We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
Multiple Personality 'disorder' Options

D_Juggz
#21 Posted : 6/6/2008 1:42:29 AM

Dr Do Little

Multiple personality disorder or split personality disorder is a very controversial diagnosis among Doctors. Some dont think it exists, other wouldn't diagnose it, because it could be written of as psychosis or many other conditions, but many believe its confided to the Americas - a type of social disease.
These days its classified as 'Dissociative identity disorder' and although the cause hasn't been pin-pointed, experience has show that uncopeable stress, prolonged childhood abuse and other traumatic incidents are often a factor.

I looked into some medical journals and couldn't find much research being done on it either...i guess its not a big priority among researchers? Acolon_5, Do u know anything of studies being done, or current treatments?
The hardest thing of all is to find a black cat in a dark room, especially if there is no cat.
-Confucius

"Under the skin of our lives; somewhere deep and early, forgotten, we all share the same dreams"

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

acolon_5
#22 Posted : 6/17/2008 5:04:04 PM

The Great Namah

D_Juggz wrote:
Multiple personality disorder or split personality disorder is a very controversial diagnosis among Doctors. Some dont think it exists, other wouldn't diagnose it, because it could be written of as psychosis or many other conditions, but many believe its confided to the Americas - a type of social disease.
These days its classified as 'Dissociative identity disorder' and although the cause hasn't been pin-pointed, experience has show that uncopeable stress, prolonged childhood abuse and other traumatic incidents are often a factor.

I looked into some medical journals and couldn't find much research being done on it either...i guess its not a big priority among researchers? Acolon_5, Do u know anything of studies being done, or current treatments?

Studies, no, not really. The name was changed a few years ago to Dissociative Identity Disorder (DID) to avoid confusion with personality disorders which is another can of worms altogether. It is gaining more acceptance among health professionals in the past few years. In our area alone we were able to find 4 therapists who specialized in Dissociative Disorders and Trauma.

Since it is not a chemical imbalance drugs do very little to treat the disorder. Many who have this disorder are treated as Bi-Polar or some type of Schizo and receive medication that is ineffective (due to a misdiagnosis). The old treatment involved reliving though the patients trauma. Due to the nature of this disorder, full sense flashbacks are very common, and the patients would basically live through the abuse and trauma again. This was a long, extremely painful, and quite often dangerous treatment.

Most often now, psychotherapy (talk therapy) is the most common treatment used. Working towards becoming functional is usually the first step. Having the parts of the mind work together or integration, if so desired is usually the goal to work towards.
The Spice extends life
The Spice expands consciousness
The Spice is vital for space travel
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
Never underestimate the power of STUFF!

I am certifiably insane, as such all posts written by me should be regarded as utter nonsense or attempts to get attention.

I don't know SWIM and personally don't trust him at all. If SWIM is posting, most likely I will not respond...as I said, I don't trust the guy. YOU I trust, but never SWIM.

acolon_5
#23 Posted : 8/2/2008 9:42:39 PM

The Great Namah

medicine 4 the mind wrote:
hi everyone, first of all congratulations acolon to you and your wife, its always nice to hear if someones gonna have a kid. secondly i was wondering when your wife smokes the spice will she be having a hyperspace dose, or a smaller dose to wet the feet.

Fully breakthough dose. The report can be found here!
The Spice extends life
The Spice expands consciousness
The Spice is vital for space travel
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
Never underestimate the power of STUFF!

I am certifiably insane, as such all posts written by me should be regarded as utter nonsense or attempts to get attention.

I don't know SWIM and personally don't trust him at all. If SWIM is posting, most likely I will not respond...as I said, I don't trust the guy. YOU I trust, but never SWIM.

PREV12