We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
The perfect cactus tea? Options

Astralking
#1 Posted : 7/7/2010 6:39:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I've tried cactus twice and both times i feel i've totally failed!

The first time, i made a tea to almost no effects. I used excessive heat not really knowing what i was doing quite a while ago.

The second time i made a resin and the tea seemed to go fine but i think i burnt it when i was evapping... this may not be the case but all i know is i got minimal effects(although i did get some)

The idea of extracting mescaline appealed to me so much more but i just didn't have the cash at the time but i'm getting a new job in august so that wont be as much of a problem then and i was wondering if theres anyway i can yield mescaline without the use of any heat at all, for the tea or evaporating.

Heat seems to ruin everything i make Sad
No drug, not even alcohol, causes the fundamental ills of society. If we're looking for the source of our troubles, we shouldn't test people for drugs, we should test them for stupidity, ignorance, greed and love of power. ~P.J. O'Rourke

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

wade
#2 Posted : 7/7/2010 6:42:08 PM

wade

all you have to do is simmer a lot of cactus, preferably much more than you first thought, as much as a large pot can hold, for a long time
after its cooked you filter and reduce it down to a cup and drink

every cactus tea will be different
try it fresh and dont be afraid to go overboard

jbark
#3 Posted : 7/7/2010 6:48:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I do three cooks in a crockpot, so far with exemplary success. for 80g dry cactus, 750 for first cook of 2-3 hours. After, 2 cooks of 2-3 hours with 500ml water. No lemon or vinegar needed. The trick is to be careful with the temp. For each cook, I leave my crock on high until the sides bubble, then reduce to low for the remainder until it's time to pour off. Only after the last cook do I squeeze the juice from the cactus through a strainer. I then dry it to resin, but it can be drunk straight away. VERY STRONG BREW (cactus dependant, I guess...)

Good Luck!!

JBArk
JBArk is a Mandelthought; a non-fiction character in a drama of his own design he calls "LIFE" who partakes in consciousness expanding activities and substances; he should in no way be confused with SWIM, who is an eminently data-mineable and prolific character who has somehow convinced himself the target he wears on his forehead is actually a shield.

dg
#4 Posted : 7/8/2010 3:22:37 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Cacti expert

Astralking wrote:
I've tried cactus twice and both times i feel i've totally failed!

The first time, i made a tea to almost no effects. I used excessive heat not really knowing what i was doing quite a while ago.

The second time i made a resin and the tea seemed to go fine but i think i burnt it when i was evapping... this may not be the case but all i know is i got minimal effects(although i did get some)

The idea of extracting mescaline appealed to me so much more but i just didn't have the cash at the time but i'm getting a new job in august so that wont be as much of a problem then and i was wondering if theres anyway i can yield mescaline without the use of any heat at all, for the tea or evaporating.

Heat seems to ruin everything i make Sad

look elsewhere for the flaw in your system, heat is Not a problem whem making tea, or extracting cacti in any way. impossible to boil water hot enough(in home style) to damage mescaline.

but yes, mescaline hcl is very water soluable, try a cold water tek if you like(they work on cacti if there is mescaline avail in the first place...). if it is on the same cacti the results might be the same though