We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
Time frames for smoking, and tolerance Options

redlightsflash
#1 Posted : 7/16/2010 4:51:23 PM
DMT-Nexus member

What is the time frame during which all hits should be taken and exhaled? Problem I see is that the recommendation is to hold the hits for as long as you can, so 20-30 seconds maybe, but that's a lot of time for just one hit. If I try to take 3 hits that's at least a minute, probably 2 minutes. How fast does it all need to be consumed before its wasting it?

I ask that question because I want a range of responses. I know there is info out there I'm curious what several of you think.

Also how long before tolerance resets to zero? Can tolerance accumulate over a few days of repeated smoking? I've been smoking small amounts quite often and never getting visuals, just the body high, which is nice but I want more. I am wondering if this is preventing me from seeing anything at all.
All posts of mine are entirely deceptive fantasy created for my own entertainment.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

SnozzleBerry
#2 Posted : 7/16/2010 5:49:06 PM

omnia sunt communia!

Moderator | Skills: Growing (plants/mushrooms), Research, Extraction troubleshooting, Harmalas, Revolution (theory/practice)

20-30 seconds per hit is a good amount of time. That way you ensure you get as much as humanly possible. That's also why the third hit can be so incredibly hard to take and may even be unnecessary at times (sometimes even the second one can be forgone with extremely efficient vapes, such as the GVG).

As far as tolerance, regardless of the method of administration; DMT creates no meaningful tolerance to itself. You could smoke all day if you wanted to (or were mentally/physically capable) or drink ayahuasca all night with no diminished effects. Some users even report reverse tolerance (although in the case of ayahuasca, this could have more to do the the harmalas than the dmt).
WikiAttitudeFAQ
The NexianNexus ResearchThe OHT
In New York, we wrote the legal number on our arms in marker...To call a lawyer if we were arrested.
In Istanbul, People wrote their blood types on their arms. I hear in Egypt, They just write Their names.
גם זה יעבור

gibran2
#3 Posted : 7/16/2010 6:38:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expertSenior Member

I always try to get everything in one hit.

This isn’t because I always want an intense experience, but rather because I find it difficult to see after my first hit. My depth perception is the first thing to go, so it’s very hard for me to tell if I’m holding the lighter over the bowl or not. Embarrased

I will say this – the faster you can get a full dose, the more intense the experience. This is a good thing for some, and a bad thing for others.
gibran2 is a fictional character. Any resemblance to anyone living or dead is purely coincidental.

gammagore
#4 Posted : 7/16/2010 6:42:16 PM

DMT-Nexus member

gibran2 wrote:

its all about getting in that first(or only) monster tokeVery happy

gammagore
#5 Posted : 7/16/2010 6:49:56 PM

DMT-Nexus member

redlightsflash wrote:
I've been smoking small amounts quite often and never getting visuals, just the body high, which is nice but I want more. I am wondering if this is preventing me from seeing anything at all.

Smoke more man, take a second hit or third hit right after you exhaled. Smoking tek plays a big role.

Ive never found any tolerance issue unless I vape the same small amount of freebase a few minutes apart. If one vapes a small amount and then say 10 minutes later vapes more than the first one, you will notice no deminished effects. I do this quite often to help settle anxiety.

Now if you had some caapi leaf or harmala extracts this would be a different story......

q21q21
#6 Posted : 7/16/2010 9:31:55 PM

SWIM

SWIM has been working a relationship with his spice for a while now, observing the effects and diving deeper each time.

While the technique will not help you "blast off", SWIM has on occasion taken 15 or more tokes and over 10 minutes to finish 20-25mg of spice. This brings him to nearly the same place as vaporizing it all in 1 or 2 tokes but for SWIM is a lot more comfortable.

That being said, SWIM has an unbreaking will and never lets his ego dissolve resulting in all his total-breakthroughs being hellish terror-fests.

The point this post is just to say that there is not tolerance.
Q21Q21's Tek: A comprehensive guide to extracting DMT
The 2 teks use non-toxic lime and vinegar and Tek 1: d-Limonene or Xylene or Tek 2: Naptha to produce very quick high yields with the greatest of ease.

I am almost never on this site anymore so I will likely not answer PMs

gibran2
#7 Posted : 7/17/2010 2:21:06 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expertSenior Member

While it’s true that there is no tolerance, it’s also true that when small doses are spread out over time the effects are not necessarily cumulative. The more time between doses, the more DMT is metabolized. If doses are small enough and the time interval is long enough, it’s possible to consume large quantities of DMT without having any significant effects at all.

For example, if one were to take a very small dose of let’s say 5mg and have barely discernable effects, and then 5 minutes later take another 5mg he would again have barely discernable effects. If he continued this 5mg every 5 minutes, my guess is that he would never have significant effects, even if he went on for hours.

