We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
a. obtusi root bark Options

wHats Yours?
#1 Posted : 7/23/2008 11:37:34 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I was reading through trouts notes on erowids books and it talks about obtusifolia root
bark possibly containing maois. i tried an extract on just the rb to find the same product
i was getting from just the bark (dmt), it doesnt glow much under black light Confused and seems to smoke the same. but theres still the possibility, maybe a plant from a different area. im intrested to no what others have found. lexs tek is by far a great tek for this plant good work lex Razz

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Viracocha
#2 Posted : 7/24/2008 3:12:22 AM

..still lc..

Wink

Was the yield much higher than from a trunk bark extraction?

timeloop
#3 Posted : 7/24/2008 3:51:12 AM

DMT-Nexus member

in SWIM's experience obtusi's deffinately vary from area to area and in different parts of the season...

last extract using some root material did not result in any greater yield or any MAOI type potentiation.

apparently there is a type of native aus bindi grass that does contain harmaline...

wHats Yours?
#4 Posted : 7/24/2008 12:42:54 PM
DMT-Nexus member

yeild was prety much the same. yeah i herd of that bindi its those big chunky ones, i remember steping on them wen i was a kid. apparently they are pretty low concentration
of harmala alkaloids but they hav lots of other alks in them to ive herd. if i eva cum
across some il giv it a go, research 1st though. Razz

knark
#5 Posted : 7/25/2008 12:07:14 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I got hold of some obtusifolia once and the extract was very different from normal spice, very much like a maoi-type of alteration..

wHats Yours?
#6 Posted : 7/25/2008 9:36:15 AM
DMT-Nexus member

ive never had dmt from anyother sorce so i couldnt tell if it was diffrent, if some how sum
time i find out different il b back. how much diffrnt was the high compard to the other stuff u had?