We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
123NEXT»
Prop 19, Legal Cannabis? Options

dreamer042
#1 Posted : 7/19/2010 7:35:40 PM

Dreamoar

Moderator | Skills: Mostly harmless

It's true!

This November California residents will be voting on the matter of legalizing cannabis and putting it's legal status on on par with that of alcohol. With the initial polls showing 56% support it looks like we may just be approaching the end of the reefer madness. Very happy

http://ballotpedia.org/w...on_Initiative_%282010%29

What do you think about that nexusWut?
Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream. Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily...

Visual diagram for the administration of dimethyltryptamine

Visual diagram for the administration of ayahuasca

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Big Inhale
#2 Posted : 7/19/2010 7:42:05 PM

The Enlightend One

I think its awesome. Now it needs to happen on the whole country/planet.
Can you Imagine? From one single Idea everything appeared here.
RZA

Here in the Prime Creators universe all things are possible,because all things are possible many lessons are learned.

None Of This Is Real!

corpus callosum
#3 Posted : 7/19/2010 8:20:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Medical DoctorModerator

About time!

I hope this will be the thin edge of the wedge.....Laughing
I am paranoid of my brain. It thinks all the time, even when I'm asleep. My thoughts assail me. Murderous lechers they are. Thought is the assassin of thought. Like a man stabbing himself with one hand while the other hand tries to stop the blade. Like an explosion that destroys the detonator. I am paranoid of my brain. It makes me unsettled and ill at ease. Makes me chase my tail, freezes my eyes and shuts me down. Watches me. Eats my head. It destroys me.

endlessness
#4 Posted : 7/19/2010 8:26:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

good luck to you people! Its definitely a great step forward! Though I doubt the federal government will step back and allow it, at least it starts pressuring them strongly (and stops wasting the resources of the local police and courts). I cant wait for the results

hyperspacing
#5 Posted : 7/19/2010 8:43:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Gonna be cool if it passes but if it doesn't it ain't like its hard to get a medical marijuana card and smoke legally any way. Regardless california could use the tax money from a public maryjane market. Not to mention next door here in nevada a lot of cali's laws catch on here. So that'll be good for me Very happy
-Close your eyes, See the light, and feel the sunshine in the shade

~All views, ideas and opinions of this user are strictly fictional and in no way represent an act done in reality.

Spira
#6 Posted : 7/19/2010 8:46:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Wow. This is great news. I love progressive legislation. Can't wait to see how this unfolds.
"It made me do it."

I am not real.

Phantastica
#7 Posted : 7/19/2010 9:09:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

wooohhoooo!! awesome!! this will serve as a prelude to the legalization in the rest of the US, and hopefully at a global scale with time. Reefer madness will end this year; i'm sure of it! thank dreamer, great news indeed
Very happy Very happy Very happy Very happy Very happy Very happy Very happy Very happy Very happy Very happy Very happy Very happy Very happy Very happy Very happy Very happy Very happy Very happy Very happy Very happy Very happy Very happy Very happy Very happy Very happy Very happy Very happy Very happy Very happy Very happy Very happy Very happy Very happy Very happy Very happy Very happy Very happy Very happy Very happy Very happy
<3

azrael
#8 Posted : 7/20/2010 12:41:35 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Obama said he wasn't going to bully individual States regarding their rights to govern themselves - specifically on the topic of medical marijuana. Maybe that attitude will extend to recreational decisions, maybe the influx of public pot will be too much to control anyway, maybe it'll be time to move to California.

kaleidoscope eyes
#9 Posted : 7/20/2010 1:31:55 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Though I live in Australia I still really hope it goes through & has a positive impact globally.
Hopefully Governments everywhere will begin to wake up & stop restricting a plant that nature has provided for us that has many beneficial properties when used responsibly.
the fictional character, kaleidoscope eyes, resides in the sky with diamonds and cellophane flowers

Apoc
#10 Posted : 7/20/2010 5:59:23 AM

DMT-Nexus member

What's truly amazing to me is that the polls show only 56% of people support the legalization. lol!! Even if the bill passes, there will still be 44% of people who didn't want that bill to pass. Weird. It will be good to just legalize it already. It is inevitable. Get it over with.

BananaForeskin
#11 Posted : 7/20/2010 10:04:11 AM

I Eat Plant Magic

Washington state was sooooo close to getting pot legalisation on the ballot this year!! I'm jealous of CA, but happy for the world!
¤ø¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø¸„ø¤º¨

.^.^.^.^.^.^(0)=õ

Sublime
#12 Posted : 7/20/2010 9:26:52 PM

Intraterrestrial

Being a resident I am being honest in saying that I believe cannabis will be legalized. As with this healthcare reform, it will probably take some time to take effect, but I am very glad that it will finally be out of the shadows and shed some light and hope for the world that will break down the walls in regards to drugs, not to mention the billions of dollars of revenue it will generate. Times are changing..
"That which I avoid I will become a slave to, that which I confront I will master."

Bill Cipher
#13 Posted : 7/20/2010 9:36:03 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I'll be at the polls as well, doing my measly part with my vote. I'm not even all that enamored with marijuana, truth be told - but it's an exciting piece of legislation which is going to have huge and far reaching implications for all on Planet Nexus.

cellux
#14 Posted : 7/21/2010 7:21:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

If I were a Californian, I would surely support this with a YES vote.

