We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Peyote & Caapi Options

PsilocybeChild
#1 Posted : 7/7/2010 8:57:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Has anyone ever tried peyote with caapi? I'm searching for healing and teaching and feel that this would be a good combination.
Of course starting with low doses. I'd also get more out of using less peyote which would be a huge benefit.
―λlτεrηιτγ→
Kambo.me Forum
​Internet Security Walk-Through
[url=https://kambo.me/smf/index.php?topic=395.0]Tobacco Disinformation

PM me about personal Herbalist consultations.
Can do it over PMs as to not reveal personal information.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

polytrip
#2 Posted : 7/7/2010 9:34:19 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Location: A speck of dust in endless space, like everyone else.
Yeah i have. But not a very large amount. It was about two firm fists of peyote's and 0.5 grams of maya's 50:1 caapi-extract.
In these amounts it's very much like XTC, but better.
It creates a rushing sensation, like with XTC when it just starts to work, but the rushing lasts for hours and hours.

PsilocybeChild
#3 Posted : 7/7/2010 9:39:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Did you find it detracting or distracting from the trip and visions ect? If so I'd rather add caapi to low doses and make the mdma like rushes the focal point of the trip. ..Or were you able to go far with this combination?
―λlτεrηιτγ→
Kambo.me Forum

polytrip
#4 Posted : 7/7/2010 10:02:13 PM
DMT-Nexus member

PsilocybeChild wrote:
Did you find it detracting or distracting from the trip and visions ect? If so I'd rather add caapi to low doses and make the mdma like rushes the focal point of the trip. ..Or were you able to go far with this combination?

In those small amounts, is usually don't have visions with peyote, so it didn't distract me. It just added euphoria. I don't know what it would do in larger amounts. I know that peyote contains other substances like tyramine that might become uncomfortable if they're in larger amounts combined, with caapi.

PsilocybeChild
#5 Posted : 7/7/2010 10:13:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Two firm fists sounds like a pretty good amount to me especially with caapi. So were you up and about on that? Stimulated?
―λlτεrηιτγ→
Kambo.me Forum

polytrip
#6 Posted : 7/8/2010 8:37:22 PM
DMT-Nexus member

PsilocybeChild wrote:
Two firm fists sounds like a pretty good amount to me especially with caapi. So were you up and about on that? Stimulated?

Yes, it was a very stimulating combo. I started wandering through the woods and i think i walked for something like 20 kilometers that night.

lyserge
#7 Posted : 7/8/2010 9:36:50 PM

polyfather anomalous

I've tried Caapi and Syrian Rue with several of the Trichocereus species, not peyote, but found they were a bit unpleasant, causing tensions and headache, likely due to interactions between harmala alkaloids and harmaline. This might be the same with peyote, since it also contains tyramine. I would be interested in hearing the results if you do try it; with even a small amount of Caapi (~2 grams in a tea) the effects of Trich cacti are considerably potentiated and elongated; I was still in a plus-three state 15 hours after ingesting the caapi/cacti snot the last time I partook.
"...I didn't know that Cheshire cats always grinned; in fact, I didn't know that cats could grin..." - Alice's Adventures in Wonderland

polytrip
#8 Posted : 7/9/2010 11:56:24 AM
DMT-Nexus member

lysergify wrote:
I've tried Caapi and Syrian Rue with several of the Trichocereus species, not peyote, but found they were a bit unpleasant, causing tensions and headache, likely due to interactions between harmala alkaloids and harmaline. This might be the same with peyote, since it also contains tyramine. I would be interested in hearing the results if you do try it; with even a small amount of Caapi (~2 grams in a tea) the effects of Trich cacti are considerably potentiated and elongated; I was still in a plus-three state 15 hours after ingesting the caapi/cacti snot the last time I partook.

Yeah, i would be carefull with the amount of peyote you take. A sub-psychedelic amount is fine, but more could give side-effects.

lyserge
#9 Posted : 7/9/2010 3:01:34 PM

polyfather anomalous

polytrip wrote:
Yeah, i would be carefull with the amount of peyote you take. A sub-psychedelic amount is fine, but more could give side-effects.

Another thing, I don't know if this applies to peyote, but the alkaloid mixture in Trichocereus species tend to produce an absolutely beautiful entactogenic experience, like an unbelievable, shiny cactus-orgasm in every cell in the body. With the addition of harmala alkaloids the cactus high is considerably potentiated and elongated, but this nice entactogenic feeling is completely destroyed. It feels much less medicinally beneficial. Again I don't know about the alkaloid mixture in peyote but this is another factor to consider in your experiments. Either way GO LIGHT with this combination!
"...I didn't know that Cheshire cats always grinned; in fact, I didn't know that cats could grin..." - Alice's Adventures in Wonderland

polytrip
#10 Posted : 7/9/2010 8:17:33 PM
DMT-Nexus member

lysergify wrote:

I can imagine that rue has a lot more side-effects than caapi, when you take it with cacti.