We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV123
Dubstep? Options

State of the Mind
#41 Posted : 7/25/2010 12:05:10 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I've been listening to dubstep for about 2 years now and quite enjoy it. However it's not my favourite genre, I prefer Hip Hop. Very happy

The problem with dubstep is that it seems to easy too produce Dubstep all you need is a computer program. As a result you get a lot of garbage music produced, this puts Dubstep in a bad light and is the reason why "good" dubstep is quite hard to find. Sad

The way I see dubstep is that you have two sides to the genre, the "Filth" category of Dubstep, that all the kids of today seem to love.
Examples of these types of songs would be:

Rusko - Woo Boost
Dan Le Sac VS Scroobius Pip - Sick Tonight (Doctor P Remix)
Taio Cruz ft Ke$ha - Dirty Picture (Cookie Monsta Remix)

However you also have the more chilled out Dubstep that is much much better in my opinion.
Such songs as:

Burial & Four Tet - Moth
Benga - Zero M2
Benga - Man On A Mission
And finnaly Mt Eden - Sierra Lione, many people are very negative about Mt Eden, however I think this song is out of this world.

I hope this will help people to appreciate Dubstep. Very happy Very happy Very happy
People spend their lives searching for perfect moments and fail to see, that there are many unappreciated perfect moments everyday that are overlooked.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Queen-of-Fables
#42 Posted : 7/27/2010 2:39:50 PM

DMT-Nexus member

SPICE DUBSTEP FOR THE PSYCHONAUTS...YEA!

Thought this was clever.. Artist: MIMOSA Record: HOSTILIS
Song: MISCONCEPTIONS http://www.youtube.com/w...4&videos=4XDsL1nyvxw

And this is a wicked tune.. Artist: NiT GnT Song: DIMETHYLTRIPTAMINE http://soundcloud.com/nit-grit/dimethyltryptamine

Dubstep is really fun to dance to on psychedelics and ketamine.

ElusiveMind
#43 Posted : 7/28/2010 6:44:15 AM

DMT-Nexus member

My oh my oh my... just passing by and what do i find? A nice topic on my favorite genre, dubstep Very happy

Nice find Queen-of-Fables on the NiT GriT song.

Here's some stuff I've has been listening to lately

Some nice old stuff.... getting back to original dubstep...before it went main stream
Kode9 - 9 samurai

Nice and chill after a long day Wink
L-Wiz - Fruit Shop

And this one blasted my elf away when he was on shrooms... with surround sound and on repeat... just stunned my elf was...
Undaground Soundz - Arabian Nights
The Tea Party wrote:
We exist in a world where the fear of Illusion is real
And we cling to the past to deny and confuse the ideal

DMTripper wrote:
Bliss of ignorance -> pain of knowledge -> integrate -> bliss of knowledge.

SWIM and ElusiveMind are fictional characters and everything they say is fictional

Gir
#44 Posted : 7/28/2010 2:46:00 PM

Gir

I just started listening to this stuff... I still havent figured out if I like it yet...

Dubstep 2010 - R U Ready - Drumsound and Bassline Smith

Its extremely hard music that makes me dance no matter where I am.. I enjoy that fact. But sometimes when I have my beats on and people can HEAR the vibration of my brain and give me weird looks... they just dont understand that the sound makes me feel good... again im not quite sure why......

The Qemist ft. Wiley - Dem Na Like Me (subscape dub) Twisted Evil

Ugh it makes me feel so good for some reason Razz

I really enjoy the DnB style dubstep... much more than the "Gangster" dubstep..
Lets go extract something together Smile

house wrote:
19:10:05 โ€นhouseโ€บ mama aya gave me lego man eye healers

Smoke Spice, NOW

Gir likes to tell lies, and the truth, but gir cant even tell the difference between them...

http://www.thevenusproject.com/index.phpTHIS IS THE VENUS PROJECT.

