We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Eat a grapefruit, or drink mylanta - which will potentiate Mescalien HCl? Options

w0mbat
#1 Posted : 7/11/2010 12:53:54 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I've heard that grapefruit can potentiate mescaline. From personal experience, SWIM has also had a trip on cactus powder (packed into roughly 30 capsules!) become stronger after eating a grapefruit.

However, this goes against everything I've learned about drug absorption. Since it's the freebase form of mescaline that is absorbed across the cell walls of intestinal cells, and since the freebase form is present in greater proportions when pH is high, shouldn't drinking mylanta be the best way to potentiate a trip on mescaline HCl (or any other salt form)?
benzyme wrote:

i'm tellin ya, one day i'll interface a mass spec and uv-vis spectrophotometer to a modular synthesizer

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

soulfood
#2 Posted : 7/11/2010 12:59:03 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: DMT, Harmaloids, Bufotenine, Mescaline, Trip advice

I'm not too clued up on my biology, but wouldn't a high pH in the stomach speed up that phase of the process involved there leading quickly onto the stage where the pH is raised before becoming absorbed?

w0mbat
#3 Posted : 7/11/2010 4:27:38 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Fiashly wrote:
Don't know much about the mylanta thing but grapefruit is a well known inhibitor of the CYP3A4 enzyme found in the gut and the liver. Since that enzyme is used to metabolize a wide variety of things (including many drugs) grapefruit has the effect of preventing the metabolism of those things, which sometimes means drugs are stronger or longer lasting then they otherwise would be (and for some drugs potentially fatal).

Maybe grapefruit chased by mylanta, then, would be best?
benzyme wrote:

i'm tellin ya, one day i'll interface a mass spec and uv-vis spectrophotometer to a modular synthesizer

dg
#4 Posted : 7/15/2010 3:14:11 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Cacti expert

grapefruit has been shown to potentiate opiates, but not in my knowledge mescaline.
nor can i see how adding a base to your acidic gut yould help, its all converted to tummy hcl before absorbtion,right? not fb

opposed to common knogledge,(saftey disclaimers, etc) maoi's like cappi have shown great potential Smile