We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
123NEXT»
Space Jam (Space Paste) - A Legal Psychedelic Recipe Options

69ron
#1 Posted : 7/29/2010 9:04:53 AM

DMT-Nexus member

This is an interesting mix of legal herbs that is said to produce a very serious psychedelic trip. It's called "Space Jam" and "Space Paste". This recipe is all over the place with different names and even appears on Erowid.

4 parts nutmeg (ground from whole nutmeg)
4 parts almonds (soak overnight and rinse)
4 parts raw pistachios
2 parts cinnamon
1 part cumin
1 part tarragon
1 part oregano
1 part basil
1 part turmeric
1/2 part cayenne pepper
1/2 part black pepper
maple syrup (to taste)

Grind all the dry ingredients into a very fine powder. Add syrup and mix. About 2 tablespoons makes a "decent dose".

All ingredients need to be present. It’s said that if any one of the herbs are omitted, it doesn’t work well.

SWIM has never tried this but heard from quite a few reputable sources that it works.

Has anyone here ever tried this old psychedelic recipe?
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

D_Juggz
#2 Posted : 7/29/2010 9:16:46 AM

Dr Do Little

Hahahaha, I'm interested to try this. Can you perhaps explain to us the chemistry behind this concoction Ron?
jk.
The hardest thing of all is to find a black cat in a dark room, especially if there is no cat.
-Confucius

"Under the skin of our lives; somewhere deep and early, forgotten, we all share the same dreams"

sunshineandsmiles
#3 Posted : 7/29/2010 9:31:26 AM

Sol-Id

Also...how much is a part? Do I go by weight or volume? Perhaps both?

Sounds intriguing though Smile
TIME WILL TELL...

69ron
#4 Posted : 7/29/2010 10:02:20 AM

DMT-Nexus member

D_Juggz wrote:
Hahahaha, I'm interested to try this. Can you perhaps explain to us the chemistry behind this concoction Ron?
jk.

HA HA HA HA! That's out of my scope of knowledge. But looking a the ingredients I can see several reasons why some of the spices are there.

I can see that whoever thought up this recipe is very knowledgeable. This is not some half baked scene, it’s very well thought out.

Nutmeg contains the known psychedelics myristicin and elemicin.

Black pepper contains the known psychedelic myristicin. It also contains beta-caryophyllene. It also contains piperine which enhances the effects of many drugs and may enhance bioavailability of curcumin by 2000% in humans.

Turmeric contains curcumin which is a selective monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) of type MAO-A which should in theory increase the effectiveness of both elemicin and myristicin. And since it's combined with black pepper, it's curcumin should be many times more effective!

Cinnamon contains eugenol which is said to boost the effects of psychedelics. It also contains something called cinnamolaurine which looks like a psychedelic on its own. This compound might require an MAOI to be active, such as that found in turmeric.

Oregano contains thymol which has GABAergic activity. I’m not sure what that does.

Basil contains beta-caryophyllene which was shown to selectively bind to the cannabinoid receptor type-2 (CB2) which might potentiate the effects of myristicin and elemicin.

As I look into this, I see each piece in this recipe has some science behind it. Someone did there homework on this one. I’ll bet it works really well.
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

69ron
#5 Posted : 7/29/2010 10:19:43 AM

DMT-Nexus member

The almonds and pistachios...what the hell are those for? Is that for flavor? There's a lot of these two nuts present in the recipe.

It's said that all ingredients need to be present or it doesn't work well. If that's for real, what could the almonds and pistachios do? Does anyone have any idea? Are these providing fats and oils to aid in the digestion of the psychedelic essential oils myristicin and elemicin? Hmmm.

SWIM knows from experience that elemicin needs something with it to help digest it or it's pretty much ineffective. SWIM uses milk for that. Maybe almonds and pistachios work better? Hmmm.

Dimitrius
#6 Posted : 7/29/2010 11:03:31 AM

DMT-Nexus member

In the list of MAOI's on wiki, under 'Herbal Drugs' it lists piperine under 'Selective MAO-B Inhibitors'.

Don't know what might be extra 'special' about pistachios and almonds, but without them it's just spices mixed in maple syrup.

Now, what effects does this 'Space Jam' induce??
"Within your heart is a lotus, and within this lotus is a diamond. This diamond is the source of creation, and in all the creation, there is only one lotus."

