We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Disabilities and chemical balances. Options

TrustLoveMan
#1 Posted : 7/3/2010 8:45:08 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I've heard of people's theories about DMT and schizophrenia. I think most mental health issues are probably chemical balances being off. I just saw this video about autism. I thought I'd post it here because I only want some real science on the matter.
When I do DMT I am so overwhelmed by information that I can't open my eyes and if I do, I have very strong stimulant effects. I also find it hard to look at people in the face or the mirror. I think I may have a little understanding of how this girl feels. Let me know what you guys think.
All Posts are fiction and only exist to entertain

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Samadhi-Sukha-Upekkha
#2 Posted : 7/9/2010 2:07:41 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Location: Not separate from the rest of the universe. So, everywhere.
It's possible for there to be a similarity between the typical autistic spectrum "sensory overload" and the sensory overload of the classical psychedelics, but I don't think it's proven. It would be interesting to find out if the use of anti-5-HT2a antipsychotics reduced the sensory overload in autistic spectrum people. I know antipsychotics are used, but I'm not quite sure what the rationale is.