ElusiveMind
#45 Posted : 7/28/2010 10:07:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Gir wrote:

Its extremely hard music that makes me dance no matter where I am.. I enjoy that fact. But sometimes when I have my beats on and people can HEAR the vibration of my brain and give me weird looks... they just dont understand that the sound makes me feel good... again im not quite sure why......

HAHA, same here Gir. No matter where I am I always wanna wobble or move or tap to the beat.... or just skank about Razz I get the weirdest looks from my friends sometimes when I put my tunes on at parties.... but once everyone has had enough to drink, I put on the sick tunes on again and everyone THEN realizes why I love this genre.... and if you have GOOD subwoofers and a good balance between the bass and mid and high frequencies, it just takes me over. Wink Razz The only thing i dont like is when someone decides to put TOO much bass on and it overwhelms the complex beats... Just my 2 cents. NOW GET BACK TO DA SKANKIN BEAT!!!
The Tea Party wrote:
We exist in a world where the fear of Illusion is real
And we cling to the past to deny and confuse the ideal

DMTripper wrote:
Bliss of ignorance -> pain of knowledge -> integrate -> bliss of knowledge.

SWIM and ElusiveMind are fictional characters and everything they say is fictional

State of the Mind
#46 Posted : 8/2/2010 3:50:15 AM

DMT-Nexus member

ElusiveMind wrote:
Some nice old stuff.... getting back to original dubstep...before it went main stream
Kode9 - 9 samurai

Nice and chill after a long day
L-Wiz - Fruit Shop

And this one blasted my elf away when he was on shrooms... with surround sound and on repeat... just stunned my elf was...
Undaground Soundz - Arabian Nights

I have always loved 9 Samurai. Seems so dark and mystical. Kode 9 is such a good artist. Very happy

Arabian Nights seems like another great song. I used to hate the slow tempo dubstep, however I can't seem to get enough of it now. Confused Confused

Here is my favourite song right now ...
Scuba - So You Think You're Special
People spend their lives searching for perfect moments and fail to see, that there are many unappreciated perfect moments everyday that are overlooked.

rOm
#47 Posted : 8/2/2010 9:06:23 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Queen-of-Fables wrote:
SPICE DUBSTEP FOR THE PSYCHONAUTS...YEA!

Thought this was clever.. Artist: MIMOSA Record: HOSTILIS
Song: MISCONCEPTIONS http://www.youtube.com/w...4&videos=4XDsL1nyvxw

And this is a wicked tune.. Artist: NiT GnT Song: DIMETHYLTRIPTAMINE http://soundcloud.com/nit-grit/dimethyltryptamine

Dubstep is really fun to dance to on psychedelics and ketamine.

Hhahaah nice one !!
And hell yeah SWIM got deep into the genre while partying in london squat's (where k is a famous ingredient of the dancefloor).

Goth trad
Breakage
Broken note
Ebola
Elemental
Secret agent gel
Atki2
Emalkay
Ital tek
Warlock

these are not exactly the "proper" dubstep but more of hybrid style which I find worth a ear when coming from broken beats scene.
I love Filastine work too...
Smell like tea n,n spirit !

Toke the toke, and walk the walk !

State of the Mind
#48 Posted : 8/3/2010 2:52:16 PM

DMT-Nexus member

rOm wrote:

Goth trad
Breakage
Broken note
Ebola
Elemental
Secret agent gel
Atki2
Emalkay
Ital tek
Warlock

Quite a wide array of artists there. Only ever heard of Goth Trad, Breakage and Emalkay. So went and looked up a few artists. Very happy

Listened to Broken Note and found it way to heavy. It was like listening to cookie monsta or Datsik. Rolling eyes Crying or very sad

Looked up Warlock, however wasn't sure I found the correct artist. Did like his music though.

Queen-of-Fables wrote:

Got listening to NiT GriT and this is not one of his best songs. I prefer NiT GriT - Serotonin Syndrome. Great Artist though. Nice post.

PREV123