We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
DMT and Ketamine Options

danlemon
#1 Posted : 7/24/2010 4:47:16 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Ketamine goes absolutely great with psychedelics and it's the only way I do it now. Even before partaking in dmt, I always felt DMT and ketamine would be one of the most POWERFUL combinations. What do you guys feel about this combo? Who has taken it and how was it done? I would assume taking the K and then the DMT right after? I would love to hear other people's view on this subject.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

gammagore
#2 Posted : 7/24/2010 5:16:50 PM

DMT-Nexus member

If I had some K lying around id give it a go. A little vaped DMT after the K has come on, sounds like it could work quite well.

d*l*b
#3 Posted : 7/24/2010 5:23:29 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I have played with both of them together once before, using the K first and then following up a while later with some spice. I had a great experience, I wasn’t k-holed, just slightly stimulated. I don’t know whether it would be better or worse if I did go that far. The girl I was with had a very hellish experience that night, but whether it was down to the chemicals or something else I couldn’t say.

Give it a try, but maybe start with fairly small amounts of ketamine.
D × V × F > R

State of the Mind
#4 Posted : 7/24/2010 5:27:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I have thought about this combination before as it sounds amazing. I have read many reports about ketamine and have always wanted to try it. However, getting hold of good ketamine in my area would be difficuilt. Most of the ketamine I have seen in my area is cut to hell with crap that you do not want to be introducing into your system.

One thing I would say is that when taking DMT on the peak of any other drug, you have to make sure you are experienced with taking DMT sober. I find one of the most reassuring things while travelling on DMT is that I will be back to myself within 20-30 minutes. However this is not the case when taking DMT on the peak of any other drug, when you come back from the DMT travels, you are still going to be under the influence of drugs. You need to be prepared for this. Also if you have a negative DMT experience, it is likely that it will darken your whole experience, which will not be enjoyable.
People spend their lives searching for perfect moments and fail to see, that there are many unappreciated perfect moments everyday that are overlooked.

danlemon
#5 Posted : 7/24/2010 6:13:09 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I feel very comfortable with DMT. The same with ketamine... unfortunately I only came across ketamine once about 3-4 years ago and just recently used the last 200MG of it this year! I dont know when and if I will ever see it again, but these two chemicals seem like the perfect combination. I once said that if the psychedelic was a rocket ship, the ketamine would be the lightspeed button!

corpus callosum
#6 Posted : 7/24/2010 6:41:42 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Medical DoctorModerator

I've always wondered about this combination and I feel it would be pretty spectacular.I think you would have to take a dose of ketamine which falls short of the K-Hole as you would be physically unable to get it together enough to launch yourself by vaporisation of DMT.I also reckon that the best way to use K if its uncut pharmaceutical-grade tackle is undoubtedly via the intramuscular route.

I wonder if the dissociation factor with the K would totally prevent any anxiety from the DMT?
I am paranoid of my brain. It thinks all the time, even when I'm asleep. My thoughts assail me. Murderous lechers they are. Thought is the assassin of thought. Like a man stabbing himself with one hand while the other hand tries to stop the blade. Like an explosion that destroys the detonator. I am paranoid of my brain. It makes me unsettled and ill at ease. Makes me chase my tail, freezes my eyes and shuts me down. Watches me. Eats my head. It destroys me.

danlemon
#7 Posted : 7/24/2010 9:34:20 PM
DMT-Nexus member

One could just do a line of k and have the bowl of spice ready. You have at least a minute or so for the K to hit you.

wikiwahwah
#8 Posted : 7/24/2010 9:52:24 PM

DMT-Nexus member

danlemon wrote:
One could just do a line of k and have the bowl of spice ready. You have at least a minute or so for the K to hit you.

If you're snorting lines it will usually take a lot longer than a minute for it to kick in. For me its 10 - 15 minutes before it really hits.

With regard to the K/DMT combination, it doesn't feel like something I would enjoy. Although I sometimes consider smoking it while stoned, when I come back from hyperspace I'm always relieved that I don't have any other drugs in my system so I can return to normal completely. This is always very comforting for me. DMT with any combination just doesn't feel right.

