We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
NUTMEG OIL versus elemi oil via the Triple E tech Options

69ron
#21 Posted : 7/20/2010 10:16:09 AM

DMT-Nexus member

fractal enchantment wrote:
^CBD has been proven to downregulate the effects of THC in the brain..this is my whole point about full spectrum effects as opposed to seperate compounds..cannabis is far from pure THC..ive had both..totally diff things.

And this is the problem with hydro grown crap cannabis as well..bread to hgih THC and low CBD..and higher ammounts of aromatic terpenes.

None of this really matters anyway..I dont disbelieve that nutmeg oil is safe.

I’m bringing all this up because nutmeg oil is so poorly understood. It’s a pretty decent psychedelic. It’s not this super toxic crap some people believe it is.

According to several sites I’ve seen, about 454 grams of marijuana orally is enough to reach a potential lethal dose of THC. That’s a lot. No one will ever eat that much. Now with nutmeg oil (not nutmeg powder or nute) which is way more concentrated than marijuana in terms of drug content, the potential lethal dose is about 196 grams (about 222 ml), some people say 100 ml (about 88 grams) or so. Think about that a little bit. Highly concentrated nutmeg oil is only 2.3-5.1 times more lethal than whole unconcentrated marijuana. That puts things into perspective I think.

Marijuana is one of the safest drugs known to mankind. Overdoses of it don't happen. The amount needed to overdose on it is huge, so it just doesn’t happen. Who's going to eat a pound of marijuana? No one in their right mind is going to do that. And it’s pretty much impossible to smoke a lethal dose of marijuana.

A person could easily drink 200 ml of nutmeg oil and die. So in that respect, it’s much more dangerous than marijuana. The maximum dose I’ve seen people use of nutmeg oil is 5 ml. The actually LD50 of nutmeg oil in man is unknown, but based on rats it should be 196 grams for a 75 kg (165 lb) adult.

To others reading this thread, please keep in mind that I’m talking about nutmeg oil and not whole/powder nutmeg. They are not the same. I can’t find LD50 information for whole/powder nutmeg. It contains toxins the oil doesn’t contain and produces side effects the oil doesn’t produce and is probably much more dangerous. For sure the trimyristin in whole nutmeg (not in the oil) is not healthy to ingest because it can cause fatty liver disease. I can’t find an LD50 for trimyristin though. Whole nutmeg contains a ton of trimyristin. And please don’t confuse myristicin with trimyristin, they are completely unrelated compounds.
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

69ron
#22 Posted : 7/20/2010 10:29:24 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Dagger wrote:
Would it be possible to isolate myristicin and test it for maoi activity? Sounds like it is a long lasting maoi.

There are places that sell isolated myristicin. It’s VERY EXPENSIVE. SWIM cannot afford to try it. That’s too bad. It’s something SWIM wants to try if the price was affordable (HINT HINT HINT TO THE VENDORS READING THIS POST!).

Myristicin is less toxic than nutmeg oil. Nutmeg oil has an oral LD50 of 2620 mg/kg in rats while myristicin’s oral LD50 is 4260 mg/kg in rats. Clearly it’s better to have pure myristicin because something in the oil is more toxic than myristicin is.

SWIM’s experience with pure nutmeg oil, and Triple E extracted nutmeg oil gives him the impression that myristicin or something else present that’s making it through the Triple E tech is definitely an MAOI. It has an MAOI feel to it. I know myristicin is said to be a weak MAOI. THH is also a weak MAOI, but its strong enough to activate and increase the potency of quite a lot of psychedelics. Even though THH is a weak MAOI, is can orally activate DMT. I wonder if myristicin can also orally activate DMT?

It’s my feeling that myristicin will greatly boost the effects of other psychedelics, and SWIM would love to get isolated myristicin to test this theory out, but it’s just too pricey. Unless SWIM wins the lottery, or someone offers it at a much lower price, he’ll probably never be able to try it.

Myristicin’s effects last WAY TOO LONG, 24-36 hours. So it’s not something that’s really that useful except for an occasional experience here and there. I’m curious if it can extend the effects of DMT? It seems like it extends the effects of elemicin, and I think this is from it’s MAOI activity.

Imagine taking DMT + myristicin orally and tripping for the entire weekend! Is this even possible? SWIM is dying to find out.
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

PREV12