We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
DMT filtration and wash. Also Precipitation Options

CelestialSpores
#1 Posted : 7/22/2010 7:57:50 PM

DMT-Nexus member

The DMT precipitate is in the form on one large blocky crystal. I have three small jars that contain the solutions.

The first jar has the large crystal in it and contains the most saturated naphtha.

The next two are a little less murky and have no large crystals.

How can I get the most out of the solutions? I have taken several advanced chemistry classes in high school which allowed me to gain credits for part one inorganic. I learned a lot from the second part. I know much about chemistry but am a little rusty and will be taking organic in the fall. Could someone explain the chemistry of the DMT in solution and how to use the science to reason through how to "crash" the most DMT out of solution?

Also, if you know less about chemistry and have gained most of your knowledge from the nexus, please share. Thanks so much.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

CelestialSpores
#2 Posted : 7/22/2010 8:23:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Perhaps I should have asked where I could get some reading about this subject.

Mercury_Hg
#3 Posted : 7/22/2010 8:43:10 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Make sure to super-saturate the naptha first by evaporating a lot of it off. This helps the crystals to better precipitate later on. Hope that helps! I'm now off to work :3.
Disclaimer: Everything I say is the truth.

CelestialSpores
#4 Posted : 7/22/2010 8:48:56 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Mercury_Hg wrote:
Make sure to super-saturate the naptha first by evaporating a lot of it off. This helps the crystals to better precipitate later on. Hope that helps! I'm now off to work :3.

Yeah the solution is supersaturated. https://wiki.dmt-nexus.me/DMT_Extraction_Overview

This link helped me a lot. I am going to remove the large crystals and evaporate more solvent to produce more. Thanks for the response.