We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Huge Environmental Problem Allegedly Solved Options

Spira
#1 Posted : 7/23/2010 7:39:11 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I was pretty surprised when I found this:
It’s In the Bag! Teenager Wins Science Fair, Solves Massive Environmental Problem

"Daniel Burd, an 11th grader at Waterloo Collegiate Institute, has discovered a way to make plastic bags degrade in as little as three months.."
"It made me do it."

I am not real.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

SKA
#2 Posted : 7/23/2010 11:31:06 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Genious. Study how nature deals with the problem, isolate the main factors and amplify their effects in a recreated, controlled enviroment.

Big Inhale
#3 Posted : 7/24/2010 12:16:24 AM

The Enlightend One

Now a company can patent the micobes and make us pay for the cleanup
Can you Imagine? From one single Idea everything appeared here.
RZA

Here in the Prime Creators universe all things are possible,because all things are possible many lessons are learned.

None Of This Is Real!

picatris
#4 Posted : 7/24/2010 1:08:20 AM

DMT-Nexus member

This is rather old, the news is from May 2008.
Although the article is rather sketchy, the species (or rather the genus) used are very well known and studied, so if it was feasible economically to do it, we should be seeing the results of such efforts for a while now.

Note that the problem is just economical. A simple way to get rid of plastic and toxic pollutants is to ship it to the sun, but that's expensive! We already have solutions to many problems, the issue is generally how to do it economically

"The elfclowns of hyperspace are already juggling in the center ring. Hurry! Hurry!" T.M