"Only from the Heart can you touch the sky." ~ Rumi

magickpencil
#7 Posted : 7/29/2010 1:51:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

SWIM wanted to procure mix up this goop a couple years ago but SWIM's friends laughed at SWIM for thinking that a bunch of spices and nuts in maple syrup would be worth the effort
Please prove them wrong
All posts by magickpencil are works of fiction; any relation to real persons or events is purely coincidental

On my naming day when I come 12 I gone front spear and kilt a wyld boar he parbly ben the las wyld pig on the Bundel Downs any how there hadnt ben none for a long time befor him nor I aint looking to see none agen. He dint make the groun shake nor nothing like that when he come on to my spear he wernt all that big plus he lookit poorly. He done the reqwyrt he ternt and stood and clattert his teef and made his rush and there we wer then. Him on 1 end of the spear kicking his life out and me on the other end watching him dy. I said, 'Your tern now my tern later.'

gibran2
#8 Posted : 7/29/2010 2:55:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expertSenior Member

I’m not sure if it would be psychedelic, but I bet it wouldn’t be bad on some barbequed chicken! Mmmm… good.
gibran2 is a fictional character. Any resemblance to anyone living or dead is purely coincidental.

D_Juggz
#9 Posted : 7/29/2010 4:16:50 PM

Dr Do Little

Whats the secret ingredient?
Answer: Mescaline!
The hardest thing of all is to find a black cat in a dark room, especially if there is no cat.
-Confucius

"Under the skin of our lives; somewhere deep and early, forgotten, we all share the same dreams"

ms_manic_minxx
#10 Posted : 7/29/2010 6:20:33 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I'd have to arrange something with a sitter (due to extreme sensitivity and previous history of tripping unintentionally on food items Pleased ), but this sounds like something fun and easy to try. I'll bet it would be much better to use raw, unpasturized almonds and pistachios, too. Smile

I saw a slightly different recipe for this somewhere that also included vanilla bean! Whole vanilla is LOADED with goodies, too... and mmm... so yummy. <3
Some things will come easy, some will be a test

69ron
#11 Posted : 7/29/2010 8:48:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

gibran2 wrote:
I’m not sure if it would be psychedelic, but I bet it wouldn’t be bad on some barbequed chicken! Mmmm… good.

The more I look into this the more I can see this is a very well thought out mix of herbs. The guy who put this together is an herb genius. I’m sure I can learn something from this guy. I wish I knew who the inventor was. I’m very curious how this person came up with this recipe.

Nutmeg is the magic ingredient here. But without the other herbs, the trip will be too weak to be of any use. There’s not enough nutmeg to be very effective on its own. The other compounds serve to greatly potentiate the effects of the myristicin and elemicin present in the nutmeg.

Be careful trying this out. If you do, make sure you have at least 36 hours to trip. This is basically a souped up nutmeg trip. It’s got a few MAOI compounds in it, a compound that affects a cannabis receptor, and quite a few other things in it.

Here’s a trip report from Erowid:

Erowid wrote:
About a year ago, my life got really fucked up. I got in shit loads of trouble with my parents because in the course of about 2 weeks, my friends and i got in trouble for doing shrooms on a school trip, my best friend got sent off to, and had escaped from a rehab center, and i got caught going to 2 raves. I spent about 8 months completely clean from there, because my parents drug tested me. I realized that the only drug i had actually liked was marijuana. Everytime i had taken extacy or shrooms or whatever, i would find myself wishing that i had a nice bong-load instead. Anyway, the first couple months of being clean were hell. Once school started, i was pissed off at the whole world. Then i got over it, and was doing fine until the stress of final exams hit me like a brick. After searching the internet for tricks to get a 'natural high', i came across the Erowid Vaults, and found nutmeg. I read the reports, some sounded scary as hell, and some sounded perfect. It mentioned that some of the bad effects of nutmeg could be reduced if it were taken in the form of 'Space Paste'.
Here is the recipe i got off the net:

'From: J. Tye
~Subject: Space paste! (was Re: nutmeg as a hallucinogen)
~Date: Sat, 29 Jun 91 01:59:09 GMT
Organization: The Scantily Clad Orangutans, Inc.

'Space Paste'
heart chakra, but it's a legal high that will get you pleasantly
buzzed. :-)

DO NOT OMIT ANY INGREDIENTS. Trust me.

4 parts nutmeg (ground from whole nutmeg)
4 parts almonds (soak almonds overnight and rinse)
4 parts *raw* pistachios
2 parts cinnamon
1 part cumin
1 part tarragon
1 part oregano
1 part basil
1 part tumeric
1/2 part cayenne pepper
1/2 part black pepper
To taste: Maple Syrup
One part equals 1/4 cup.

