We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Red naphta? Options

RigelL
#1 Posted : 7/2/2010 11:08:05 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I was suposed to already be on vacations but for some reasons that do not matter here i got stranded a few more days at home and decided to, besides continuing with my first extraction, make another extraction at the same time... Very happy I used the Nature Boy´s tek and from the first two pulls of both extractions got the yellow waxy DMT in high yields (0.36 average for each pull). for the third pull on the first extraction i used warm naphta and got a more waxy substance (wich i have now to purify) but with a much lower yield. So the girl here decided to experiment and for the third pull on the second extraction i´ve decided to put the whole jar (MHRB/NaOH solution/naphta) in a hot bath... I left it to simmer about half an hour in low heat, but when i realized it the naphta had pulled a lot of tannins and was now very reddish Shocked
I am now evaping and can already see a lot of red/ocre sediment accumulating. Any ideas on what might this sediment be and if it is safe to experiment with?
bellow the pics from the first pull of the first extraction and the red naphta sedimenting.
RigelL attached the following image(s):
First pull.jpg (9kb) downloaded 102 time(s).
Red sediment.jpg (16kb) downloaded 104 time(s).
It is no measure of health to be adjusted to a profundly sick society
Learning how to walk the earth respectfully

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Samadhi-Sukha-Upekkha
#2 Posted : 7/3/2010 12:14:34 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Location: Not separate from the rest of the universe. So, everywhere.
When heated significantly, naphtha extractions can in fact pull some jungle spice. Check the wiki for some info about that -- it's pretty intresting =)

RigelL
#3 Posted : 7/3/2010 12:34:32 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Yeap i was reserching about it yesterday night but i didn´t use the standart solvents to pull jungle. Just used naphta, aldough i´ve read that you can further purify the jungle spice by pulling it, in the end, with naphta...
Anyway it has dried now and matches a lot of all i´ve read about this kind of spice
It is a very waxy red/yellowish/ocre substance, has a strong DMT smell but with a fruity aftertone. I have not proceed with spreading it over the evap dish and see how does it react... I´ll post some more pics of it this night.
The thing is do you guys think it is safe to try it or i might have pulled something toxic? (well we do drink Ayahuasca and that is also overheated and from what i know nobody ever died from it so...)

RigelL
#4 Posted : 7/4/2010 9:05:59 AM

DMT-Nexus member

After more then ove day with a fan blowing a gentle stream of air trough it, the substance as become a little darker but also more consistent. it resembles the pictures i´ve seen about jungle spice. quite curious about this... Very happy i´ve proceeded to purify half of the sample trough an A/B purification, let´s see what that gets me!
Bellow a pic of the half non-purified yield

RigelL attached the following image(s):
jungle.jpg (26kb) downloaded 72 time(s).

GirlsHateMe
#5 Posted : 7/6/2010 2:24:25 AM

DMT-Nexus member

You mean to tell me THATS what that is when my naptha turns red and has that sediment in it?

ive been throwing it away...

son of a....
For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. Wherefore take unto you the whole Armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand. - Ephesians 6:12-13

GHM is an internet handle, a fictional one at that, the person I portray in no way depicts real life actions and or opinions. After all, whats the internet for besides pretending to be someone you arent! Also, no girls do not really hate me.

RigelL
#6 Posted : 7/6/2010 12:45:11 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Lol
I am really not qualified to say if that is what you get or not... This is what i´ve got but i seem to have made A LOT of mistakes that by chance turned out like this. All i can tell you is that it is very strong. I´ve passed some tabacco trough the wax that i couldn´t scrape off any more, from the evap dish ( so a minimal, minimal amount) and smoked it and got a very strong body load and CEV´s... But for a short time, like 5 min or so. When i go back to germany i´ll try this "jumgle spice again, this time in proper doses and see what gibs Razz

Peace

goqql
#7 Posted : 7/6/2010 3:47:43 PM

N. Theodor Gene

Sodium carbonate washes work definitely on the brown/red naphtha or gunk.
This substance made my day

acolon_5
#8 Posted : 7/6/2010 6:09:02 PM

The Great Namah

^ sometimes.

If it IS sediment and not a solute.

If there is no sediment, you will need to do a mini A/B on your red spice to clean it up.
The Spice extends life
The Spice expands consciousness
The Spice is vital for space travel
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
Never underestimate the power of STUFF!

I am certifiably insane, as such all posts written by me should be regarded as utter nonsense or attempts to get attention.

I don't know SWIM and personally don't trust him at all. If SWIM is posting, most likely I will not respond...as I said, I don't trust the guy. YOU I trust, but never SWIM.