one that seens good for you and then move on from there.

Quote:
I have this tiger skin pattern couch and the stripes became very thick and exaggerated like Tony the Tiger! I kept getting lost, forgetting that I was tripping (saying "what??" and "what the f***??"

Lol sometimes i got that too, but mine were like Leopard spots, with what i associated with rainforest sounds (water, birds, animals?) it was a nice experience that one - changa with my jungle spice Razz

Good luck for your future extractions Pleased
It is no measure of health to be adjusted to a profundly sick society
Learning how to walk the earth respectfully

gammagore
#5 Posted : 8/3/2010 6:46:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Check through the Extraction teks, read through a few and see which suits you best.

As RigelL said, Nomans is nice for first time, panoramix a/b too. There are some food safe extraction teks aswell, just spend some time reading through and if you have any questions just shout.

HotTuna
#6 Posted : 8/4/2010 1:15:57 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Awaken wrote:
Yes I have been looking into various extraction processes. Maybe you can recommend something.

I plan on doing just that for next time, no music, closed eyes.

Thanks for the welcome Smile

Welcome! This is a great resource and has become an even better resource once I signed up. I'm looking forward to hearing how you blast off.

Although I'm quite new, it seems like an STB tek is the simplest with good yields.

Good luck!