[if you want to make enough for about 500 people, that is.
Try 1 part=1 tablespoon--ed]

- Use only whole nutmeg. Not pre-ground.
- Grind up all ingredients with a spice grinder or food processor.
- Mix in Maple syrup until consistency of paste.
- Do not omit any ingredient, or it will NOT work.

Okay, you've gone this far, time to enjoy. The strong at heart will spread some on toast. I like it blended in milk. It has a real strong taste, so it's best to put it in the milk, fire up the blender, pour it into a glass and chug it down in one gulp. Start with two tablespoons. Effects begin in two hours. I've known brave souls who take a cup at a time. Maybe that's why they disappear for a couple of days.'

I went to the store, bought some fresh nutmeg, ground it up, and followed the recipe using 1 part = 1 tablespoon. I couldn't find raw pistachio nuts, so i used roasted ones, and i couldn't find cayann pepper either- so i left it out. I mixed up the ingredients with honey, making a pasty brown substance, and mixed about 2 tablespoons of it into some cinnamon spice flavored tea. It actually didnt taste that bad until the last sip (if you do this make sure to stir a lot!!!) I began to feel a little buzzed after about half an hour. It increased after that, seeming to rise in intervals of little trippy bursts every once in a while. It grew increasingly similar to a marajuana buzz. For the next 3 or 4 hours it was almost identical to the experience of eating pot brownies (the difference between ingesting pot in brownies and smoking it is that when you smoke it, you instantly get high, peak, and then it fades away, whereas ingestion leads to similar bursts of 'high' and the duration of the high depends on the each individual's digestive system).

I felt the same euphoria, a little bit of the irritation in my eyes, but not as much, I had a small case of the munchies, and cotton mouth was ok, at least at that point. I watched the movie 'Dick', laughed my ass off and went to sleep, experiencing mild hallucinations- similar to those ive had on marijuana. The sleep was very deep and very relaxed, and i had trouble waking up in the morning. The cotton mouth, which had gotten worse by the time i went to sleep, was awful in the morning, and i was very tired, but that was the extent of the rumored horrible hangover that everyone keeps on writing about.

That morning, at about 8:45 AM, i had another cup of tea with two more generous tablespoons of space paste. I was stoned ALL DAY LONG!!!! This is one of the advantages of nutmeg- it is much cheaper than pot and lasts much longer. That was yesterday. I woke up this morning with severe drymouth and ive had a light headache today, but other than that i feel very relaxed, and very nice. my guess is that the horrible rumors about nutmeg came from people who overdosed on the stuff. Two tablespoons of Space paste, which may not even have a whole tablespoon of pure nutmeg in it, works great and im glad i have found a nice, easy, legal means of getting very stoned

That's found here: http://www.erowid.org/experiences/exp.php?ID=1619

Ginkgo
#12 Posted : 7/29/2010 9:13:31 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I wouldn't call anyone a genius for figuring out that MAOIs and cytochrome P450-inhibitors combined with nutmeg may be stronger than nutmeg alone... What is done here is simply combining an hallucinogenic spice - nutmeg, with any and all legal spices that theoretically may potentate the nutmeg. The receipt will absolutely be psychedelic if taken in sufficient quantities, but the nutmeg high is associated with a broad range of adverse effects. Any and everyone is better off with any other psychedelic.

69ron
#13 Posted : 7/29/2010 9:27:17 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I would call this guy a genius.

The main reason I posted this thread is because I’m very curious what all of these ingredients do.

I don’t think this is a random mix of herbs some nutjob cooked up. There’s very interesting real pharmacological science behind most of the herbs here.

The nutmeg is obvious, it contains myristicin and elemicin. Pepper and turmeric contain MAOIs. Pepper contains an MAOI that greatly potentiates the MAOI effects of tumeric. This is very interesting to me. I think I can learn from this recipe. I would like to know what each piece does. I’ve looked into most of these herbs and I’ve seen that their use here is well thought out.

I’ve noticed that a lot of these items are found in legal herbal high pills in different ratios. Black pepper is used a lot in legal herbal high pills. It’s not filler. It potentiates the effects of a lot of drugs.

A while ago I recall a thread on this forum about using turmeric as an MAOI. It produces very clear cut psychoactive effects on its own.