Taking MAOIs beforehand changes this equation by slowing the breakdown of DMT, but even with MAOIs if a sufficient amount of time is taken between doses (maybe 15-20 minutes?), the effects will not be cumulative.

Regardless of MAOI use, the breakdown of DMT begins the moment it enters your system. So it makes sense that the quicker a dose is consumed, the stronger the effects will be. Slow administration with MAOI, either pre-dosed or taken with the DMT e.g. changa, will result in a more controllable approach to breakthrough, but it will require more DMT to reach that point.

A single rapid inhalation of DMT can produce overwhelmingly intense effects that are qualitatively different from other methods of administration. (With a GVG it is possible to vaporize 25-30mg in a few seconds.) I’m not recommending this method, but I will say that the resulting experience is nothing like the experiences produced via “slower” smoking methods.
gibran2 is a fictional character. Any resemblance to anyone living or dead is purely coincidental.

redlightsflash
#8 Posted : 7/19/2010 6:29:01 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Well I still can't get any effects other than a 2 minute body high.

I probably smoked 2-3 times more, though my scale has yet to arrive so I can't be sure how much this is. I have the technique down now and I'm getting it all in one hit.

Wondering if the VG is necessary or if I just need a thicker layer of herbs below the spice.... maybe runoff...

Is it possible I am just a bit less sensitive? I know with salvia I had an impossible time getting anywhere with it, torch lighter or not. And no I am not comparing the two, I'm just saying it reminds me of the possibility.
All posts of mine are entirely deceptive fantasy created for my own entertainment.

endlessness
#9 Posted : 7/19/2010 6:44:25 AM

DMT-Nexus member

well if you have no scale and you are smoking in a possibly inneficient method, its hard to take any conclusions from it, specially regarding your sensitivity.

You can add more herbs to the bottom and top of the dmt, but in my experience the vaporgenie is much more effective anyways. My prefered method used to be the herb sandwhich in a bong but with the vaporgenie I need half the amount for a breakthrough..

good luck!

Rollenberg
#10 Posted : 7/19/2010 10:28:40 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I am very shocked that you all are saying there is no tollerance!

I find that if I smoke a 50mg dose, It is IMPOSSIBLE to get any effects within the next 45 minutes to an hour after that experience, no matter how much I smoke.

But if I wait 1 hour before smoking again, then I am completely back to the level of zero tollerance.

I have definatly found that it is best to smoke it all as quickly as possible, and then not bother smoking more until at least an hour after I come down from the experience.

I thought it was also fairly common knowledge that you need to wait about an hour between smoking sessions to be able to obtain any satisfactory effect from the spice.

I dont think there is a buildup of tollerance, but there absolutely is a temporary tollerance which goes away as you aproach an hour from blast off.
"Every facet, every compartment of your mind is to be programmed by you; if you don’t take the responsibility to program your own mind, the world will program it for you."

SnozzleBerry
#11 Posted : 7/19/2010 10:34:45 PM

omnia sunt communia!

Moderator | Skills: Growing (plants/mushrooms), Research, Extraction troubleshooting, Harmalas, Revolution (theory/practice)

Rollenberg wrote:
I thought it was also fairly common knowledge that you need to wait about an hour between smoking sessions to be able to obtain any satisfactory effect from the spice.

...there absolutely is a temporary tollerance which goes away as you aproach an hour from blast off.

Sources please...I'll show you mine if you show me yours...Razz

The currently accepted scientific literature shows no evidence of tolerance. That trumps subjective experience any day in my book
WikiAttitudeFAQ
In New York, we wrote the legal number on our arms in marker...To call a lawyer if we were arrested.
In Istanbul, People wrote their blood types on their arms. I hear in Egypt, They just write Their names.
גם זה יעבור

ragabr
#12 Posted : 7/19/2010 10:42:34 PM

DMT-Nexus member

^^ what SnozzleBerry said. Also, plenty of people here, including SWIM, report zero tolerance, even in very small time frames.
PK Dick is to LSD as HP Lovecraft is to Mushrooms

endlessness
#13 Posted : 7/19/2010 11:20:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Yeah I got the sources for no tolerance well tucked in my pants too... *starts unzipping hahaha Very happy

Also in my subjective experience I can blast off right after I come down from one launch and I still can go as deep or even deeper than before.

Maybe you expected to not have effects because of tolerance and this had an influence, or maybe you didnt smoke as effectively on the second try than on the first? Or maybe your metabolism is different for some reason? Or, did you consume any other drugs in the same day as you tried and you thought there were tolerance? Many possibilities we could think of....

Astralking
#14 Posted : 7/19/2010 11:27:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Rollenberg wrote:
I am very shocked that you all are saying there is no tollerance!

