We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Poll Question : Is Ayahuasca more healing than Pharmahuasca
Choice Votes Statistics
Yes, something is missing from Pharma... 4 50 %
No, I don't miss the *other* substances... 1 12 %
Equivalent, I am able to achieve healing from both equally... 3 37 %

Is Ayahuasca more healing than Pharmahuasca? Options

plumsmooth
#1 Posted : 7/27/2010 2:52:23 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for taking the time to consider this question.
Many people are drawn to further refinement, and rightfully so, this is evolving shamanism:
Integrating new and novel methods to improve ones practice.
However, it can be tricky, when for some reason, one goes too far and loses healing value.
That is what this poll is about: Healing Value as a determinant for the answer.
Of course healing isn't everyone's intention when working with the plants.
Some may just want to see, or be shown something in which case this poll would not apply.
One thing I sometimes wonder is if it is the morphogenetic signature that is playing a role in differences, rather than the physical dimension of concoction on the body.
As if the brew might be like an organized key that taps into the collective historical and present energy field...

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

SnozzleBerry
#2 Posted : 7/27/2010 3:28:25 PM

omnia sunt communia!

Moderator | Skills: Growing (plants/mushrooms), Research, Extraction troubleshooting, Harmalas, Revolution (theory/practice)

YES!!!! Ime, it's not even close. The residual afterglow, good mood, and healing linger for several days to a week after I drink Ayahuasca. After pharmahuasca, the next day feels good, but it's not even remotely in the same realm. Also, I find I'm much more likely to have residual headaches from high harmalas in pharma than from too much vine in Aya, but I think that's a personal thing, as I know many people report feeling harmala-hungover if they take too much vine.
WikiAttitudeFAQ
The NexianNexus ResearchThe OHT
In New York, we wrote the legal number on our arms in marker...To call a lawyer if we were arrested.
In Istanbul, People wrote their blood types on their arms. I hear in Egypt, They just write Their names.
גם זה יעבור

soulfood
#3 Posted : 7/27/2010 3:33:42 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: DMT, Harmaloids, Bufotenine, Mescaline, Trip advice

I think it's easier to "get it right" with pharmahuasca. It's just a case of measuring out a few powders and it only takes a little while to figure out what works for you.

Ayahuasca takes more of a skill to deliver the same efficency. You need to know the properties of the materials you are working with and learn to brew them efficently. I imagine that getting an ayahuasca just right has a very rewarding side to it which is an element missing from pharmahuasca, though I believe on a mechanical level they are quite similar. Although I do find something quite cosy about the chemicals in their natural state brewed in water over substances that have been chemically extracted.

But I can't really vote on this one because there are so many variations of the 2.

jamie
#4 Posted : 7/27/2010 4:24:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

What about haoma?..why is rue always lumped in with "pharma"?

What if your pharma, consists of a full spectrum caapi extraction with light?..This is too broad a question to answer. Ive never had a harmala hangover..thats the first time I have heard of this..
Long live the unwoke.

soulfood
#5 Posted : 7/27/2010 4:39:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

mombreast wrote:
What about Caapi Copy?
Should this be included in Pharma or Aya?

I'd say pharma, as it's only the alkaloids from caapi. Caapi contains lots of oils and other goodness other than just alkaoids.

plumsmooth
#6 Posted : 7/27/2010 4:53:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
What about haoma?..why is rue always lumped in with "pharma"?

I'm guessing because it is thought of as an analogue instead of part of the traditional Ayahuasca, to which the Vine is ascribed because of tradition and meaning: The very name Ayahuasca refers to the "vine of the dead" not the "seeds of the dead".

Of course I assume you know all that already at 4,111. Therefore I would never try to explain it like I was telling you something you don't already know (respect).

Maybe you could call unrefined Rue Ayahuasca "Ruehuasca". I guess Ayahuasca brewed as tea substituting Rue for VIne falls somewhere in between Ayahuasca and Pharmahuasa, or really in its own category... maybe?

jamie
#7 Posted : 7/27/2010 5:35:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

The traditional name for rue tea is "haoma"..Id say its better to make the distinction between, ayahuasca, pharma, and haoma..pharma can be like..anything you know..can be pure harmine only with spice, or THH, or harmaline..even other non harmala MAOI's..or it can be a mixture of 2 of them..or more..its just such a broad thing..

I wouldnt call a rue brew "ruehuasca".. "huasca" implies caapi..mean "of souls" or "of the dead" in the traditonal linguistc context..I know that basically what we do here is eclectic..but still I dont like to shatter the cultural context of these things anymore than we have to..this is why i like the term "haoma" for rue teas.
Long live the unwoke.

Apoc
#8 Posted : 7/27/2010 6:03:41 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I feel good after ayahuasca.... but good only in the sense that I feel good after I've had the flu. Pharma is a better afterglow.

polytrip
#9 Posted : 7/27/2010 6:20:46 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Location: A speck of dust in endless space, like everyone else.
I've never encountered anything that works better than caapi. But i've never tried pure THH.
I personally don't like rue.

soulfood
#10 Posted : 7/27/2010 6:23:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I find pure THH gives the least coloured experience for DMT activation and also the clearest head, whereas ayahuasca has a very of this world, jungley feeling and has that slight dreamy feeling too it.