W

Abakua81
#9 Posted : 7/27/2010 3:11:14 AM
DMT-Nexus member

It was bad for me. I enjoy both alone very much so but together was not pleasant. My spice trip was very unsettling, which they often are for me, and all the k did was keep me in that headspace for about an hour. Maybe if I had a good spice trip I would have liked it better. idk. No point. Ill do the k when I am not doing the spice.

danlemon
#10 Posted : 7/27/2010 6:14:02 AM
DMT-Nexus member

It works so well will all psychedelics... maybe k should be taken with ayahuasca.

PureMan
#11 Posted : 7/27/2010 7:06:27 AM

DMT-Nexus member

SWIM had a pretty powerful trip when he mixed K and spice. He found that the K helped him let go of himself, and it also helped him go deeper with a smaller amount of spice than he would have normally used.

He only used maybe 15mg.. and went way further than he would gone have without the K.. it seemed to last longer too. I have heard people say that smoking spice without K is like going scuba diving instead of using a submarine.. K seems to offer some type of protection.

I do caution people about this combo though.. it can be more powerful than you may expect. You need a lot less spice than normal.. I would also be cautious about the amount of K used as well.. I would imagine that it is still quite possible for the trip to head south if too much of either is used.

SunRise
#12 Posted : 7/27/2010 2:09:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I know many of you probably won't care for this too much, but myself and about 5 friends all just tried this mix at a music festival while on lsd. Everyone agreed the effects were terrific and powerful, however the people in question have all traveled extensively in the psychedelic realms.

There was a point, after taking a very small swat of changa, where I had no Idea what was going on but was able to remain standing and lucid in a very dissociated sort of way. I will be trying this again in the sanctity of my own home.

Now dmt and ambien.....that is the golden combo for myself. Very happy
Spice Tavelin
Space Cowboy

Just know that when you finally realize what type of place the Nexus is, and how many lives it has touched, know that you have helped each one of them and I hope you continue doing so and never lose your way in life-Steely

danlemon
#13 Posted : 7/27/2010 9:44:29 PM
DMT-Nexus member

SunRise wrote:

Now dmt and ambien.....that is the golden combo for myself. Very happy

I have been taking ambien forever, and for for me and some people, it can eliminate a 'bad trip' better than a benzo... But A couple days ago, on ambien.. I decided to smoke some spice. For me personally, I would rather be sober when I smoke spice.

Ginkgo
#14 Posted : 7/29/2010 12:00:31 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Taking zolpidem (Ambien) or any other GABAergic drug to inhibit bad-trips is to me like gagging the entheogen and therefore also yourself. If you experience a bad trip, it is a reason for it! Either you didn't have the appropriate set and/or setting, or you simply needed to face some element in your life. Bad trips are often the most rewarding ones. DMT is not about watching colors and always having a blast, they're about exploring and growing, and sometimes having a blast!

Take care Smile

distracted
#15 Posted : 7/29/2010 5:59:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Evening Glory wrote:
Taking zolpidem (Ambien) or any other GABAergic drug to inhibit bad-trips is to me like gagging the entheogen and therefore also yourself. If you experience a bad trip, it is a reason for it! Either you didn't have the appropriate set and/or setting, or you simply needed to face some element in your life. Bad trips are often the most rewarding ones. DMT is not about watching colors and always having a blast, they're about exploring and growing, and sometimes having a blast!

Take care Smile

Evening Glory it's quite interesting hearing you say that. I still haven't managed to have an encounter with DMT, but that outlook is much the same as I have on dreams. Dreams in my mind are messages being communicated from the self to the front of our awareness and often nightmares, though somewhat uncomfortable seem to carry to strongest messages. But growing and experiencing is not all about comfort, in fact I find it's the opposite. And the more SWIM experiments with and learns about entheogens the more and more you're belief of good/bad trip experiences seems to ring true.
"If I find in myself desires which nothing in this world can satisfy, the only logical explanation is that I was made for another world." -C.S. Lewis

camdemonium
#16 Posted : 7/31/2010 6:42:24 AM

DMT-Nexus member

@distracted: Maybe that's because when you're dreaming you're really having a DMT trip!