This mix is not just going to produce a nutmeg trip. It's going to be different because of the other psychoactive compounds present in it.

69ron
#14 Posted : 7/29/2010 10:10:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Evening Glory wrote:
the nutmeg high is associated with a broad range of adverse effects.

I don’t think you actually read much of what I posted. It’s not simply a nutmeg experience.

This recipe, according to those who’ve tried it say it has much less side effects than whole nutmeg.

Evening Glory wrote:
Any and everyone is better off with any other psychedelic.

What? Man, you never even tried this recipe so how do you know anything about it? You are too quick to say negative things about anything that has nutmeg in it.

SWIM has tried up to 0.5 ml of nutmeg essential oil and found it to be as good as acid with no side effects at that dose. Definitely something worth repeating. SWIM has also tried nutmeg powder like you did and that pretty much sucked. SWIM has not tried this recipe. According to the list of ingredients it’s not just a nutmeg trip.

This recipe would probably be even better if nutmeg oil or elemi oil was substituted for the nutmeg. The main toxins in nutmeg are NOT found in nutmeg essential oil. If SWIM ever tried anything like this he would use nutmeg essential oil instead of nutmeg.

MelCat
#15 Posted : 7/29/2010 10:15:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

69ron wrote:

This recipe would probably be even better if nutmeg oil or elemi oil was substituted for the nutmeg.

I was thinking that same thing. I'm very interested in trying this since everything is so common and legal.

I'm with Ron... Don't knock it till ya try it!
Convert a melodic element into a rhythmic element...

gammagore
#16 Posted : 7/29/2010 10:30:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Whicked!!!

Il give this a try for sure, when I have a few days free next il crush up some Space Jam.

Thanks ronSmile

jamie
#17 Posted : 7/29/2010 10:34:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

I would try it but I dont like speedy psychedelics much at all..I get the feeling nutmeg oil and elemi oil would make me anxious and restless for a day or so..im not big on stimulants, especially long lasting ones..I dont think my nerves like them..the only exceptions are light doses of MDMA and moderate doses of mescaline.
Long live the unwoke.

Ginkgo
#18 Posted : 7/29/2010 10:38:03 PM

DMT-Nexus member

69ron wrote:
Evening Glory wrote:
Any and everyone is better off with any other psychedelic.

What? Man, you never even tried this recipe so how do you know anything about it? You are too quick to say negative things about anything that has nutmeg in it.

SWIM has tried up to 0.5 ml of nutmeg essential oil and found it to be as good as acid with no side effects at that dose. Definitely something worth repeating. SWIM has also tried nutmeg powder like you did and that pretty much sucked. SWIM has not tried this recipe. According to the list of ingredients it’s not just a nutmeg trip.

This recipe would probably be even better if nutmeg oil or elemi oil was substituted for the nutmeg. The main toxins in nutmeg are NOT found in nutmeg essential oil. If SWIM ever tried anything like this he would use nutmeg essential oil instead of nutmeg.

Nutmeg oil is a bit other story than whole nutmeg, when stating that people would be better off with any other psychedelic I was referring to the ground-up nut, as the recipe states. There is no evidence that the mix given a recipe for here is anything else than a potentiated nutmeg experience. Sure it is active and sure some might find it fun, but please let's call a spade a spade.

This mix is nutmeg + certain spices that acts as inhibitors of certain enzymes. These enzymes are likely to break down elemicin and myristicin, therefore the inhibitors of said enzymes are likely to potentiate the experience and perhaps twist it a bit. But it is still a nutmeg experience. That is why I have my serious doubts that this will even be comparable to any of the usual psychedelics.

corridors of my cells
#19 Posted : 7/29/2010 11:14:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Interesting recipe man.. i can deffinately understand how u feel about this recipe.. and i would like to try it myself oneday soon, eventho i hate normal nutmeg trip.. but since the quantity of the nutmeg used here doesnt seem much to me, it looks apealing... thanks for sharing this info..

Dimitrius
#20 Posted : 7/30/2010 12:01:42 AM

DMT-Nexus member

69ron wrote:

How much nutmeg oil would SWIY recommend one use in this recipe, for a person who has never tripped on nutmeg before...if say....1 part = 1 tablespoon?

What about elemi oil?

"Within your heart is a lotus, and within this lotus is a diamond. This diamond is the source of creation, and in all the creation, there is only one lotus."

"Only from the Heart can you touch the sky." ~ Rumi

123NEXT»