We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Returning to non-MAOI Diet Options

DrParadox
#1 Posted : 3/10/2008 7:28:55 PM
DMT-Nexus member

How long does SWIY wait after consuming Syrian Rue/harmine/harmaline before returning to a regular (non-MAOI) diet?

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

The Traveler
#2 Posted : 3/10/2008 11:14:36 PM

"No, seriously"

Administrator | Skills: DMT, LSD, Programming

I'm not really sure but I'm starting again with non-MAOI diet food the day after I took the journey. This works fine with me.

fourthripley
#3 Posted : 3/11/2008 12:20:35 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Don't want to encourage irresponsibiity but I've consumed coffee, beer, cheese, chocolate within 6 hours of ingesting P.Harmala without il-effects.
mistakes were made

lemmy
#4 Posted : 3/19/2008 4:08:46 PM

DMT-Nexus member

same here fourthripley ive also consumed foods with tyramine and had no ill effects apart from the time i ate a smoked herring 5 hours before a journey,i didnt feel any hypertensive symptoms,just a wrong feeling of being like a big fat smoked kipper while journying.lol.

shopdropper
#5 Posted : 7/28/2008 1:36:57 AM
DMT-Nexus member

i think i recall reading that natural MAO inhibitors like rue and cappi are very short acting but pharmaceutical MAOI's particularly one pharmy have longer lasting effects like up to 10 days. sorry i dont have a reference to go with that

'Coatl
#6 Posted : 7/28/2008 5:10:49 PM

Teotzlcoatl

I'd do a good three days before and after.

Wanna see my Aya' diet list?
WARNING: DO NOT INGEST ANY BOTANICAL WHICH YOU HAVE NOT FULLY RESEARCHED AND CORRECTLY IDENTIFIED!!!

I am Teotzlcoatl, older cousin of Quetzalcoatl. My most famous physical incarnation was Nezahualcoyotl, but I have taken many forms since the dawn of the cosmos. In this realm I manifest as multiple entities at a single time. I am many, I am numbered. I am few, but more than one. I am a multifaceted being, a winged serpent with many heads. We are Teotzlcoatl.

"We Are The One's We've Been Waiting For" - Hopi Proverb

WSaged
#7 Posted : 7/30/2008 12:47:01 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
Wanna see my Aya' diet list?

YES!!! Please!!!

There are a million reads on what not to eat on MAOI's.
So hard to find suggestions of what you should eat!!

Thanks!

WS
All posts are fictional short stories depicting the adventures of WSaged!! None of these events have actually happened and any resemblance to any real persons or incidents is totally coincidence!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Traveler
#8 Posted : 7/30/2008 7:58:23 AM

"No, seriously"

Administrator | Skills: DMT, LSD, Programming

This file I uploaded is the best I've seen yet and it includes things you CAN eat.

WSaged
#9 Posted : 7/30/2008 8:02:05 PM

DMT-Nexus member

WOW!! Great list!!

Thanks for that PDF!!!

I've been looking for a writeup like this for a long time!!

Thanks again!!

WS
All posts are fictional short stories depicting the adventures of WSaged!! None of these events have actually happened and any resemblance to any real persons or incidents is totally coincidence!!!!!!!!!!!!

69ron
#10 Posted : 7/31/2008 9:39:21 AM

DMT-Nexus member

fourthripley wrote:
Don't want to encourage irresponsibiity but I've consumed coffee, beer, cheese, chocolate within 6 hours of ingesting P.Harmala without il-effects.

The natives using ayahuasca for hundreds of years have never used MAOI diets and they are all fine. It's complete nonsense.

Harmala alkaloids are RIMAs not full MAOIs and RIMAs DO NOT REQUIRE MAOI DIETS AT ALL. SWIM has eaten all of the forbidden MAOI diet foods DURING THE EFFECT OF HAMRINE AND HARMALINE AND FELT NOTHING! Although coffee and chocolate are stronger when taken during the peak, but that's about it. However SWIM doesn't drink alcohol, so he can't say anything about that. But aged cheese, Chinese food, etc., its all fine to eat during the peak. You don't need to wait 6 hours. It's nonsense.

If SWIM is hungry during the peak he's going to eat a slice of pizza with lots of aged cheese. Mmmmmm...SWIM LOVES IT. He's done that many times and never had any reaction, not even nausea. But SWIM uses pure harmine and pure harmaline. Not the plant. The plant (rue or the vine) makes SWIM feel sick. SWIM only likes the pure harmala chems.
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

Infundibulum
#11 Posted : 7/31/2008 10:07:57 AM

Kalt und Heiß, Schwarz und Rot, Kürper und Geist, Liebe und Chaos

ModeratorChemical expert

I have to agree with 69ron here, SWIM has been eating 400mg harmala alkaloids and has eaten all the forbidden stuff 2 hours later; ales, blue cheese, sausages and marinated meat all together. SWIM's friends ate the same stuff as SWIM along whith 400mg harmala alkaloids, none exhibited an adverse reaction.

and that is most likely because harmala alkaloids are reversible MAO inhibitors, that is they inhibit the enzyme but they do not do so all the time, so at a given point after harmala ingestion there's always going top be some activity from MAOs.

It is different from pharmaceutical MAOIs which bind strongly to MAOs and the enzymes are then rendered useless until they are turned over by one's body and replaced by fresh batches of MAOs

Still, it is advisable that one gets to know his/her body. That is, I am not suggesting anyone eating 400mg harmaline and go try as much as of the forbidden fruits (like SWIM did!)

Do your own bioassays, this is a place for gathering different opinions and it is finally up to the individuals for deciding the safety margins of their procedures.

Need to calculate between salts and freebases? Click here!
Need to calculate freebase or salt percentage at a given pH? Click here!

69ron
#12 Posted : 8/1/2008 3:02:18 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Please look up what a RIMA is. Moclobemide is a RIMA just like harmine and harmaline. Moclobemide requires no special diet.

If harmine and harmaline required a special MAOI diet, the natives using ayahuasca would be dropping like flies because they eat a lot of things on a regular basis that are forbidden in the MAOI diet. Like SWIM most of them LOVE AGED CHEESE and eat it all the time. Most natives eat aged cheese every day; even on the day they are going to use ayahuasca! Not everyone using ayahuasca down there adheres to the special spiritual diet the shamans must adhere to. Many of the native users are very casual just like SWIM, and don’t follow any diet.

No one has ever died from using ayahuasca. If a special MAOI diet was needed, there would be at least a few death that were ayahuasca related because many users have ayahuasca sessions after eating dinner with plenty of beans, rice, cheese, etc. So, it’s a bunch of nonsense.

"SPECIAL REPORT: MAN DIES FROM EATING A CHEESE BURRITO DURING AN AYAHUASCA SESSION TONIGHT ON THE 5 O’CLOCK NEWS!"

That report doesn’t exist and never will. Don’t you know how many religious fanatics there are that would love to report such a tragedy down there to make ayahuasca look bad! Most Catholics don’t like ayahuasca and would do anything to be able to put a bad light on it. But still no such report exists. NONE AT ALL.
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.