Oh and steer clear of those pharms everyone!
Om Mani Padme Hum

jamie
#17 Posted : 7/31/2010 7:38:10 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

You are NOT having a DMT trip while dreaming..dreaming is associated with choline..amongst other things..I can assure you..dreaming and DMT hyperspace are 2 very different things.

There is no evidence at all that DMT is even produced within the brain.
Long live the unwoke.

SunRise
#18 Posted : 7/31/2010 9:17:45 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks morning glory for your input I think i neede to hear that!Smile But They are all good tripsVery happy
Spice Tavelin
Space Cowboy

Just know that when you finally realize what type of place the Nexus is, and how many lives it has touched, know that you have helped each one of them and I hope you continue doing so and never lose your way in life-Steely

bufoman
#19 Posted : 7/31/2010 2:45:48 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expertSenior Member

fractal enchantment wrote:
You are NOT having a DMT trip while dreaming..dreaming is associated with choline..amongst other things..I can assure you..dreaming and DMT hyperspace are 2 very different things.

There is no evidence at all that DMT is even produced within the brain.

Although I agree that DMT and dreaming are very different states of consciousness and I do not think DMT is strictly involved in dreaming. DMT has 100% been found in rat synaptosomes [Christian et al. see Barker et al. 1981 for a good review] and human brain tissue [KA¨RKKA¨INEN et al. 2005]. The later also found bufotenine and 5-MeO-DMT in human brain tissue. In addition Barker et al. 1981 showed that DMT meets the criteria to be classified as a neurotransmitter. Although the amounts detected were small they are still significant, and a variety of factors can explain low levels.

It is unknown what role DMT plays in the brain. Several interesting theories have been proposed [Strassman, Wallach 2009, Jacob and Presti. 2005, Callaway 1988 (this is the dream hypothesis)]. It is likely based on its neurotransmitter role that it plays an important function in neurophysiology probably in areas of the brain involved in higher level consciousness and sensory perception. This is most similar to Wallach's theory.

In regards to the Ketamine DMT combo:

I have experienced this combination. Unfortunately I do not have much to add as it was low doses (20 mg ketamine + 25 mg DMT) as I was working up slowly. It was enjoyable and there was some interesting effects which I would say are not present with either compound alone. This is a combination I would like to explore deeper. While it is probably one of the more safe combinations one should still always proceed cautiously. Be safe.

distracted
#20 Posted : 7/31/2010 5:22:05 PM

DMT-Nexus member

camdemonium wrote:
@distracted: Maybe that's because when you're dreaming you're really having a DMT trip!

Oh and steer clear of those pharms everyone!

teehee.
naw I'd have to disagree with that. I was just stating the connection I saw behind messages possibly being brought to awareness through dreaming, and also that this happens to occur with the use of psychedelics if approached with that goal in mind.

Also I found a little bit of insight onto the action of DMT (and also bufotenine and 5-MeO-DMT) while poking around erowid.

'Tryptamines' Purpose'. The Entheogen Review. Autumnal Equinox 1998;7(3):59 wrote:
Bufotenine, 5-MeO-DMT, and DMT are endogenous cerebral compounds. My view, regarding the purpose of these, follows. DMT is a main compound--perhaps the main compound--involved in imagination and dreams. 5-MeO-DMT is involved in maintaining fear in the face of danger. Certainly, when faced with danger, one needs fear. Not 'pure' fear, but a design-filled fear in which one can plan a way out of the dangerous situation. Bufotenine is involved in the feeling we experience called 'stunned.'

As for how valid this is I've got no idea, this is the only bit I've read on the subject and even though this would indicate DMT is highly involved in dreams, I know at least I'm not quite lucky enough to enter a DMT headspace every time I nod off. Razz
"If I find in myself desires which nothing in this world can satisfy, the only logical explanation is that I was made for another world." -C.S. Lewis

12NEXT