We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
FOUND REAL YOPO HIGH IN DMT! FIRST TIME EVER! Options

69ron
#1 Posted : 8/5/2008 7:35:48 PM

DMT-Nexus member

FOUND REAL YOPO HIGH IN DMT! FIRST TIME EVER!

SWIM has stated time and time again that he’s used Yopo/Vilca many, many times and never found any that was high in DMT or 5-MeO-DMT and that the effects were nearly always from bufotenine.

Well, SWIM just found Yopo that is HIGH IN DMT and has almost no bufotenine at all. SWIM was very surprised by this. This is the FIRST TIME he came across such seeds. The alkaloid content was 1.2% DMT (and some DMT N-Oxide) and SWIM could not detect any bufotenine in it at all.

These seeds were called “Anadenanthera sp. - seeds (5) var. A. peregrina”.

SWIM was doing a typical A/B extraction on them using DCM as the non-polar solvent and noticed the results looked very different than it usually does. It was all sticky brownish amber instead of brittle crystalline amber. It also smelled and tasted very different. There was a strong hint of DMT in the smell and the taste. It didn’t have that typical bufotenine smell or taste at all.

SWIM vaporized 10 mg of it. It produced only mild DMT effects and the vapor tasted exactly like DMT mixed with a little bitter peanut like taste. The effects were unmistakably from only DMT. Nothing else was felt from it.

After that SWIM tested the vaporization temperature of the extract at different levels of heat. Nearly all of it vaporized at about 70 C. That portion smelled exactly like DMT. Above that a peanut like smell vaporized which was not bufotenine. At 310-330 C, where bufotenine would vaporize, nothing vaporized at all. So it was completely void of bufotenine!

SWIM is amazed to finally find Yopo with substantial amounts of DMT in it. This must be true Anadenanthera peregrina. SWIM has often heard that most vendors sell Anadenanthera colubrina as Anadenanthera peregrina. SWIM now believes that all of his past experiences with A. peregrina were all actually A. colubrina being falsely sold as A. peregrina.

SWIM is both amazed and a little disappointed. SWIM already has lots of DMT from mimosa, chacruna, and chaliponga, and was hoping to get more bufotenine. He likes bufotenine more than DMT.
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

acolon_5
#2 Posted : 8/5/2008 7:42:14 PM

The Great Namah

Sounds like the vendor I use. He does stock REAL Yopo, not just Cebil sold as yopo.

I was under the impression though that Yopo was full of 5-ho-dmt???? Good lord....what a confusing mess those scientists made for us explorers.
The Spice extends life
The Spice expands consciousness
The Spice is vital for space travel
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
Never underestimate the power of STUFF!

I am certifiably insane, as such all posts written by me should be regarded as utter nonsense or attempts to get attention.

I don't know SWIM and personally don't trust him at all. If SWIM is posting, most likely I will not respond...as I said, I don't trust the guy. YOU I trust, but never SWIM.

69ron
#3 Posted : 8/5/2008 7:57:31 PM

DMT-Nexus member

That’s the first time SWIM bought Yopo from that vendor. I’m sure you know what vendor that is. They’re the only ones who call it “Anadenanthera sp. - seeds (5) var. A. peregrina”.

Some people I know claim to have gotten 5-MeO-DMT effects from Yopo and no DMT or bufotenine effects from it. Talk about confusing!

So maybe there is a strain that is high in 5-MeO-DMT? I've heard that younger seeds contain more DMT and that older seeds contain more 5-MeO-DMT and 5-HO-DMT (bufotenine) because the latter chemicals are made initially from DMT in the plant. But that’s just a theory.

Where can SWIM get Yopo high in 5-MeO-DMT?
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

rellik
#4 Posted : 8/6/2008 4:52:01 AM

DMT-Nexus member

could you throw up a picture of your yopo seeds to use as comparison for the rest of us? thanks in advance Smile
all of my posts are fictional. please interpret them as such.

69ron
#5 Posted : 8/6/2008 8:37:34 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I wish it was that simple.

The problem is they look exactly the same as the Vilca seeds SWIM hasSad He can't tell them apart by appearanceSad Only by tasting them can he tell them apart. The other problem is he used his last bit of seeds up already. He's going to get another batch from the same vendor and see if the quality is consistent from that vendor or not. SWIM thinks he just got lucky that time and that the choice of vendor had little to do with it. Every other vendor he purchased Yopo from falsely sold him Vilca as Yopo.

Some vendors sell the large Vilca seeds as Yopo and the small ones as Vilca. Others sell the large Vilca seeds as Vilca and the small ones as Yopo! Because they look exactly the same, it's very hard to know if your getting the real deal or not until you either taste them or use them.

Look at it from the supplier's point of view. They know the vendor can’t tell the difference by appearance. And they know they can sell Yopo at a higher price than Vilca. So what do most suppliers do? Well, they take all the smaller Vilca seeds that would sell at a low price as Vilca and tell the vendor that they are Yopo seeds and sell them for a higher price to the vendor. Then they take the large seeds and sell them to the vendor as Vilca. Then the vendor sells them to you. I don’t think it’s the vendors fault. They are most likely being tricked by the suppliers and occasionally the suppliers have real Yopo and the vendors actually get lucky. That's what I think happens anyway. I think SWIM just got lucky.

rellik
#6 Posted : 8/8/2008 12:25:08 AM

DMT-Nexus member

ah, thanks i have never seen supposed cebil, vilca before. i guess i will have to use the reputable site that labels with (5) for my future yopo purchases.