However, I'm a bit worried about the aftermath. Here is my hypothetical worst scenario: pot is legalized, great mass of people begins to toke, a minority gets a bit too addicted to the stuff, the negative consequences get vented in the press as a red flag by the opposition, which gives fuel to a backlash that may possibly eradicate not only the freedom to pot, but also hinder the work of organizations like MAPS, indefinitely postponing the legalization of ANY psychedelic substance.

(Soothing arguments on why this is NOT likely to happen are more than welcome.)

I'd legalize LSD first (through the MAPS route).

SnozzleBerry
#15 Posted : 7/21/2010 7:33:04 PM

omnia sunt communia!

Moderator | Skills: Growing (plants/mushrooms), Research, Extraction troubleshooting, Harmalas, Revolution (theory/practice)

cellux wrote:
a minority gets a bit too addicted to the stuff

Soothing argument: Effects of being "a bit too addicted" to cannabis pale in comparison to being "a bit too addicted" to any other substance legal or otherwise, imo. I know there are exceptions, *waves at 69ron* Wink but the effects these addicts deal with are mostly internal and dont really negatively impact society. So some people may be a little more sluggish or a little foggy or a little dull or giggly or what have you, but most likely they're not coming home and beating their families or wrecking their cars or physically ODing. The soothing argument is that cannabis is an incredibly safe substance, everyone (or nearly everyone) knows it and this is reflected (or rather, is a reflection) of its effects.
WikiAttitudeFAQ
The NexianNexus ResearchThe OHT
In New York, we wrote the legal number on our arms in marker...To call a lawyer if we were arrested.
In Istanbul, People wrote their blood types on their arms. I hear in Egypt, They just write Their names.
גם זה יעבור

69ron
#16 Posted : 7/21/2010 8:36:06 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I must say I totally hate cannabis. It was one of the only two drugs SWIM ever got seriously addicted to, and he’s tried several “addictive drugs” including cocaine and opium, only to get addicted to cannabis and tobacco and seriously so.

Now I can’t stand the smell of cannabis, and I don’t like it around me at all.

Regardless, I don’t think it should be illegal. I don’t like the fact that the government thinks it can control what people use as intoxicants. While I hate cannabis, I also dislike alcohol and I never drink. So what do people like me use to get intoxicated? Most of the good options out there are illegal. It’s not fair. Psilocybin mushrooms are not addicting and not dangerous, and in reasonable doses, they are much safer than alcohol. Same with peyote.

I’d personally rather see peyote and mushrooms legalized, but this is still a step in the right direction.
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

Spira
#17 Posted : 7/22/2010 2:29:18 AM

DMT-Nexus member

69ron wrote:
I must say I totally hate cannabis. It was one of the only two drugs SWIM ever got seriously addicted to, and he’s tried several “addictive drugs” including cocaine and opium, only to get addicted to cannabis and tobacco and seriously so.

Now I can’t stand the smell of cannabis, and I don’t like it around me at all.

Regardless, I don’t think it should be illegal. I don’t like the fact that the government thinks it can control what people use as intoxicants. While I hate cannabis, I also dislike alcohol and I never drink. So what do people like me use to get intoxicated? Most of the good options out there are illegal. It’s not fair. Psilocybin mushrooms are not addicting and not dangerous, and in reasonable doses, they are much safer than alcohol. Same with peyote.

I’d personally rather see peyote and mushrooms legalized, but this is still a step in the right direction.

Hm, didn't know marijuana was addictive. What was the second if you don't mind me asking?
"It made me do it."

I am not real.

SnozzleBerry
#18 Posted : 7/22/2010 2:35:44 AM

omnia sunt communia!

Moderator | Skills: Growing (plants/mushrooms), Research, Extraction troubleshooting, Harmalas, Revolution (theory/practice)

Spira wrote:
Hm, didn't know marijuana was addictive. What was the second if you don't mind me asking?

69ron wrote:
...only to get addicted to cannabis and tobacco and seriously so.
WikiAttitudeFAQ
The NexianNexus ResearchThe OHT
In New York, we wrote the legal number on our arms in marker...To call a lawyer if we were arrested.
In Istanbul, People wrote their blood types on their arms. I hear in Egypt, They just write Their names.
גם זה יעבור

Ginkgo
#19 Posted : 7/22/2010 2:37:51 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Spira wrote:

Tobacco was the second one, he even stated it in his post. Cannabis is not really physically addictive, but it may be VERY psychologically addictive! I have struggled with this on long periods myself.

clouds
#20 Posted : 7/22/2010 3:14:37 AM

Human

I don't smoke Cannabis and have never been addicted to Cannabis. The only times I've used Cannabis are when I was potentiating the effect of LSD, mushrooms and mescaline with my friends (that smoked it). It has worked wonderful for me as a tool for potentiating the effects of a few psychedelics.

Sometimes I think If I should start smoking pot or something like that... but then I read that many psicodelicos like you guys talk about quitting Cannabis and stuff like that... and then I suppose there is nothing wonderful in that. A lot of friends and people I know smoke Cannabis and are not precisely the most intelligent people out there (if you know what I mean)... on the other hand, I see that many people here are extremely intelligent and talk about quitting it and all that.

I think it's about not being addicted to something. I can clearly see that many pot-heads say that "marijuana is not addictive and it's only benefits and almost perfect blah blah blah..." but then, how can they say that when they are smoking it everyday? At the end of the day, it's not my freakin business if people want to smoke whatever however and whenever they want, but I will say that I had a better image about Cannabis before I started reading and researching DMT.Nexus.

We'll see what happens... hopefully with the legalization of Cannabis in California, thing will be brighter for psychedelics legalization in the world.
I'm tired of the ************ narcs and their abuse and violence.

123NEXT»