We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
amor_fati's Nontoxic using viridis and citric acid Options

jwlst
#1 Posted : 7/16/2010 4:09:52 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Hi Guys,

Basically I am going to use amor_fati's Nontoxic, however instead of bark I am going to use viridis leaves. I also plan to use citric acid instead of fumeric acid as I cannot get fumeric acid in the country I am in.

I plan to go right through to the freebase step, to end up with freebase.

Would there be any modifications to the tek or should it all be exactly the same? I do not see how it would make a big difference?

I am thinking that possibly I must heat the vidiris in citric acid for 20 minutes first, then filter and boil down the water and collect what is left to use as the material, then follow with the non toxic bark tek as normal?

Also at the end, how hard would it be to simply put the 'oil' you end up with on some herbs?

I am guessing just dissolve the oil in some vodka, then mix in some herbs and let it evaporate?

Thanks,

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

endlessness
#2 Posted : 7/16/2010 4:30:30 AM

DMT-Nexus member

You cant substitute fumaric acid for citric acid as if they were exactly the same, since DMT citrate is a goo, not a solid like dmt fumarate. But if you just want the freebase to smoke and not the dmt salt, as you said, then yes, you could salt out your alkaloids from limonene using a citric acid solution or with vinegar, evap that, and then you would have to convert that to freebase using sodium carbonate as fati describes, and then redissolve it and evap onto herbs. I guess you could use vodka for that last step, yes, but vodka will have some water in it so it might take a while to evaporate.

Why does your country not have fumaric acid? are you sure? can you maybe order from abroad?

jwlst
#3 Posted : 7/16/2010 5:41:30 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Thanks so much for your help! Smile

Fumeric acid is not available here, and I do not want to ship for OS.

So what you are saying is that I can use citric acid, the tek should be the same when using citric acid HOWEVER the texture/feel of the product will be different before I freebase?

Also in regards to the vidiris leaves, is there any difference when using viridis compared to the bark? I have done some reading that says something about using an acidic wash first?

jwlst
#4 Posted : 7/20/2010 2:49:32 AM
DMT-Nexus member

In fact, after doing a bit of reading I am thinking it is better to do the following tek to extract p viridis:

https://wiki.dmt-nexus.me/Lextek

However, can I use d-limeone as the solvent and calcium hydroxide or sodium carbonate as a base instead of sodium hydroxide? I read that calcium hydroxide does not work so well in water so would sodium carbonate be the better choice?

Also at the end of the tek, I am guessing I cannot freeze the limonene to release the freebase DMT? What could I do instead of this step, with the d-limonene?

endlessness
#5 Posted : 7/20/2010 3:33:38 AM

DMT-Nexus member

jwlst wrote:
Thanks so much for your help! Smile

Fumeric acid is not available here, and I do not want to ship for OS.

So what you are saying is that I can use citric acid, the tek should be the same when using citric acid HOWEVER the texture/feel of the product will be different before I freebase?

Also in regards to the vidiris leaves, is there any difference when using viridis compared to the bark? I have done some reading that says something about using an acidic wash first?

Fumaric acid is not at all controlled or suspicious, so you could order it no problem.. But if you still dont want, you could for sure use citric acid if it was mimosa, but with psychotria, it might be somehow a problem. I dont say this from experience, btw, I never extracted from p viridis, but here's my reasoning: If you have fumaric acid, you can easily salt out from the limo with FASI, and this will only precipitate the alkaloids and little else. If you dont have fumaric acid, you will have to salt out from the limo using an acqueous acidic solution, and since p viridis is a leafy plant, it might have a lot of chlorophyl, plant oils and other impurities that mimosa, a relatively fat-free and high-alkaloid-content root doesnt have. So its very possible that a lot of these impurities that wouldnt come with FASI precipitation, will come with a simple citric acid (or vinegar) salting. And then this will possibly be carried across after your freebasing step.

If this happens, though, I dont think its gonna be the end of the world, it can very possibly be a very smokable potent product, but it might also taste bit weird or not be very potent because of a lot of 'fillers' together with your dmt, and maybe not crystalize at all and remain gooey (but then you could infuse some herbs with it). Only experience will tell, and if you do try, please do let us know because its very relevant information.

To prevent this whole fat/impurities problem, in a normal wet tek you could do some extensive defatting (which is basically make many solvent pulls while the product is mixed in an acidic solution and throw the solvent away), but I dont know how well it would work with a dry tek like amor fati's. Maybe PM him to ask? Or maybe another member will know better and post here..

Another thing to consider is that psychotria viridis has much less alkaloids compared to mimosa, so you'll need plenty more of it.. If I may ask, why dont you just buy some mimosa?

good luck!

edit:

jwlst wrote:
In fact, after doing a bit of reading I am thinking it is better to do the following tek to extract p viridis:

https://wiki.dmt-nexus.me/Lextek

However, can I use d-limeone as the solvent and calcium hydroxide or sodium carbonate as a base instead of sodium hydroxide? I read that calcium hydroxide does not work so well in water so would sodium carbonate be the better choice?

Also at the end of the tek, I am guessing I cannot freeze the limonene to release the freebase DMT? What could I do instead of this step, with the d-limonene?

you cant use calcium hydroxide in a wet tek like that.. sodium carbonate might theoretically work (I never tried it) , but I also hear people having problems using sodium carbonate as a base, specially because it tends to generate a lot of emulsions when mixing the solvent. Can you find potassium hydroxide? that might work better.

keep us informed on your plans Smile

jwlst
#6 Posted : 7/20/2010 5:20:16 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Thanks endless for your helping efforts, I really appreciate it.

So fumaric acid will erase the need to defat the leaves? Therefore amor_fati's tek should work without the defatting step normally used for leaves, if I used fumeric instead of citric?

Will keep everyone updated, I plan to post a tek when I finish because a non toxic viridis tek is sorely needed.

jwlst
#7 Posted : 7/20/2010 7:03:50 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Infact I found this tek:

http://enlightenedawaren...2B+Calcium+Hydroxide+Tek

I wonder if using this would be effective when using viridis as the source of dmt?