I find that if I smoke a 50mg dose, It is IMPOSSIBLE to get any effects within the next 45 minutes to an hour after that experience, no matter how much I smoke.

But if I wait 1 hour before smoking again, then I am completely back to the level of zero tollerance.

I have definatly found that it is best to smoke it all as quickly as possible, and then not bother smoking more until at least an hour after I come down from the experience.

I dont think there is a buildup of tollerance, but there absolutely is a temporary tollerance which goes away as you aproach an hour from blast off.

I have no sources for this but this is exactly the same for me. I can't smoke changa in spliffs either it just doesn't work. Needs to be in a short space of time to work on mehhh. And thats been the same for 100's of trips.
No drug, not even alcohol, causes the fundamental ills of society. If we're looking for the source of our troubles, we shouldn't test people for drugs, we should test them for stupidity, ignorance, greed and love of power. ~P.J. O'Rourke

kaleidoscope eyes
#15 Posted : 7/20/2010 12:45:29 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Rollenberg wrote:

I guess it must vary a lot from person to person, because I haven't found that I get a temporary tolerance. Occasionally after my first experience I will re smoke within 5-25 mins & often venture in deeper the second time Smile & It's often even more beautiful & amazing, & I'm calmer after 'being through' the first one - I get a lil less anxiety.

& I usually romp the dose in one hit, I have bong smoker lungs so find it fairly easyish just to pull a large cone- though I probably wouldn't hold it in the whole recommended time- as if the room is already starting to change I prefer just to blow it out & close my eyes (though I'm def not going in as deeper as I could- so I think when I try a large dose I'll maybe try holding it in for a full 20-30 secs if I can.)
the fictional character, kaleidoscope eyes, resides in the sky with diamonds and cellophane flowers

endlessness
#16 Posted : 7/20/2010 12:54:39 AM

DMT-Nexus member

smoking dmt/changa spliffs is a horribly innefective method of smoking

get a vaporgenie, its really worlds of difference in terms of effectiveness, and then if you want, try the successive launches one after the other and post in the thread again Smile

(but yeah, whatever you guys feel its your way, do that. Im certainly not advising people to make many launches in a row. Usually a single successful breakthrough launch is more than enough for me for a long time, but it did happen a few times where I felt like launching again straight away and it worked more than perfectly)

SnozzleBerry
#17 Posted : 7/20/2010 1:38:46 PM

omnia sunt communia!

endlessness wrote:
Maybe you expected to not have effects because of tolerance and this had an influence, or maybe you didnt smoke as effectively on the second try than on the first? Or maybe your metabolism is different for some reason? Or, did you consume any other drugs in the same day as you tried and you thought there were tolerance? Many possibilities we could think of....

Yea, I think it was in Strassman's book (or it could've been Zarkov and Gracie commenting on Strassman's book), but someone said that they felt that most of the issues reported with dmt smokers' "tolerance" was the fact that due to harshness of smoke/bronchoconstriction from the experience, people don't take enough in or hold it long enough on subsequent journeys. Personally, I've never noticed a tolerance when going back. My last SHE consisted of 40g caapi drunk and 2 fat dmt/mapacho/cannabis spliffs that were smoked over the course of two hours. If tolerance had built, I would have been unable to hold myself in that space as I did.
WikiAttitudeFAQ
גם זה יעבור

aetherbound
#18 Posted : 7/20/2010 2:15:24 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Personally I have never had a problem with launching several times an evening. On those occasions I was taking turns with my girl so launches were at least a half hour apart . Over time I have found that it takes less to launch me and I integrate each experience over a couple of weeks to a month. When I first started on this journey I was launching everyday and soon realized that was too often to fully appreciate the full experience...
Peace and Love
Aetherbound
In all chaos there is a cosmos, in all disorder a secret order..Jung
All above writing with the exception of Dr. Jung's quote is pure mushroom encrusted cowpie!

hyperspacing
#19 Posted : 7/20/2010 6:05:05 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Best time frames for smoking:
A little while ago
Right now!
A little while later

Rinse and repeat Twisted Evil
-Close your eyes, See the light, and feel the sunshine in the shade

~All views, ideas and opinions of this user are strictly fictional and in no way represent an act done in reality.

State of the Mind
#20 Posted : 7/25/2010 12:45:10 AM

DMT-Nexus member

gammagore wrote:
gibran2 wrote:

its all about getting in that first(or only) monster tokeVery happy

I have never had enough time to consider thinking about a second, let alone third hit. Laughing Laughing

But I guess some people have smaller lung capacities than others ...
People spend their lives searching for perfect moments and fail to see, that there are many unappreciated perfect moments everyday that are overlooked.

12NEXT