69ron
#7 Posted : 8/8/2008 5:01:55 AM

DMT-Nexus member

If you get lucky too let me know.

I'm not sure any vendor is reliable, not even that one. I think SWIM just got lucky that time. SWIM will try the same vendor once more and see if he gets lucky again. I doubt it. I think it's just like using the slot machines in Vegas. It doesn't really matter which one you use, you eventually get lucky after wasting lots of money. And then that "winning" machine is no good anymore no matter how much money you through into it.

rellik
#8 Posted : 8/8/2008 11:54:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

http://forums.ayahuasca....bb/viewtopic.php?t=11544 , read post 5. Someone goes into detail on how to differentiate Cebil/Vilca vs. Yopo

Quote:
Vilca/cebil seeds (no matter whether they are large or small) have an interesting identifying mark: it has a "U" shaped etching on the seedcoat on just one side, whereas peregrina seedcoats are uniformly smooth and have no such etching of any kind on either side of the seed.
-quoted from druiddream

i guess the yopo that i have is just mislabeled cebil...

69ron
#9 Posted : 8/9/2008 5:59:02 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hmmmm...SWIM doesn't have anymore of those seeds to check for that detail. He'll check next time he gets them if he ever gets lucky again.

benzyme
#10 Posted : 8/9/2008 6:05:40 AM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

69ron wrote:

These seeds were called “Anadenanthera sp. - seeds (5) var. A. peregrina”.

yessir.

it's referenced in the Merck Index 12th ed. under n,n-dimethyltryptamine.
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted." ~ hassan i sabbah
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

'Coatl
#11 Posted : 8/25/2008 7:51:44 PM

Teotzlcoatl

Suicybe needs to check this out!
WARNING: DO NOT INGEST ANY BOTANICAL WHICH YOU HAVE NOT FULLY RESEARCHED AND CORRECTLY IDENTIFIED!!!

I am Teotzlcoatl, older cousin of Quetzalcoatl. My most famous physical incarnation was Nezahualcoyotl, but I have taken many forms since the dawn of the cosmos. In this realm I manifest as multiple entities at a single time. I am many, I am numbered. I am few, but more than one. I am a multifaceted being, a winged serpent with many heads. We are Teotzlcoatl.

"We Are The One's We've Been Waiting For" - Hopi Proverb

Entropymancer
#12 Posted : 8/25/2008 8:20:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumExtraordinary knowledge | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumModerator | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumChemical expert | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumSenior Member | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorum

Lots of DMT and no bufotenine? That contradicts every single published chemical analysis of the seeds, of both species and all known cultivars. This could be a serious discovery! At the very least, you ought to fire off a letter to Constantino Manuel Torres about it.

I'd like to see chemical and botanical analysis of these seeds published. It very well could require some botanical reconsideration of the genus Anadenanthera.

If this is true, it turns a lot of current understanding of the seeds aquarely on its head.

69ron
#13 Posted : 8/26/2008 4:17:32 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Entropymancer, Constantino Manuel Torres coauthored a book called "Anadenanthera: Visionary Plant of Ancient South America" and in that book there are references to strains of Yopo that contain no bufotenine. One such reference is on page 115 of that book where one batch was found to contain no bufotenine at all.

'Coatl
#14 Posted : 8/26/2008 5:02:30 AM

Teotzlcoatl

This is truly amazing!

I can't wait to dream these wonderful Yopo dreams!
WARNING: DO NOT INGEST ANY BOTANICAL WHICH YOU HAVE NOT FULLY RESEARCHED AND CORRECTLY IDENTIFIED!!!

I am Teotzlcoatl, older cousin of Quetzalcoatl. My most famous physical incarnation was Nezahualcoyotl, but I have taken many forms since the dawn of the cosmos. In this realm I manifest as multiple entities at a single time. I am many, I am numbered. I am few, but more than one. I am a multifaceted being, a winged serpent with many heads. We are Teotzlcoatl.

69ron
#15 Posted : 8/26/2008 12:57:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

'Coatl wrote:
This is truly amazing!

I can't wait to dream these wonderful Yopo dreams!

According to most tests, Yopo usually contains at least some bufotenine. But these strains that are void of bufotenine do exist. SWIM didn’t believe it until he got a batch once himself.

Good luck searching for them. SWIM bought Yopo hundreds of times and only came across such seeds ONCE. It would be nice to grow more of them if SWIM ever gets such seeds again (but SWIM’s area is too dry to grow them so he’d have to get a friend to grow them).

'Coatl
#16 Posted : 8/26/2008 3:43:17 PM

Teotzlcoatl

Dude you gotta save 'em and grow 'em next time!

'Coatl
#17 Posted : 10/27/2008 1:53:14 AM

Teotzlcoatl

For god's sake is anybody growing the real deal?

Cultivation should be of the upmost importance when a new strain of an entheogen is discovered.